“My favorite San Juan (Condado) place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1077 Ashford Avenue, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
Naughty or Nice Package
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
“My favorite San Juan (Condado) place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I love this hotel although it is now very pricy. They have a great beach with crazy waves where you can body surf. The lifeguard there Peter rents boards for the day for $10 each and it is well worth it. Also the beach chairs are new. The undertide is nasty though. They have a beach side small endless pool which is great if you just want to soak and refresh and have a beach view still. They also have a much bigger two level eated pool on their property which is worth a day at the spa. They serve great drinks also on the patio and good food (expensive though). The rooms are beautiful, specilly if you are lucky enough to get an ocean view one. The lobby bar is pretty futuristic and clean looking. Love this place so much!

Room Tip: If you can afford to stay here this is where to go!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,455)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay in this hotel due to was closed to the airport. Since we know how is the traffic there we didn't want to rush our last day to the airport from the south of the island. We stayed in this hotel to be relax before going home since the main reason we went was for the lost of my husband father. For my surprised the first person at the Valet parking was very pleasant and attentive. He was so funny and caring too. He explained us the difference between valet parking and regular fees parking and definetly valet parking was better. Then he took us to the checking desk and wait for us. (Something that I found interesting.)The lady at the desk was very nice. We stayed in a ocean view which was beautiful! The lobby is beautiful very modern style same as the room. The room was clean and excellent. I love,love the pool area with the sounds of coqui and romantic spanish old music. The pool area also has this beautiful and comfortable private place. There is a nice place at the pool where you can buy drink without going to the bar at the lobby. There is also server that can help you. The casino was fun also! The hotel has good security. The beach area is also beautiful as always. In this hotel the staff make me feel very good. They can tell you where to eat and how to get there. We know PR but a lot of think changed there.The only comment that I have is ladies you need your blow dry because I did not see any in our room. No complain at all about this hotel. The staff and the hotel is excellent in every way! I will stayed in this hotel again.. Also if you want to eat a good mofongo with seafood go to the restaurant called "Cafe del Angel" across the street. You will loved it!! The people there are very friendly also.

Room Tip: Ocean view is very nice! Especially at night for couple! :)
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

La Concha has a great location and is a wonderful resort. There is a private beach behind the hotels, and there are several heated pools on the property. Several restaurants to choose from. Our room was clean and comfortable.

The most outstanding part of La Concha is the staff - they are the friendliest of any place I've ever stayed. Every single person greeted us with big smiles and hellos. We especially loved Felix, who coordinated the valets and taxi services in front of the hotel. The staff at the concierge desk was very helpful.

We had an ocean front room, and we slept with the balcony doors open at night, to listen to the ocean. Just wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jose C, Guest Relations Manager at La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Saludos j m,

Wonderful that you had experienced the friendliness of our staff. We pride ourselves in being genuine and very very happy people. I mean, where else is it better to be employed then in a beautiful resort in Puerto Rico with excellent warm weather and sociable guests. Engaging in conversations is how we get to know you and hope you get to know us. At the end of the day we are all family and friends. I hope you can stay with us again to enjoy our facilities and make new friends. I will convey your nice words to Felix and our concierge team. Thank you.

At your service,

Jose Cepero
Director of Guest Services
La Concha Resort
jcepero@laconcharesort.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I live and work in NYC like most of you looking at this I'm sure. Trust me, this is the place you want to stay at for the perfect getaway from the City. Place is Chic, service is incredible, LaPerla restaurant is amazing, and the hotel is extremely clean. If in your budget, get the ocean front. Beach has character unlike most resorts in that it's in a cove and plenty of palm trees if you prefer shade. Main pool area has plenty of seating and restaurant that serves good food. Location is on the beach within 3 minute walk to Ferragamo, LV, and Gucci so you know what the area is like. Dinner at 1919 at the Vanderbilt hotel (the sister hotel next door) is also a must. If you don't want to hang out with 22 year-olds then stay here. If you want that, then stay at the Marriot in san juan.

Cons:
Pool was way to warm.
Breakfast buffet service is not great.

Room Tip: Ocean Front
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spent two nights here- Saturday and Sunday. I checked-in late and was given an ocean front room. (I was expecting a glass of champagne upon arrival- when I asked- a front desk gentleman stated, " When was the last time you stayed here" I replied 2008 he said oh yeah... we stopped doing that a long time ago. I really didn't appreciate his carefree attitude. I really don't understand people who work in customer service- do they really need to be taught that the method of delivery and how you frame it- can really make a difference? Well- I keep telling myself you can't fix stupidity and ignorance. The view was very nice- but the room was literally the size of my closet. The hotel was renovated I believe in 2007 and it looks rather aged. The carpet is coming up, the furniture looks dated, the bed was HORRIBLE- not comfortable at all- the Mattress needs replacement STAT! The bathroom is small- the Aveda bath products aren't even worth using- they are the size of mini tobacco bottles you receive from room service. The shower had mold all over it. Why can't housekeeping take a bottle of bleach to it? Oh and housekeeping- they didn't even attempt to clean my room until 5 PM? The phone in my room didn't work, nor the safe. The beach is nice- but the beach chairs are dirty, old and falling apart. The pools are nice but too small. I wouldn't be this negative or could possible overlook the short-falls if the hotel was not $300 plus a night. Anyone who is planning on staying here and are expecting a first class experience- I would try another hotel. Yes the location and the beach are great but it stops there!
Oh and if you're an elite member with Ritz or Marriott- don't expect a complimentary late check-out! They don't really care- I was told 2PM- then my partner was told 1 PM and when I called down from my cell phone as my room phone was broken- the woman said 12:45- really? get your communication together!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jose C, Guest Relations Manager at La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Saludos BCMSW06,

Thank you for your review and letting us know your experience. It is at times like these that we scrutinize every observation to make the necessary changes to improve. By no means would we stay satisfied with half level service. Our goal is to be the best in the Caribbean and to go above your expectations. We do invite everyone to express their experience, good or non satisfactory, for through the voice of our guest is where we change or modify to your needs and requests.
BCMSW06, I greatly apologize for your inconveniences and for not providing an excellent stay and I ask to please contact me at your convenience. I would like to look into the details of your time with us definitely make it up to you.

At your service,

Jose Cepero
Director of Guest Services
La Concha Resort
jcepero@laconcharesort.com
787-602-6121
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was our third stay at La Concha, and I can't wait to return. We stayed in the new section of the hotel with a jacuzzi on our balcony - it was heaven. Carlos, Coral, Rebecca, Rogelio and Hector made sure our every need for food and drink was met both on the beach and bar-side at Solera. It's a great location with multiple fabulous restaurants within a 10-15 minute walk. Pools are gorgeous, beach is clean and people-watching is awesome.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite, which was very roomy for two people.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Got a killer deal on this hotel through Hotels.com. Wasn't sure what to expect, but very pleasantly surprised by the suite-style room! Very comfortable, modern, clean, spacious. A club scene in the lobby on a weekend night, but easy access to everything in the area. Note, it's a busy, big property, but you can choose to hang with that or retreat to your room. Would visit again, just wouldn't pay full price.

Room Tip: Hotels.com!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel? Share your experiences!