“Great hotel, but perhaps a bit too popular” 4 of 5 stars

La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1077 Ashford Avenue, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #6 of 46 hotels in San Juan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel, but perhaps a bit too popular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked a room for the weekend at La Concha at the last minute, without doing much research, and I was pleasantly surprised. Our room had an ocean view, was spotless, and had every amenity I would expect. It was also nice to have so many options for pools, depending on our mood and the location of the sun. My only complaint is not really something that can be fixed - it was just so busy from about 11am through the evening, I got a bit claustrophobic. I guess I prefer my vacation hotels to be less crowded and more peaceful, so it was good that I woke up relatively early each morning and got some good pool time in before the crowds descended. If it weren't for the feeling that the hotel was about at capacity, I would have given it at least another 1/2 star.

Room Tip: We were on the ocean side which meant good views, but also I think the rooms were a bit quieter. I h...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

3,842 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,255)
Chicago IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My Wife and I recently honeymooned for 4 nights in Puerto Rico at the La Concha Resort in Condado. If you visit Puerto Rico this resort has the perfect location...you are literally 10-15min away from everything in all directions. The La Concha is a modern setting (I recommend the Jr. or King Suites on the highest floor); it is by far in the safest and trendiest area. From Felix who greets you curbside upon arrival, to Luis at the front desk who made our stay care-free the La Concha Resort gave us the best of both worlds! The King Suite was spacious and immaculate, the ocean view was breath-taking, the infinity pools are well maintained, the beach located right in back of the resort was beautiful and clean, the resort staff was attentive, the PR Experience package was a plus! You can taxi to Old San Juan for about $15 or pick up the 53 or 21 bus right in front of the resort to Old San Juan for .50 cent pp each way. The food and drinks were very good and the prices are reasonable...even though I felt the rates are comparable, watch out for the $200 resort fee in addition to the cost of the stay in addition to the incidental fee ( which I had waived). All in all this is a home run...will have a hard-time staying anywhere else in Puerto Rico. This resort is not for the prudish! Looking for a safe, hip, chic, happening resort where you can can still relax and unwind....The La Concha Resort is the place in Condado, San Juan, Puerto Rico!!!!

Room Tip: For a breath-taking view choose a Junior or King Suite Ocean View floors 8-11!
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is the second time I have stay in la concha overnight to go on a cruise. Great service and very friendly. Easy assess to shops and food. Easy to get there from airport and to cruise ship. They stored our baggage while we had lunch. Getting a taxi was no problem.

Conneticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were blown away by the great cocktails and service we had by the pool. Hellen took care of us, what an authentic and pleasant girl. Since I’m a chocolate lover I asked her for a good chocolate cocktail. She recommended a chocolate martini... BEST COCKTAIL I EVER HAD!! My props to the bartender! It was not what I was expecting because it was a clear martini… I even hesitate to believe it was chocolate flavored, but it was awesome. My husband and friends also loved their drinks and the hotel… We stayed at the Marriot San Juan, but next time we visit Puerto Rico.. We’ll definitely stay at La Concha Resort!!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My now fiancé planned a trip to La Concha this past January. Immediately when we arrived, we knew this was the hotel for us. The staff were welcoming and warm, the decor was contemporary and tropical.
The pool and lobby had a great resort feel and the food was impressive even at the pool bar. The real standout of our trip was the concierge, Frankie. He assisted my now fiancé's plan for a proposal on his free time. He made our trip and we will always remember this special event in our lives due to how great Frankie and the hotel was in making sure we had an exceptional experience.

• Stayed January 2013
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We checked in on a Friday night and got dressed for dinner. We were looking forward to the live music in our tropical hotel. After all, we were in Puerto Rico right! Wrong! We endured the techno music over a cocktail and the place was empty so we were not the only ones suffering through this Jersey Shore fist pumping noise. When I asked the DJ if he could play some tropical music, we said that it was "not his thing". He looked me in in the eye and said, no salsa here-this is a city like any other. When I asked him where we could hear some tropical music, he said we would have to go to "the country". The next day we found out their sister property a few doors over has live Latin music at night and salsa lessons by the pool so we checked out and moved to the Marriott San Juan. They had a lot of action in the lobby and and a beautiful pool area and beach front. So if you are looking for a tropical destination, either stay at the Marriott or go to Miami!

Room Tip: Ocean front is best and not in ear shot of techno music.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

It's was our first stay at La Concha and we loved it! The hotel is very modern and we will definitely stay there on our next trip to San Juan. As soon as we stepped out of the taxi we were warmly greeted by Felix Perez. He was very helpful throughout our stay at the hotel. We stayed in a 1bedroom suite in the suite tower and it was perfect for us. The view is great on the 8th and room was great. Bathroom is very nice with a jacuzzi bathtub and bed was very comfortable. We had tvs in the bedroom and living room. The kitchenette was great as well. We loved having buffet breakfast every morning, particularly the omelette/pancake station. All the staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall a great hotel!

Room Tip: For family, the rooms in the suite tower are better. We looked at different options and my wife, 2...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel? Share your experiences!