Booked a 4 day trip here through Orbitz. Read the previous reviews on Travelocity with a grain of salt (there's always a few who seem to have a bad experience). Overall I was very pleased. A few things to note:
1. I think all of the rooms in the older part of the hotel are oceanfront. Some rooms in the newer tower are oceanfront but many overlook the resort or city. I would only ever get an oceanfront room.
2. The lobby does tend to become a bit of scene on weekend nights but it's pretty happening and if you like a trendy/hip scene this seems to be the place. They had some live music, a huge bar/lounge area to sit, relax and enjoy the goings-on.
3. Numerous pools. Read some complaints about the pools being too small but there are four of them and the ocean is literally a few feet away. Why complain about that?
4. Every staff member we met was very friendly and professional. Tip Luis at the beach and he'll set you up with chairs and an umbrella.
5. The drinks from the pool bars were very weak ... even when we ordered doubles. The main lobby bar drinks were far superior.
6. There is a Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks and Walgreens (with a groceries) all with a few blocks. Walgreens also sells liquor (buy yours here and make the drinks in your room and take down to the pool).
7. Lunch at the poolside restaurant was tasty and typical of hotel pricing (overpriced).
8. Didn't eat at the other restaurants on the property but they all looked very good.
9. Suggest rooms on the higher floors as the nightly noise from the busy lobby can be distracting.
10. Cab from the airport is only $20 (plus a per suitcase charge) and takes about 15 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the La Concha Resort experience, the stunning renovation of one of San Juan's most elegantly chic properties. On a sun-drenched corner of Caribbean beachfront in San Juan's most prestigious Condado district, La Concha is an icon of modernist architecture replete with spacious exhilarating decor and detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Concha Hotel Renaissance
- Renaissance San Juan
- San Juan Renaissance