“Girls trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Los Angeles, California
“Girls trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We went to PR all girls trip! It was great the hotel it's beautiful, clean, the staff ALL of them were so helpful and nice! But specially Felix Perez the most helpful gentlemen in the Bell/valet area!! We had an amazing time.

• Stayed September 2013

4,016 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,323)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My stay at La Concha was amazing from the first second we walked into the lobby it was beautiful and modern I knew it was going to be a wonderful hotel. The staff was extremely helpful with our luggage and checking it. The rooms were nice and large and I LOVED the huge bathroom and jet bathtub. I had also loved that the pool didn't close at a certain time; it was open all night and we took advantage of it every night once we got back to the hotel. It was so much fun. But most of all..the best part of staying at la concha was that they helped create the best and most romantic moment of my life when my fiancé proposed at the hotel site near the beach. Everything about it was perfect, especially thanks to Katherine Rivera who was so helpful In making this happen and making our stay comfortable and enjoyable . I would recommend this hotel to anyone .

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The stay at La Concha was very good overall but it could have been great if the power was on when we arrived. I feel like the staff could have been more proactive by telling us at check-in time the power was out. Unfortunately, we discovered the power was out when we got to the room and it remained that way for several hours. A couple of free drinks for what we paid to stay there was hardly compensation. The location was perfect, the room was modern and up to date, and the view was to die for. I highly recommend the Suite Tower if staying at this location. I would definitely go again (provided the lights are working).

• Stayed September 2013
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at La Concha September 20-23, 2013. It was our wedding anniversary and her Birthday. The Resort was everything we expected and more. The beauty is only surpassed by the friendliness and courtesy of every employee we encountered. It really seems that this is a Resort where people actually enjoy their work and they really do like people rather than just tolerate them. (hard for me to imagine as a life long New Yorker) The one hiccup was the cable TV going out for about twenty four hours. I don't think it should have taken that long to fix the problem but it did not detract from everything else that was perfect about this Resort. I will definitely visit again soon. One note for new or inexperienced drivers, use the valet parking. The ramps and parking spaces are very tight in the garage.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront or ocean view on the higher floors. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Hi, I am extremely happy with the stay at the hotel we travel to PR because my son was going to propose I met up with Katherine Rivera whom made me feel at home so sweet very funny love her speed she took action quickly as soon as I ask her to advice me on what to do for proposal she prepared this romantic setting with Janisa Colon, Johanna, yalila for my son to propose everything went so well we were extremely happy will recommend this hotel to all my family & friends the service is excellent the cleanliness is excellent plus very affordable. Once again thank you sooooo much for your hospitality :) if any one stay ask for Katherine Rivera she is the best. Love Mrs Ramadan

• Stayed August 2013
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Currently at the end of a 3 night stay at La Concha. Very nice facility. Multiple pools all open 24 hours. Great fitness center.

On the beach with an attendant there to get you complimentary beach chairs and umbrellas. Very friendly and helpful staff, specifically Maria at the front desk.

Only complaint is that we called ahead numerous times asking for our 2 rooms to connect, and they did not give us connecting rooms. Otherwise, a perfect stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My review of this Hotel is from the idea this is meant to be an excellent place.
The welcome from the guys in front of lobby was excellent, friendly and helpful, 4 of the guys did more than just a good job.
Shame the same can't be said about the front of house staff.
We were told we had a fantastic room on level 5 with a view of the city, despite the enthusiasm
and the room being ok - the noise level led to sleepless nights and although we were there for 10 days we were told we are too busy to look at moving you as the weekend is nearly fully booked (this was only Thursday morning !!)
I tried to leave my laptop with the staff as it was too big for the safe only to be told "NO"
Following a couple of days of poor housekeeping we eventually had the experience were they didn't even turn up and we ended up chasing a Housekeeping supervisor down to get something done following no action from the front desk.

The bed was uncomfortable and the swimming pool had tiles missing.

For me the place has a lot of potential and I would accept that many people have a better experience than me.
I think our party ended up with 5 rooms taken, with us having a Suite, but with all the money spent I would have to say value for money 1 out of 5 and I would have thought if you spend that much money I would expect much better service.

Positive - Room was large enough, plenty of facilities and good location.

Room Tip: Avoid City view rooms !!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jose C, Guest Relations Manager at La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Saludos PhilF69,

Thank you for your honest review and the compliments given towards our Bell staff. On another note I truly apologize that we did not provide you with the level of service expected. As your words say, we have potential and we will work on being consistent to provide a better level of service for all our guests. I hope that you could give us another opportunity to prove to you that we can do it better. Please contact me if that opportunity should arise.

Jose Cepero
Director of Guest Services
jcepero@laconcharesort.com

Been to La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel? Share your experiences!