“Outstanding Food / Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars

+1 787-724-3969
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 628 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, International, Fusion, Organic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: Marmalade does not accommodate children under seven years old. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
New Orleans
“Outstanding Food / Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My fiance and I fibbed a little and told them it was our honeymoon. And boy did they step up. It was absolutely wonderful. We had rose petals on our table and the service was top notch. We did the tasting menu. I had Lobster Risotto and the pork cheeks for my entree. It was sooo rich and tasty. The bean soup is to die for. I could swim in it. I love this place. It's expen$$$ive, but I will definitely be back on my next trip!

• Visited March 2014

Warwick, Rhode Island
“Amazing and special 50th Birthday celebration on 4/4/14”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I booked a table via open table at Marmalade, after I had read reviews on TA and needed to be able to celebrate my 50th birthday here. We arrived 1/2 hour early and sat at the bar (and were served promptly). The vibe is young, cool, hip and the restaurant decor and design is amazing. My husband had the "Expat" (he's from England) and it was a mixture of Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout and chocolate bitters. He loved it and ordered a 2nd during dinner. I asked the bartender to make me a pear martini and did he do it right! Yum! We were brought to our table which was in a quieter area (looked like more suited for just parties of two) and the table was decorated with fresh red rose petals scattered across the tabletop. So pretty. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu. You can pick 4-, 5- or 6-course meals w/without wine pairings and we chose the 4-course (i only did the wine pairing). I started with the ceviche so good marinated in fresh lime juice and my husband ordered the spagetti squash in a mixture of a coconut yellow curry sauce. Amazing and so tasty! We had (and it is a MUST--do not substitute this one), the tiny white bean soup with truffle oil and pancetta dust. Brought tears to my eyes it was that GOOD! I asked for more (kiddingly) but we were actually brought a demitasse cup of more of this!! A MUST-HAVE!! For dinner, I had the thai sea bass over jasmine rice with a pineapple salsa and my husband had the Moroccan lamb tangine…. again, both sooo good! The wine pairings were nice..I especially enjoyed the white burgundy served with the white bean soup and will need to find that when I return home. For desert, my husband had the creme brûlée scented with chocolate and lemongrass--believe me, again, Chef knows how to combine different and very fragrant ingredients that go well together. I had the banana and butterscotch great pudding which was to die for. and with the obligatory birthday candle! Oh and the pairing was a 23-year old Guatamalan rum. I need to find the name of it so I can find that one back home too. Highlight of the evening, when Chef Peter Schintler came out to say "hi" and speak with us and his wife who runs the front of the house, then told him it was my birthday and he gave me a big hug. THEN he said it was HIS birthday as well so I got another hug!!! I cannot thank both Chef and his wife enough for making my birthday so special. We wanted to go the next night but we ended us staying in at our hotel. I will make it a point to come back to PR and go to this great restaurant as I need to be able to try the other dishes on the menu!!! A must-visit place!! Thanks Chef Peter and Happy Birthday again--I hope you had a great celebration!-Marie and Simon

• Visited April 2014
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
“Lives up to the hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

There's a reason this restaurant is in the top few (if not the top) restaurant in San Juan on various review sites. It absolutely lived up to the high expectations all the other reviews set. For our 5th wedding anniversary, they sat us at a romantic two-person couch filled with rose petals and candles. We decided on the six course tasting menu, and were ecstatic that they let each of us choose six courses each, so we were able to enjoy twelve different items from their menu. Most items were mind blowing, and all were exceptional. I hate the term "foodie", but this place is a foodie dream, and I can't imagine anyone being disappointed. Be ready to spend some money, it isn't cheap, but is worth it. The wine & service were great too. Of the countless trips and amazing meals we've had, this place landed in our Top 10 all-time.

• Visited April 2014
Farmington, Connecticut
“Even better the second time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Last November, Marmalade was so outstanding, we planned to revisit on my wife's birthday. We did and the food was even better than we remembered. From yellowtail poke, to beet salad, to lobster risotto, to the chef's special pappardelle and lamb sausage! to the sea bass entree, everything was among the best we've had. Even the simple ice cream and dark chocolate dessert was memorable. We will be back on our next trip to San Juan!

Visited April 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

A bit pricey but nice ambiance and the food was excellent. The chef/owner spent time with us which is a nice touch. The white bean soup should not be missed. I never tasted anything like it before.

Visited March 2014