“Great hotel, wish they would've told us about the pool.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #20 of 44 hotels in San Juan
“Great hotel, wish they would've told us about the pool.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. The people at the front desk were also very nice. The waitresses at the restaurant (Papillon) were great! They made me feel extra special on my birthday!! So, service and rooms were great. Now, to the not-so-good part: the pool was undergoing renovation; which is good that they are doing it, but we would've really appreciated it if they would've let us know beforehand about the pool. I mean, we are easygoing people and we just went to the beach and met up with some friends, so it was a pretty good experience.

• Stayed June 2013

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My annual vacation this year was to San Juan, PR. After reading all the hotel reviews, I finally made reservations at this hotel. I was not disappointed. The customer service was outstanding. The hotel was clean, smelled nice. The front desk clerk, I can't remember her name, late 30's or early 40's long black hair was very proficient in her job duties. She welcomed us to the island and the hotel. She made sure a taxi was available upon request. She provided us with travel suggestions and helpful tips. I shared a room with my best friend. The room was a double queen beds on the 6th floor, with a view of Ponce De Leon. The room was clean and acceptable to our liking. The bed was comfortable and the service staff made sure we were stocked with towels and other useful items. All and all, I'll overall stay was pleasant, my only complaint, which is minor would be the breakfast food offered at the on site restaurant. I wasn't pleased at all with the food. The eggs were powdered eggs, which has a horrible taste, however when this was brought to our waiters attention a 10% discount was deducted from our tab. I definitely would stay at this hotel again, however I'd skip breakfast at the on site restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I got a spacious room with a King size bed. Hotel was very clean, I liked the breakfast, staff was very friendly. I got a $90/night AAA rate and I thought it was a fair price for what I got. The hotel is not too far from the Condado area, so it is possible to walk, but it would be best if you have a car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night before taking an early flight to a neighboring island. Check-in was quick and the front desk clerk was very nice and friendly. Rooms were on the small side but very nice. Hotel is located in a residential area, but there were several restaurants close by. I found the area very quaint, with lots of local families and couples out and about enjoying the evening. Not close to beach, but nice overall.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was quite impressed with this hotel! It is reasonably priced, decorated very nicely, exquisitely clean, and employed with some very friendly, bilingual staff. The staff was so generous, offering itinerary options including food, activities, etc. Moreover, they even called Dominoes, asked about the specials, interpreted it to my husband and me, and then returned the call to make the order. The beds are very comfortable and roomy, even the double bed.

This hotel is in walking distance to a gas station, several local restaurants, and activities.

Room Tip: There is only one elevator in the entire hotel. I would definitely ask for a room away from the elev...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great service from staff, well located near Old San Juan, airport, pier, mall of the Americas. didn't take more tha 10-15 minute taxi ride to any of the above. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Lots of restaurants within two blocks, ranging from Subway and Papa John's to fine dining restaurants.
Bruno Z

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott in Miramar is luxurious, while being reasonably priced . The rooms are comfy and a good size, especially if you get the king-sized bed. The restaurants are what makes this place amazing. Augusto's is unbelievably delicious. Marcos (our waiter) is extremely knowledgable and personable, as is all of the staff. Our water glasses were constantly refilled. It is French fine dining at its finest. We also tried Papillon's for breakfast and it was amazing as well. On our first visit, we were sent to a local place down the street. That was a mistake. Stay and eat at Papillon's. It's fantastic. We never drove to this hotel because we didn't have a car. We took taxis from the airport ($23 one way). This made it simple, except the taxi drivers never wear their seatbelts. Taxis were always readily available. It was especially eye-opening for the kids when we drove through the gay district at 1 a.m. on our way from the airport. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar? Share your experiences!