“Amazing service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Campbell River, Canada
“Amazing service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My room was fabulous and the view was excellent. The staff were all very accomodating, helpfull and friendly.

Not a lot of pool area especially in the sun at this time of year anyway. Not the best beach but still decent.

Room Tip: Walgreens is a 5 min walk away. Not sure if there are better oceanview rooms but my room on the we...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

3,919 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,282)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Have stayed in this hotel several times and found it relaxing, fun and comfortable. The only down side to it is that there is a noisy road in front of the hotel and all the room doors point to that street. In the 1950's when it was built they did not have the ultra noisy stereos and cars with no exhaust mufflers so the design was fine. today they need to come up with sound proofing for the doors.
Thursday night in the lobby is a blast--Nightclub night!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Western Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

La Concha is a solid 4 star hotel in San Juan. A positive "pretty good" sums up every aspect of the hotel. A convenient 15 minutes from the airport, and right on the beach, it's a good location. Staff levels were very good, and the staff were very friendly. Food and drinks were good. The beach was good, and the water warm, but not clear, and had plenty of weeds kicked up from the waves. Waves were just right - enough to body surf, but easy to swim in. The beach is protected by reef, so easy swimming and warm. Overall the hotel has more of a euro feel - which I think is good - lots of white marble, etc. Rooms were modern and clean. The only downside for me was that there was street noise - even on the 9th floor. I didn't want to leave the sliding door open to the ocean because there was no screen, and I was concerned about bugs from the beach. I did spend a day with collegues at Caja de Muertos - which was beautiful and incredibly relaxing. I would definitely return to this hotel, and use it as a base for a personal trip in the future. Speaking of which, when people ask me if I would go back to PR, my response is it would be a great guy's trip location, but no wow factor for a romantic trip.

Room Tip: Choose the higest floor possible for the least street noise.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel was not for me but I recognize that, depending on what one is looking for, it could be a good choice for others. The public areas of the hotel had neon lights and a sort of Vegas feel which is not what I expected or wanted. That said, the guest rooms were modern, clean and comfortable with a great ocean view (but no balcony which sort of surprised me). My room seemed to be missing a dresser as there were no drawers for my clothes, the wifi was at times spotty and the on demand movie system wasn't working. The service at the hotel was excellent, including room service which was very reliable -- something which I really appreciate. I was there on a short business trip so didn't have the opportunity to spend time at the pool or the beach.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

After reading tons of amazing reviews on La Concha, I had pretty high expectations for my pre cruise stay. Unfortunately, the hotel disappointed at almost every turn. The service was fine, but nothing great.

We paid to have a one bedroom suite in the Ocean Tower. The 'queen' size beds could barely qualify as such, and do not fit two adults. The beds are hard as a rock and our linens were dirty. If you are going to pay to be in this tower, might as well spend a few dollars more for an ocean view. The city view has you looking at a parking lot and garbage with some mountains in the distance.

The pools are small but fine and the beach in this area is just eh. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend this hotel to others. There are so many choices.

• Stayed December 2012
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've been to La Concha on past business trips, this time around I didn't enjoy it. Rooms are big, maybe good for a family, but i was facing the street in front of the hotel it was loud, people screaming at all hours of the night. Food on the property is just ridiculous. I had a cafe Latte at the Lobby bar and they Charged my $5.50. Staff is very friendly and there is a party atmosphere in the main lobby. Might work well with some people. Also finished my 3 night stay with tick sized bites on my legs...

the staff are friendly, but unresponsive. waited almost 30 min to replace the Iron which was defective. The few times I dialed the front test, on time they didn't even answer.

On the good side... The internet was free.

As a business traveler, I wouldn't recommend this Hotel, there are other Hotels in the Area better suited.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room on the Pool side of the property.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rafael02, General Manager at La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies as the outdoor noise was a discomfort during your stay. As we respond to our guests concerns, we are excited to share with you that we began installing a noise reduction double-sided balcony glass door to all the Suites facing the Ashford Avenue.
We appreciate your additional comments and observations of which we will share with our management team.
I would like to welcome the opportunity to have you give us another chance to provide you with the genuine care and commitment we are known for.

I look forward to personally meet you in the near future and welcome you to La Concha for an unforgettable experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me to assist you with any arrangements you may inquire.

Saludos,

Luis R. Rivera
lrivera@laconcharesort.com
Hillsboro Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We travelled to San Juan over Thanksgiving 2012 for seven days. Our suite, thanks to Orlando, Hotel Manager, was perfect. High floor corner suite. Clean, spacious and up-to-date. Our Thanksgivng evening was spent at their top notch restaurant, Perla, exquisite. Unfortunately the food in the various remaining restaurants was truly forgettable. But with that said, I find the food in Puerto Rico very poor at best, including The Intercontinental. The grounds of La Cocha are lovely, as was the beach. The staff on every level really try to make you feel that you are on a vacation. We would consider coming back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel? Share your experiences!