“Great Staff! Great View!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Luxe at La Concha
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in San Juan
New York City, New York
“Great Staff! Great View!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Upon checking in the staff was nothing but helpful. I had my room changed to the top floor with the best view with no problem at all. Even to get around to different parts of the Island the staff printed directions out for me. The gym, restaurants, pools, casino are A++. I'm going back in January and plan to stay there again for another week.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,720)
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

La Concha is easily the nicest hotel in San Juan. While other hotels may have better cachets in terms of brand recognition, La Concha has a vibe, and energy, to it that is lacking in the other hotels. Excellently located, there are great eateries close by within walking distance, if you so choose not to eat at one of its restaurants. It also has its own private beach, and a beautiful view from every room. A must-stay if you decide to visit Puerto Rico!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at La Concha for our honeymoon; it is a nice modern contemporary resort with excellent customer service (I think excellent may be an understatement). Everyone from the doormen (especially my man Felix!) to the waiters/waitresses, poolstaff and maids, treat guests as if they are royalty and tend to any of your needs. It also seems to be the place to stay amongst celebrties (Justin Bieber stayed the week before we arrived and Snoop checked in the night before we left) even with the Ritz Carlton being available for stay. The rooms themselves are very clean and modern and have excellent views should you choose to have an oceanview room. There are also plenty of events to attend such as live music during some evenings in the lobby and holiday parties (they were preparing for a big Halloween party as we left). Lastly, the hotel is in a great location with access to shops and many restaurants in the nice, clean Condado area of San Juan. With that being said, my wife and I definitely plan on paying another visit very soon!

Chris from Virginia

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms provide excellent views, the wall-length window slides open!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Loved everything about this hotel - price, location, service staff, room, view, pool, etc. We stayed there the weekend before Halloween and they also threw an awesome party at the bar downstairs. The staff were friendly, the room was kept wonderfully clean, the bed was comfortable, and it was very easy to get to other parts of San Juan from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Katherine Rivera is in a word, Fabulous. She not only went above and beyond in making me feel more comfortable with the choice to have my parents stay at the hotel, she also made me feel as though she ENJOYED doing it. She on her own time went out and purchased balloons and flowers for my parents room for celebration of their 47th wedding anniversary, and then sent me pictures and text to make sure I liked them. Katherine is a very valuable assett to your company and I sincerely hope that you have identified her as someone you value and want to keep!! Thank you so very much for the passion you obviously have for your work and I will recommend that anyone I know who visits the San Juan area stay with you. Thanks again Katherine for all you have done!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Luis R, General Manager at La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Congratulations to your parents for their 47th Wedding Anniversary! Thank you for your review and kind words. They will definitely be conveyed to Katherine, although, she must have already read your comments as our team members are constantly tuned with Trip Advisor reviews since they enjoy to learn about our guest’s experience while staying with us. Katherine in known for always going the extra mile to satisfy our guest’s needs and this is a true example of her commitment. We look forward to welcome them back in the near future for another celebration and hopefully you may join them too!

Saludos,

Luis R. Rivera
lrivera@laconcharesort.com
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I must say the La Concha is a very nice contemporary resort. The location is definitely wonderful, right on the strip everything you need from restaurant's to Walgreens are in walking distance. At first we had a partial ocean view room and that was terrible. So we decided to upgrade to a full ocean view and it was definitely worth it The staff at the resort was great especially Felix, and Carlos. They gave great recommendations to the best restaurants and shops to visit in Old San Juan. My husband and I stayed here Oct. 5-10 2013 and the weather was great, beside the days when it rained, which was three of out five days. But when it rained it only lasted for a short time. The resort has lots of pools and restaurants on site. We didn't try any of the restaurants at the resort because we wanted to taste authentic puerto rican food. They also have live bands and DJ's that come there on certain nights that was fun.

Room Tip: If you are going to choose a ocean view room, I recommend the full ocean view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Plainview, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Arrived on Tuesday October 29th, front desk Katherine Riviera was able to put us right into our beautiful one bedroom suite. It was clean and beautifully decorated. Great view of city and pool. The hotel is lovely, the layout is wonderful, The gym , pool and beach are so close to one another that there is not a lot of walking. The security is top notch, we met Rudy Matos who always had a smile and welcoming helpful manner. I loved the bar area , music playing every night. The restaurant by the pool had wonderful service, thank you Brian and all your Halloween costumes made it special.
One morning we left the safe open, the maid had already been to our room. I was so thankful all our valuables had not been touched and I appreciated the honest staff.
I loved the free exercise class offered each day at the gym Yoga and zumba were so fun.
The third day we found Ben and Jerrys ice cream parlor next door to hotel. Breakfast, lunch and dinner served besides ice cream. Simply irresistible!!
The pools are beautiful with water falls and jets throughout.
Definitely would return had a wonderful time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel? Share your experiences!