“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Bang for your bucks! The overall rating for this hotel is 4. The location is great as its minutes away from Puerto Rican banking headquarters, Pavia Hospital, and other medical labs and offices. Surrounded by good restaurants and grocery stores. Fair amount of clothing stores nearby. The rooms are fairly clean and comfortable. No major frills included. Great in house restaurant and famous chef. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Canton, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Unlike other reviews, I was recognized as an Elite Marriott Rewards member with a letter from the General Manager of the hotel. Additionally, I found the fact that there were two restaurants onsite to be very convenient and the valet parking was especially helpful for someone who was visiting San Juan for the first time. For me there were two people that made this stay especially wonderful for me. Both worked at the Front Desk, Frankie was so helpful when I called the hotel at 10:35 at night after arriving at the airport, and unable to read Spanish, I was so lost. Frankie was able to determine where I was by the restaurants around me at the time of my call - he gave me very specific instructions and I was able to get to the hotel quickly. The second person was Marella, she called me by name whenever I walked into the hotel or stepped off the elevator - I was thousands of miles from home, alone on a business trip for 12 days and because of Marella, I felt like I had a friend at the hotel. While these two people stand out in my mind, all of the other people working at the hotel were very polite and made my trip very enjoyable. My husband and I are planning a personal trip to Puerto Rico and because of the excellent service and of course, Marella and Frankie, we will be staying at the Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar.

Room Tip: While the king-size bed was very comfortable, it made the room seem very small - I would recommend a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We're very disappointed that we were not able to check in early especially since we already prepaid for the room.

We were also used to getting an upgrade so being put in a room by the elevator was not that special for us, especially since we told them upon checkin that we were both Life Platinum. Of course you knew that we were not happy about this hotel location. We even explained that we had to pay $25 to get from the airport to the Isla Verde location and then $27 to get to this hotel. So getting great service was what we expected, but did not receive. Word of caution--beware of advance-purchase options for this property. The only way to cancel is by having proof of illness.

Finally upon checkout we went downstairs to get a final copy of our bill. That's when we were asked about our breakfast. Upon checkin we were never informed about breakfast that came with the room charge. We were just told of what we could not have so that's our biggest disappointment of all.

Small room with an uncomfortable bed. We were there overnight. It was the most disappointing end to a beautiful vacay from the BVI.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jahmekyah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed at this property during a recent vacation. In general, I enjoyed my stay at this property. Unlike other Courtyard Marriott hotels, this one had two restaurant onsite--one french and one high end Latin restaurant. The property is a standard Courtyard Marriott. Rooms look like any other Courtyard. Lobby is fairly modern and the staff was extremely helpful. There are no public parking on the property so you will have to park on the street or do valet parking. The property is in a location that you can walk to other restaurants and general stores. The only down side to this Courtyard is that there is no Wifi in the room. You can plug your computer up to access the Internet, but no wifi for your phone, tablet or if you are sharing the room with someone else that have a computer. Free wifi is available in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My stay at this hotel had me thinking I was in Europe or Asia, not within the United States. I am a Marriott Gold member. I was not recognized in anyway shape or form for my elite status (and my rewards number was in my reservation without question). I received a very small room. I specifically requested a room on a high floor, and was given a room on the LOWEST floor. There was NO in-room wi-fi (in the lobby only), which is something that astounds me in this day and age in a chain hotel. Needless to say, this hotel did not meet or exceed my stay in anyway shape or form. Valet parking (only option) was $15.00. Other nearby better hotels in Condado offer free parking.

To be fair, there were some positives. The pool was nice and clean and stocked with towels. The in-room shower had great pressure and temperature control, though no lotion was offered in the bathroom as an amenity. The tv was okay and got many channels.

I will not be returning to this hotel, and do not recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
CYGMSJUMR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Good evening...I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations as the elite member that you are. We greatly value your loyalty as a Marriott member and thank you for your feedback due to that it helps us to improve our services. I must note that we will have wi-fi throughout the entire property shortly :) I hope you are able to give us a second chance in the future to be able to create a more memorable experience.
I am at your service...
Neilka Valentin
Front Office Manager
Farmington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Just got back from business travel to San Juan - stayed here. It was a nice hotel, looks like they are renovating the outside quite a bit at the moment. The STAFF is what made the stay. They are absolutely some of the most friendly and helpful concierge I have come across. Walking distance to many nice spots.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the hotel staff. Although the rooms arent that great looking the staff is freaking awesome but one person in particular stuck out the most his name was Frankie and he is definitely the man. He is the definition of great customer service. I would definitely stay at this hotel and recommend it to a friend just off the customer service alone....

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar? Share your experiences!