“Our destination wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Our destination wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We just got back from our destination wedding in Puerto Rico, and stayed at La Concha. Many of our friends have traveled to PR before, and we have all stayed at different hotels (Ritz, Marriott Stellaris, El San Juan), and although all have been wonderful, all our guests loved La Concha. It is truly a beautiful resort, and the atmosphere is great. It also has something for everyone, pools in the shade and in the sun, ocean, indoor and outdoor bars, different restaurants, gym, etc. Although we didn't have our actual wedding at the hotel, we had a welcome dinner at Solera, and it was wonderful (the staff and Johanna, the manager set everything up beautifully). We loved that at night, you didn't have to go far, and there was music in the lobby, and a big casino. The food was great, and so were all the drinks (especially the mojitos). My husband and I stayed in the spa suite, which was gorgeous, with a huge balcony facing the ocean. Many of our guests stayed in different rooms, and were very happy (although we heard that the noise was a little loud from the city view rooms). We can't wait to go back next year, and without doubt, we will be staying at La Concha.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms ending with "80" had a huge L shaped balcone with ocean, pool, and city r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

4,009 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,321)
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a four day stay at the La Concha in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We were there for a wedding and I have to say that the entire hotel staff did a first rate job in making the wedding a wonderfully memorable event for our family. The hotel staff is extremely courteous and very responsive. The food is exceptional and the bar is very lively at night! The health club/gym facilities are first class, as are the rooms. Regarding the rooms, we had a junior suite in the newer Ocean Tower and it is a far nicer part of the hotel to stay in. Book the new tower if you can get it. The entire resort has a very nice and relaxed air about it. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Request the newer Ocean Tower and spring for the ocean front or partial ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ponce, null, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I arrived for our honeymoon and upon the receptionist hearing this, our suite got upgraded to an ocean view suite. Later that evening, the management sent us a gift, it was a champagne. We were very pleased. The surroundings are beautiful, the lobby is always busy with the nightlife and the service was always friendly and excellent. We would definitely visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Middletown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My mom and I spent 4 nights at this resort Nov 6-Nov 10 2012. Everything was perfect from the friendliness of the whole staff, to the housekeeping, the beach, 4 pools, casino and cleanliness of the entire property. It is located in a good area and within walking distance to 2 other Marriott Hotels/Casinos. I would recommend to all. The Front Office Manager, Orlando Hernandez was especially accomodating in honoring our request for late checkout, not too mention tall and handsome. Great Stay in Puerto Rico!

Room Tip: I would ask for an ocean view as we were on the 6th floor and it was a little noisy at 2am with a st...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was an easy long weekend trip to Puerto Rico. La Concha was short ride from airport. On our arrival we were greeted by the vivacious and friendly Felix Perez setting the tone for our trip. There are multiple pools including one kid-free pool. Everyone was friendly. Joehnelle was a fabulous waitress at the pools. Recommend the White Lace drink.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a lovely resort in the Caribbean, with a nice little private beach. We stayed there for business, which was less appropriate. Rooms all have a great ocean view. Apart from having to watch people lying on the beach all day, while having to work ;-), the Internet connection wasn't great, and despite repeated efforts from various staff members to help, this could not be solved. Staff is incredibly nice and friendly, makes up for the service not always being efficient. All in all, a great place to go for a holiday, I think!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This property is one of Marriott's brands, and in my many travels I have found Marriott properties to be exceptional when it comes to service. This was no exception. Every time in every way the personnel at LaConcha were friendly and eager to please.

On this visit, I cashed in Marriott Reward points for a two night stay. When I walked into the hotel's lobby, I was immediately impressed by the expansiveness and inviting contemporary decor. It was "mucho frio" from the air conditioning which was delightful since the day outside was hot and muggy. I paid a nominal fee for a room upgrade to face the sea. It was an excellent investment. The "wall" facing the water was an expanse of glass, providing an incredible view, and the top was a huge window that could be slid open to allow a billow of ocean breeze into your room. It was heaven just to lie on the bed and gaze out over the water.

The step-in shower had both hand-held and rainshower sprayers. I LOVED the blue Halogen lights that illuminated the shower area for ambiance or for lighting at night. Very romantic. The large closet had two, opaque sliding glass doors and contained a safe within. The closet was well-illuminated inside: a first, that I can remember - lights in the closet - from my many stays in hotels.

Three pools to choose from - one was adult only. Great beach access. Valet parking ($20/day) was top notch - well worth the slightly extra expense when you consider self-parking is $15/day (sorry to say, parking charges appear to be par for the course for most of the hotels in the city of San Juan).

I had the delight of staying on the first Sunday of the month and visiting a large farmer's market that sets-up right next door in the park next to LaConcha. I grabbed one of the fresh fruit smoothies served in a pineapple-hull, bought home-made cheese and fresh bread, and headed right back up to my room where I could recline and stare at the beautiful ocean waves and kite surfers in the distance.

I did not want to leave this place. Please take me back. Soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Concha Resort: A Renaissance Hotel? Share your experiences!