“Beautiful suite, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Naughty or Nice Package
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Virginia
“Beautiful suite, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very impressed with La Concha. EVERY member of the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, which is evident as soon as you walk in the chic 50s Modernist lobby, with red chairs and lots of glass and a bustling bar right in the middle. It opens to a lushly landscaped pool.

My 1BR king in the suites tower was perfect: Balcony with table and two chairs overlooking the ocean. Even with the patio door closed at night, I could hear the soothing waves. The bed and linens were the most comfortable I've ever experienced in a hotel. Two TVs, functional (maybe a little dark) living/dining/kitchen area, large and nicely appointed bathroom. In-room safe and large closet.

Very minor downsides were the slow elevator service (only two for this building, so I took the stairs to/from the 7th floor and got points for exercise) and the desk the had small dark spots in the blonde wood. Seriously, those are two small issues.

The beach is part of a small public park with many palm trees and is right near a stone jetty which keeps the water a little calmer. Plenty of beach chaises and umbrellas with beach bar service. Beaches in Puerto Rico are public, but plenty of room all around. There are several lovely pools but I did not swim in them. The large pool off the lobby is surrounded by gardens and cushioned couches and tables/umbrellas for patio cafe service.

My son was staying with his college team down the street at the Conrad Hotel, and from what I could tell, I'm really glad we chose La Concha.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,444)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had the most wonderful wedding at La Concha on November 11, 2012. We could not have asked for a more beautiful location -- and with such exceptional service. My husband and I are in NYC and organized everything via email and phone calls with Jessica Rivera and Luz Gonzales-- every detail was exactly what we wanted and much, much more. The team at La Concha made everything so easy and was so prompt with all communication.
La Concha is so beautiful, but also has a very relaxed atmosphere, which we really loved. The food was amazing, the pools and rooms beautiful and the service outstanding.
Our ceremony and reception would never have been what it was without the following people at La Concha- everyone was so kind, professional and organized. We cannot thank them enough for everything.
- Jessica Rivera
- Luz Gonzalez
- Johanna Colon
- George Rivera
- Javier Medina
- Jorge Padille
- Glenda
- Juan Hernandez

Thank you for everything! We will never forget this special day.
Gina and Yoann

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel is lovely, the rooms are spacious and the view of the ocean is spectacular. The staff is friendly and helpful, particular thanks to our servers at the main pool: Carlos and Ricardo. Also to our bartender Jonathan at the main lobby bar! The restaurants are excellent and provide options for healthy dining. The location affords you the opportunity to walk to many excellent restaurants and shops. It is convenient to Old San Juan and the airport. Our only criticism was the lack of a in house spa.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view and a balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Much thanks to Héctor Torres for making mine and my wife's experience exceptional while eating dinner in Solera at La Concha. He made great recommendations on food and was very friendly. The food was of great quality and the drinks were equally as good. We appreciated the helpful and friendly staff and will definitely return to Solera on our next trip to PR!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is right on the beach - exactly what I was looking for since I was only there for 3 days. The concierge staff was so helpful! I didnt need to do any thinking or planning. Every place Frankie referred us to was well worth our time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We had an amazing time relaxing at the hotel... So many different "zones" from beach, to the pools to the hot tub. However, our highlight was Carlos Alverez, waiter upstairs. He hooked us up with great drinks, awesome island recommendations, and overall great ambassador for the hotel. Thanks guys!

Bethany Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My family stayed at La Concha Renaissance Hotel In San Juan PR for 5 days.
There are not adjectives to describe this hotel and its staff. The most professional, courteous, happy, alive, vibrant staff at this Hotel! We are Diamond members at Hilton Hotels and this stay at La Concha was unsurpassed by any other resort spot we have visited in the States.
Starting with Mr George im not sure where he manages, however. He and his staff merit one page of accolades. I got hurt while at hotel, my fault not theirs and Mr George and his staff were exceptional in the details, they were conscious of always asking how I was after the incident and.. they he even sent one of his guys to the ER room to give me one of their superplush delish bathrobes so I didn't have to be cold in there while I got treatd! I was floored by this thoughtful gesture.
The next day the staff had heard about me (im embarrassed) and were always asking if they could do anything else!.
The Restaurants were decadent especially the one that looks like a giant shell. Our waitress was ON POINT ExCELLENT!!
My family was so happy there. The pools were crystal clear. The staff waiting nearby also awesome!
At the concierge desk I believe his name was Victor! Impressed by his knowledge his charismatic way of selling promoting the island.
Super fantastic. Book with them you will be treated like royalty!! Rooms are chic clean roomy.
Definitely staying there again. next time facing the ocean!

Room Tip: ocean front is where is at! corner suits with mini kitchen are perfect for longer stay like we had
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel? Share your experiences!