“Good location for business travellers and tourists as well” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Good location for business travellers and tourists as well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed in this hotel a few times this year. All of my interests are close by and I can avoid traffic in the mornings. Close to the lagoon of Condado, it offers a really nice alternative to exercising in a hotel gym.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a great hotel, is clean, the staff is helpful specially front desk employees. They seem to love working there. The hotel is located in a nice safe area. Would stay again there, geat experience!!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Cheney, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My first night was in that 2nd floor room, so I asked for a different room, and for the remaining three nights I was in a great room on the 11th floor with a view of the bay. Absolutely everyone was wonderful--very accommodating and very helpful and truly competent. The people of Puerto Rico are very warm and friendly, and I love just being in their homeland and basking in their ways of living. I was there on business and was treated royally, especially in the restaurant where I had both dinner and breakfast. The employees speak excellent English and do care about the guests. I would stay there again if the occasion arose.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CYGMSJUMR, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear yogasensei:

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay in Puerto Rico with us. Our staff strives to provide excellent service to all guests, and I am glad that your experience speaks wonders of our staff and of our people in Puerto Rico.

We look forward to having you with us once more and to serve you again.

Mayaguez, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Courtyard Miramar offers a great location with easy access to the any points within the San Juan Metro area. Staff is very professional and the breakfast at the Bistro downstairs is excellent. Isla Grande Airport is five minutes away while San Juan International is about a 10 min drive.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel due to a conference hotel being booked, so I did not expect much. As soon as I checked in I was pleased by their customer service. They have a small restaurant that also had wonderful staff, especially on a morning when I had to eat & pay in 15 minutes. The hotel is located walking distance from the convention center as well as north shore beaches.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Loved the lobby, and I also loved the Papillion Restaurant (esp. the mousse!!). But they insist on a $150 security deposit per night: be forewarned. Also, I got no cold water in my sink and the TV went off the last night I was there. Nothing was done about this.

Dear Brian L:

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that the look and feel of the lobby were up to your expectations. Our housekeeping staff works really hard to provide an excellent ambience and atmosphere in all areas of our hotel, including the lobby. On the other hand, I am glad that your experience in Papillon was a wonderful one.

As far as your concerns, I truly apologize for any lack of information or miscommunication by our associates in regards to the security deposit, and issues in your room. We are currently working with our associates to ensure proper action is taken.

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel for one night prior to sailing on a cruise. We booked 3 rooms for 5 of us. Our room was on the 2nd floor over looking a very ugly roof, the air conditioning vents and a glance of the pool if you strained yourself enough to see. The room was the smallest hotel room I have ever been in. Two people couldn't walk by the bed area at the same time. The bathtub was so small I don't know how an average sized adult could ever bathe in it.

The hotel offered free internet but that was about it. It was pricey enough but there was no breakfast of any kind included for that price. We went down to the lobby for coffee in the morning and there was none. They only have valet parking...there was no other option that we could see. The hotel was about 10-15 minutes from the port for the cruise ship.

The thing that really left a bad taste in my mouth is that my husband drank the two bottles of water that was located on the desk area. He didn't realize that you had to pay for them. He thought they were complimentary. They were only small bottles...the 500ml size. When we got back from the cruise there was a charge on my credit card for $12.81 for the two bottles of water. I can understand a few buck but 12.81...robbery. They should at least have a sign posted indicating that the water is an addtional cost.

If people are looking for a hotel prior to cruising, spend the extra few dollars and stay at the Sheraton in Old San Juan. Right accross the street from the port. Our other friends stayed there and it works out to be about the same when you take taxi's into consideration.

There was nothing that impressed me enough to ever make me want to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear 2monkeys:

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel. Your feedback is highly and truly appreciated and will allow us to further improve ourselves.

I am sorry to hear that the room was not up to your standards and apologize for not being able to live up to your expectations. At Courtyard brands, the breakfast is not included; we do, however, serve complimentary coffee every morning from 6:30am until 10:00am in our Business Center. As far as the Valet Parking is concerned, we offer premium value for our Valet Parking taking into consideration nearby hotels and the hotel's location. We do offer two complimentary bottles of water upon check-in. If you could get in contact with us so that we can verify what has been charged to your credit card, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you are ever back in Puerto Rico, please give us the opportunity to serve you and show you the service that our associates are capable of.

Johanna Garay

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar? Share your experiences!