“Amazing rice & beans” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Takeout
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing rice & beans”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Service was ok, good was pretty good, good was a little slow but did not have the same problems being mentioned by others. I feel it's worth a trip just for those beans!!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“The food was OK ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The service was very poor. There is a very long wait for the food. we had the mofongo with chicken and the breaded chicken cutlet. I've had much better!

Oviedo, Florida
“Better off going to Pizza Hut”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Take it from a native. We waited over an hour for our food. Once we received our drinks( bad Mojitos) we were never again asked if we wanted to have another drink or even water. It took over an our to received a dry snapper. I had the skirt steak, no flavor, completely tasteless. Bad food and horrible service.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Not what you expect from ANY restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

They took our order, then never came back. Our food came out 2-3 orders at a time, our order was not correct, some of the food was cold. After a 20-30 minute wait we were all very hungry, and some of our group had to share dishes. We had to ask for our waiter, then wait on him. We had to ask for refills. Not what you expect from ANY restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa, OK
“Not Worth the Wait!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

First off, let me say that we visited this restaurant on a Saturday night-prime time around 8pm. This restaurant was an easy walk from our hotel (The Verdanza), and had an extensive menu listed on the window by the door. Looked great, so we went in.
That is when the experience started to go down hill.
Had to walk to the back of the restaurant to speak to a "hostess", as the waiters would not even make eye contact when we entered. We were told "sit anywhere you like", so my Wife, Son and I sat at a not too special table for four by the window.
It took about 10 minutes to have someone take our drink order, and an additional 5-10 minutes before our order was taken. We were given a basket of bread about 5 minutes later. Did I mention we still were not given silverware or napkins yet?
The food arrived about 30 minutes later, approximately 50 minutes after walking in the door. We were thinking, "if the food is great, it was well worth the wait". Unfortunately, the food was not great.
I ordered my first Mofongo (with Chicken) and it was actually quite good. Would have been better had it not obviously been ready 5-10 minutes earlier-and not delivered to the table when it was hot! My Wife's Salsa Chicken with Rice and Beans was also good...and cold. My Son ordered "Native Chicken", which apparently means a dry and overcooked chicken breast with a huge pile of raw onions on the top. All three of us tried this dish and found it totally inedible.

Service was poor. Waiter did not return to refill our water, or ask how we were enjoying our meal. Only time in Puerto Rico where we felt that we may have received the "American Treatment".

Overall, I would give this place a worse rating-but I want to be fair due to the fact that we chose to dine at a prime time. However, I would save my money and go somewhere where your hard earned dinner dollars will be appreciated.

• Visited June 2014