What can I say other than this hotel is the awesomeness of cool, from the suite, to the pool, to the beach, and the lobby nightlife. My better half and I just returned from a perfect five day trip to Puerto Rico, where we stayed at the Renaissance. Our trip was perfect from start to end, in large part due to the hotel staff and this beautiful property.
We arrived to check in to the resort on Friday afternoon where we were met by Felix the bellman. Let me say that this man makes you feel like a part of the family. He welcomed us with open arms, a friendly handshake, and let us know if we needed anything, that he would be happy to help us. Because we were early for check in (check in to the hotel isn't until 4pm, however we pre-registered, left our luggage with Felix, and had some lunch and did some walking around and window shopping until it was time to officially be allowed into our suite). Let me tell you the wait was worth it. Our suite was amazing. We stayed in room 724, had the perfect view of the beach, pool, and everything else on the beach. We had a one bedroom suite, with a dining area, living room, balcony, microwave, you name it we had it, and if we didn't, hotel staff made sure we had what we needed.
Because of our long flight from LA, we decided to rest until later in the evening when we went to the lobby bar. The hotel lobby bar is sleek, crowded, had a sexy vibe, and everyone was just drinking and having fun. If you've ever been to the Redwood Room in S.F. or the Whiskey Blue in L.A., the vibe is similar at La Concha. The bar was so great we didn't leave the lobby bar for the remainder of the evening. FYI, the appetizers were an added treat to the night of fun at the lobby bar.
On Saturday, the weather was ok but it did rain a little so it was mostly a day of hanging by the Ocean Pool. The Ocean Pool is a treat because it is a quiet oasis away from the main pools. This pool is located by the Ocean Lounge which is only for Marriott Gold and Silver members (however the Ocean Lounge is closed on weekends but the pool remains open on weekends). On Saturday evening, we enjoyed Old San Juan and all the nightlife thanks in part to the recommendations from the concierge.
Sunday through Tuesday was spent enjoying the beach and pool, as well as the local restaurants located on the strip of Ashford Avenue. I have to say our hotel stay was special and the staff at La Concha went above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay special. A few of the beach and pool attendants like Carlos and Hector, as well as a few others who's names I cannot recall made our days special.
If you are looking to visit the island, make sure you stay at La Concha. You will not regret your stay, I guarantee it!!
1) La Concha is probably the only hotel where you cannot officially check in until 4pm. So if you are traveling from the west coast to P.R., take a same day flight so that you will arrive to the hotel after 4pm.
2) The lobby has a dress code, it didn't appear to be enforced during our stay, but just to be on the safe side dress smart casual at night, or be escorted by your wife/girlfriend/significant other to avoid any possible hassle.
3) For authentic Puerto Rican food near the hotel, skip the place across the street from the hotel Café del Angel. Visit the restaurant closer to Walgreen's further down.
4) Go to Old San Juan for your nightlife needs. Start off at Sebastian Street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the La Concha Resort experience, the stunning renovation of one of San Juan's most elegantly chic properties. On a sun-drenched corner of Caribbean beachfront in San Juan's most prestigious Condado district, La Concha is an icon of modernist architecture replete with spacious exhilarating decor and detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Marriott, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Concha Hotel Renaissance
- Renaissance San Juan
- San Juan Renaissance