I picked this hotel because I had a free room voucher for up to a "Category 4" Marriott hotel. This one met my needs.
I'm puzzled over the other recent reviews regarding the state of their room. Perhaps some of the rooms at this property are older and have not been rennovated, but mine on the fifth floor was certainly up-to-date with no unusual smells or noises. It was clean, and the bathroom was adequate. The bed was comfortably soft. The pool was clean, and relatively average-sized for a city hotel. I was the only one there enjoying it at the time, so it was big enough for me! Because of space limitations, the business center is fairly small, but adequate enough to check emails or print out a boarding pass. Parking is $15/day, but that's typical for the hotels here in the city proper.
I did not eat at the hotel's (upscale) restaurant, and the property is rennovating another, more casual one which is available for breakfast. I chose to walk down a couple of blocks to see what I could find, and there were several choices - including the familiar Subway. A decent, neighborhood grocery store - Pueblo - is within a block. Walk one more, and you are at a modern movie theater, "Caribbean Fine Arts Cinema" where I saw Cloud Atlas.
I was happy with this stay, considering I just needed it for the one night, and I wasn't planning on running around San Juan. If you are not renting a car and do not want to be bothered with a roundtrip taxi fare of $30 to see Old ("Viejo") San Juan, then this hotel would probably meet your needs. If you might be a cruise ship passenger and want to get the most out of your vacation, my recommendation is to stay at the Sheraton in Old San Juan as it's almost right across from the cruise ship terminal, and you can walk throughout Old San Juan as well as take the ferry boat across the bay and hop in a taxi to the Bacardi factory ($3 per person each way) and buy a liter of rum for under $11.
Oh, and by the way, you no longer go through customs when you return to the States from San Juan. You can bring in as much liquor as your checked-in bag will store... and you have the opportunity to buy more in the airport's duty free shop for carry-on. Sweet.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Juan Miramar Hotel San Juan
- Courtyard By Marriott San Juan Miramar Hotel
- Courtyard San Juan Miramar
- Courtyard San Juan
- San Juan Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We strive for understanding our guests business and leisure needs providing them with the essential amenities that will ensure their satisfaction. Guestrooms with panoramic city and Condado Bay views that will allow our guests to be comfortable and productive at the same time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.