“Quaint and cozy hotel! I will stay there again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cervantes

You added Cervantes to your Saves list
Cervantes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Recinto Sur #329 | Old San Juan, San Juan 00901, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in San Juan
Phoenix
“Quaint and cozy hotel! I will stay there again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

On our last night in San Juan, my partner and I decided to stay at The Chateau Cervantes in Old San Juan so that we could have one night to take in the flavor of that part of the city. I was beyond impressed! We stayed in a Jr. Suite (4th floor, Room#6) and it was very very nice! I will always request that room! It was cozy, and in a great location to many local restaurants and bars........walking distance to literally everything in Old San Juan! Christina and Carla who manage the front desk were absolutely wonderful! Unfortunately the restaurant in the hotel was closed for the summer season, so we couldn't try it, but it was beautiful! We're planning a cruise leaving from San Juan next year, and we will DEFINITELY be staying at the Chateau Cervantes either before departing or on our return. This hotel is literally a couple of blocks from the cruise terminal. For a relaxing drink, check out Carli's (walking distance) on the street level of the Banco Popular building....it's a beautiful little jazz bistro, and had delicious fritters and mojitos there! Also try the Parrot Club, a great Puerto Rican restaurant a couple of blocks away!

Room Tip: Jr. suite, 4th floor, Room #6..........with a balcony overlooking the street. You won't be dis...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Panza resturant located in the Cervantes hotel in Old San Juan was a culinary homerun! My girlfriend and I ate there on Saturday night July 21, 2012. Chef Jose Rosa is in total control of his art. Classic Puerto Rican cuisine with an international flare. Try the Paella or the Trifungo- Wow! If you are looking for a perfect meal-this is it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
CervantesprGM, Front Office Manager at Cervantes, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write to us. We are more than proud to know that your experience was satisfying. Our goal in Panza is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations.

Again, Thank You and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

If its anything that I can assist you dont hesitate to contact me directly at 787-724-7722

Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Excellent hotel. Everything was amazing, the price, the service, the breakfast, location, and very clean. Recommended!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Again, Thank You and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Cervantes for our honeymoon in November 2011. Unfortunately, as soon as we arrived, we were told the hotel's air conditioning was broken and phones were out. Disappointing for the first night on a honeymoon we were kind of splurging on, and when it was hot and humid out, but we were told it would be fixed by the next day - not to worry, they had upgraded us. The upgrade was into a very nice looking suite, however without the air conditioning we had to keep the doors open, which opened to what may possibly be the loudest street emptying into the heart of Old San Juan and across from 2 noisy parking garages - I'm not sure it got quiet during any point of the evenings. Our suite bar sink did not work and our bathroom sink only ran scalding hot water. When we asked for a fan - we were given a broken one, that did not even have a front cover, yes - blades exposed and all. After the third night, we explained to hotel staff we were going to find other accommodations and they assured us, by the time we got back that day, the AC would be fixed. Not so, we came back to still broken AC and when asking for a bucket of ice to bring to our room to chill our wine - we waited 45 minutes for the ice. We went down to the bar, and even though the bartender was super nice - he was unfamiliar with what ginger ale was. Likewise other staff, while incredibly nice and pleasant were not helpful with locations for a local art festival, and not knowledgeable about local transportation and car rental options, which we had to research and find on our own. By the time it was our third night, it was too late to find another location for our last night there and we asked for some sort of refund instead. We were told it would be looked into. I called several times after our departure, inquiring about a refund, never got an answer and my call was never even returned. We were not even compensated by a drink at the bar. While the place appears beautiful an was very clean, it is not well managed and the staff is inexperienced and seemed willing to say whatever they had to to keep their business. We are pretty laid back folks, and unfortunately our opportunity to splurge a little became a total let down when we arrived at Cervantes.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition,we want to let you know that the hotel is under a new management and your comments and issues will be addressed

If its anything that we can assist you dont hesitate to contact us inmediatley @ reservations@cervantespr.com or 787.724.7722
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel is a good choice in Old San Juan. I visit PR regularly and this is a new favorite. It's conveniently located across the street from 2 parking garages on the south east edge of town and is very close to the south east area restaurants (Plaza Colon, Calle Fortaleza). My room was on the back side of the building (facing Calle Tetuan, not Calle Recinto Sur), which is a relatively quiet street for Old San Juan. I am a light sleeper so wore earplugs anyway (which are insufficient at some other locations... ie, Da'House Hotel). The room is very tastefully decorated and comfortable. The a/c fan isn't obnoxiously loud. There is a nice little balcony. The shower has good water pressure and a rain head. Hairdryer good too. Comfy bed. The price is reasonable for Old San Juan. A word of caution, all hotels in San Juan area either charge a $25 "resort fee" or a $25 "location fee" that is not included in any advertised price. This is not the fault of this hotel. It is a Puerto Rico thing. Yes, it sucks, but that's what it is. Breakfast was not up to snuff. It was continental. Ok, fine, but they served me a plate of small bites of sweet pastries with butter and jam. Um, no. I don't do sweet stuff for breakfast except fruit (there was no fruit). The coffee was good as was the orange juice. I had the beverages and returned the food untouched (politely) then went to nearby Caficultura for oatmeal with fruit and another coffee (A+). The hotel staff was professional and mostly very nice. The young woman I checked in with was polite and professional but cold and unfriendly. Another young woman who served breakfast was very sweet and friendly, though.

Room Tip: Get one on the back (north) side (facing Calle Tetuan). Rooms 11 and 12 on 3rd floor, for example.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

For only 1 night in Viejo San Juan, this hotel is quaint and in the middle of it all. My grandma and I stayed at Cervantes the night we arrived on the island before meeting up with the rest of our family the next day.
We were glad to have a nice place to stay that was only a $23 ride from the airport. After checking in, dropping off our luggage and changing into something suitable for dinner, the hotel staff were able to recommend a delicious spot to grab something to eat.
The room was smaller than I expected, considering the price of the room but we only needed it for one night and all we did was sleep. The shower was refreshing and clean. The hotel is on a busy street and after a long day of traveling all I wanted was some quiet. Unfortunately, there was lots of noise throughout the night which made it difficult to embark on my slumber and I did wake up a few times.
Carlos, the waiter in the hotel restaurant, treated us during a contintental breakfast the following morning. We devoured delicious sweet breads, pastries and cafe con leche. After walking through the plaza, we came back to the restaurant for lunch. The presentation was immaculate; gorgeous flowers and classy table settings. We enjoyed fresh, home made bread, a fresh salad and a dessert including basil ice cream. Carlos was friendly, attentive and a valuable resource of the island.
A week later, we stopped through Viejo San Juan one more time to get lunch before heading back to the airport. I ran into Carlos who remembered my Grandma and I and was able to recommend another spot-on restaurant for my last lunch on the island.

Room Tip: Request a room off the street to avoid noisy late nighters.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I had the privilege of staying there this past May 20th and 21st. Our room was very roomy, very clean, and the bathroom was excellent. There was plenty of hot water and the continental breakfast was also very good. I also would like to give special recognition to a couple of hotel employees that were simply wonderful towards us: Yuri and Jummilys. These ladies were most helpful in answering our numerous questions and always offered a kind smile. In fact if they lived in Texas I would offer them jobs with my company.

Room Tip: Good location but be prepared for some outside noise since some rooms are on the street side of the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write to us. We are more than proud to know that your experience was satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as yours. Our staff is trained to provide the best service and is a pleasure to read such positive comments from our members.

Again, Thank You and it would be a pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Albania Caamaño

Been to Cervantes? Share your experiences!