“Great calamari!” 4 of 5 stars

787.722.1144
Improve this listing
Ranked #106 of 639 Restaurants in San Juan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
“Great calamari!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Very good spot for lunch. The restaurant is housed in one of the oldest buildings in San Juan - 1523 - and served the best calamari I have ever eaten. Also try the assorted seafood presentation.

Terryville, Connecticut
“Eclectic atmosphere and excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stopped here as part of the San Juan Food Tour and since it was close to the Villa Herencia where we were staying, we decided to eat here another night. We were sat outside which was nice. The staff was helpful and everything we ate was seasoned well and very tasty. We sampled many different tapas along with a pitcher is sangria that was great! Moderately priced but on par with the other menus we looked at. Highly recommend you give it a try. Flamenco dancers on Fridays and Saturdays I think.

Portland, Maine
“Great last minute choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Prior to our vacation I had researched restaurants for dinner while in OSJ and this one wasn't on my list. But it was across the street from El Convento, where we were staying, so we saw it several times while "out and about". Returning to our hotel one afternoon I suggested we stop there for a quick lunch/snack. We ended up having a 1/2 pitcher of Sangria and appetizers. We really liked the Spanish atmosphere inside, and wondered if it is family owned/operated, as it had that friendly feeling to us. The Sangria was delicious and the food was excellent. I wish now that we had eaten there at least once more...but a reason to return to OSJ! :)

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Good food but had some trouble with waiters who knew little English”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Delicious food and close to the port where the ship was docked. One or two waiters did not have good command of English. For a tourist area in Old San Juan, I found this rather unacceptable. Nonetheless, good restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Spanish-approved authentic fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We found this place after being introduced to it during a food tour. Although we were served the Puerto Rican part of the menu during the tour, we had a glimpse of the authentic Spanish side when we tasted their bread with alioli. We came back a day later to try it out for lunch. Everything was fantastic with the exception of the tostones, but who cares?! They're a Spanish restaurant and that was a Puerto Rican dish. We ordered half a pitcher of sangria and they practically gave us a pitcher because we definitely poured around 5 or 6 cups and we still hadn't finished it yet. They served us the bread and alioli again. Fantastically garlicky. We had patatas bravas which were very spicy, which is fine with me. We had the gazpacho, which was very refreshing. Finally, we had the croquetas de jamón which were out of this world. I would order two plates of that by myself and shovel it into my mouth if I could right now. hmmm!

Definitely don't miss this place and don't confuse this with the other restaurant which is just called "Triana"!

Visited January 2013