“La Concha Ocean Lounge is a Haven” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Naughty or Nice Package
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“La Concha Ocean Lounge is a Haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I travel weekly to La Concha in San Juan on business. In the weeks I've been coming Cristina IIlariucci, the lounge's concierge is the kindest and most thoughtful person I have met. Cristina is always helpful and extremely accommodating. Her friendly smile and open arm welcome makes me feel like I'm coming "home" . Cristina ensures that the support staff within the lounge, Alan Aponte, Ana Maris Rivera and Ian Marrero are always attentive to our needs and maintain a clean and well managed lounge. This kind of service and kindness is worthy of recognition and great praise and has been promoted and established through the great supervision of Michael Tischler.
THANK YOU La Concha for hiring such an incredible staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,454)
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have the pleasure and honor of staying at the beautiful La Concha on a weekly basis. The staff is amazing and provide us with the utmost in customer service and care. I have so many commendations that I hope I do not forget anyone. I will start with the staff members of the Ocean Lounge.

Cristina, Michael, Allen, and Ian are absolutely amazing! They are such a credit to your establishment and their efforts should be recognized and applauded. We see Michael in the morning and Cristina in the evening and upon each meeting we are always greeted with the warmest smiles and welcomes. Because of them, La Concha is my home away from home.

Please recognize them for their outstanding professionalism, work ethics, attention to detail and kindness. They make me believe that exemplary customer service still exists in our world.

Dr. Ann Jackman

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Luis R, General Manager at La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Dr. Jackman,

First of all, thank you for your loyalty! We appreciate you sharing your hotel experience with us. I was excited to learn that you consider our Resort your “Home Away from Home” and that we have lived up to your expectations providing you with excellent service during each of your frequent stays. I will personally convey your wonderful comments to Cristina, Michael, Allen, and Ian from The Ocean Lounge for their superb continuous hospitality and service.

I look forward to personally meet you upon your next visit.

Saludos,

Luis R. Rivera
lrivera@laconcharesort.com
toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Spent 3 nights at this hotel with 3 friends. This hotel is simply just fabulous and very chic. We appreciated the upgrade to a partial view suite in the Suite tower. Staff were all very friendly, willing to help and professional. Check-in staff forgot to give us some of the freebies that accompanied our rate plan. This was however rectified properly during our stay.

Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The property is attractive, but there are better options close by. Try the Conrad just down the street. Some of the towels in the room were stained and had tears. I had one issue while on the property, and instead of offering resolution, i received a lecture. Interesting approach to customer service...There are plenty of other options nearby.. I suggest staying elsewhere. Also note the resort fee which isn't mentioned upon check in...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ArroyoA, Manager at La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Stephanie:

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We surely want to apologize for the inconveniences we may have caused during your stay. I was made aware of your distress and certainly wanted to provide you with my personal apologies and a suitable resolution. At the same time I felt the need to respect your stance of not been contacted any further, as uttered in your communication. I courteously hope that you can give me the opportunity to speak to you in the future and rebuild your trust in us.

Respectfully,

Alfredo Arroyo
aarroyo@laconcharesort.com
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just got back from 4 nights in this beautiful hotel. I was concerned at first after a reading a few mixed reviews as I'm typically very picky about hotels, but we couldn't have been happier with La Concha. We chose a ocean front spa suite in the Suite Tower. I will say that while I didn't see the rooms in the Ocean tower, from the exterior alone, the Suite tower looked much nicer. Our room was beautiful, very spacious, modern and extremely clean. (Housekeeping did a fantastic job - our room was immaculate every day.) It looked like the spa suites all were on the 3rd floor and meant that we had a much larger balcony. In addition to the hot tub, we had a table and a lounge chair on the balcony and believe me when I say, the view was INCREDIBLE. We lucked out with a corner room which meant we had an amazing view of the ocean, beach, and infinity pool. The room had a little kitchen area with 2 burner stove, microwave, sink, and decent sized fridge and freezer with an ice maker. (There were even pots/pans, plates, glasses, etc.) I mention the kitchen because it was key in convenience and also probably saved us a bucnh of money. We went to the Walgreens up the street and stocked up on breakfast fare, water, beer, wine, etc. which saved us some money. Truthfully, we really preferred having breakfast on our balcony vs. spending the money in the lobby. Also, another tip - you can bring your own drinks with you to the beach, just bring them in a discreet cooler (think lunch box style vs. white styrofoam) and enjoy. Otherwise, drink prices can add up quickly!

The grounds are absolutley beautiful and really give you a "resort" feel. The beach is well kept as well and the water is beautiful. We noticed the water did tend to be a bit rougher than what we were used to, however in the mornings it wasn't too bad. We lucked out with great weather, it was warm and sunny each day, however there was a constant cool breeze which meant we could sit on the beach nearly all day without getting hot or uncomfortable. It was truly the perfect climate! The fitness center was nice as well - overlooked the beach and the ocean and was very clean.

While pricey, the Solara grill at the pool was convenient and the food was pretty good. (We did not try the other restaurants.) The lobby bartenders are great - inventive with drinks and very attentive and friendly. In general, all of the staff we encountered were extremely helpful and friendly - they genuinely went out of their way to ensure we felt welcome and appreciated. (The only exception was the concierge - while friendly, they weren't overly helpful.)

I will say, I was disappointed in the neighborhood. While we felt generally safe in Condado (police patroled and the area was well-populated), it is a bit depressed - we were surprised at the number of closed buildings/storefronts. When I read "walking distance to the bars/restaurants" I just expected the neighborhood to be a bit more vibrant. That said, it was conveniently located to OSJ but we still had a beach and it was a very short cab ride from the airport.

In summary, if you have doubts about the hotel, don't worry! Stay in the suites tower and definitely choose an ocean view - you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Definitely spend the money on an ocean front suite tower room. The view alone will make your entire...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Spent four days at the La Concha resort. Stayed in a Suite which was fabulous for the price. The food was great and the Sangria was even better. Enjoyed hanging out at both pool and the beach and had no issues with space. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating.

The only issue we had was that we had reserved a Suite with the option for two double beds and even with an early check-in were told that that option was sold out. When asked what we had to do to confirm a double, we were told that you had to call the resort directly.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I came to San Juan for a vacation and read some lovely reviews about La Concha and i was not disappointed. It wasnt our cheapest option but me and my two girlfriends decided we would pay extra to stay nearer to the ocean. AMAZING! The wait at the lobby was quite long, due to there being 7 weddings that weekend, and it was a tad bit on the cold side! However, the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Our room was fantastic, big, and with all the amenities we could need and more! The staff made some fantastic recommendations for restaurants, and the food at the hotel was good too. The pools are kept clean and you're spoilt for choice when it comes to sun loungers and jacuzzi's. We spent a majority of our time in the infinity pool overlooking the ocean. The hotel bar is fantastic and we met plenty of people there. All in all, one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel? Share your experiences!