Upon check in, go have a passion fruit mojito from the lobby bar. Yum!
We stayed in the Suite tower and based on reviews, it seems like the only part to stay in. Ours felt like an apartment (by New York standards). We tried two of the restaurants. They were good if you just don't feel like going out to explore all the wonderful restaurants in town. This hotel is in a perfect location to get to anything around the city and it's on a great shopping street. The entire staff was helpful: Housekeeping, Front Desk, Valet, Bellmen. The valet guys were especially helpful and so welcoming.
The one or two down-sides
1) The charge 16% of your room rate as a resort fee. Ours ended up being $50 a day.
2) There's also a serious hotel tax
So, basically, more expensive hotels might be cheaper because their resort fees are normal.
Our stay was so lovely that even with the painful surprise on the bill, we chose to just lick our wounds. I guess we should researched the ridiculous resort fee ahead of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the La Concha Resort experience, the stunning renovation of one of San Juan's most elegantly chic properties. On a sun-drenched corner of Caribbean beachfront in San Juan's most prestigious Condado district, La Concha is an icon of modernist architecture replete with spacious exhilarating decor and detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Concha Hotel Renaissance
- Renaissance San Juan
- San Juan Renaissance