“Couples trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Camping, Group tours/day tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Acampa specializes in true ecological nature adventures. We offer different services for all levels. Our friendly staff is well educated with vast knowledge about Puerto Rico. Our tours and adventures are done in small groups for a more personal experience. Please visit our website for a full description of our adventures and tours.
Houston, Texas, United States
“Couples trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was so much fun. Reynaldo and Josue were very knowledgable.the zip lines were easy to use, and fun. I felt safe the entire time. I enjoyed climbing upstream.

Cedar City, Utah
4 attraction reviews
“Great day, tour and guides. Who can ask for more?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This tour was recommended to us by a co-worker who took the tour 6 months earlier. We decided to take our whole family (6 of us). The day started early as we found our way into San Juan and parked at Plaza Las America Mall for a 7AM departure. Our guides, Raymond and Josue were so hospitable and told us all about Puerto Rico along the entire trip (it is a long drive).

The excitement for the day began right away. It was clear that Raymond and Josue cared about what they do and took pains to make sure we were properly equipped and comfortable.

Raymond kept the information about the Forest flowing as we walked along the trails and streams. My daughter fell in love with the trip with the first 12' crystal clear pool dive followed by a challenging rock climb.

I could go on about the fun zip lines, rain forest trees, climb, streams, guides and of course the food at the end of the trip. We felt like our guides were family as well as the others on our tour. The trip was challenging but no so strenuous as to discourage someone who wasn't super fit. I think the proof of the quality of the tour came when our youngest did the zip line and the rappelling. He doesn't take to new adventures well and Puerto Rico was a huge stretch let alone the rope work on this day trip. Raymond and Josue were so patient, calm and caring as they coached him through the trials that I know were pushing him to his limit. Heck, I think I was the nervous one.

Don't do the 1/2 day, do the whole day trip. While it was an expensive day for my whole family, it was the highlight of the trip. Great memories.

Thanks, Raymond and Josue.

John Harris and clan - Southern Utah

Visited December 2012
Dover, New Hampshire
“Amazing tour of the rain forest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Reynard was our guide and he was a terrific guide through the rain forest. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, and enthusiastic about making sure we had a good time! The tour was professionally done and our visit to the water fall was quite memorable. LOL I was the first one one into the water and under the falls and that feeling was more energizing that the many cups of coffee I had that morning :)

The only thing I would change about the tour was the lunch. We had it at a local place (Don Pepe's) and it was average, but I think that was because we were only given 4 choices of some 'so-so' dishes. Take my advice, skip the free meal and order off the main menu. The most expensive thing on there is $7-9 and the monfongo looked delicious!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I can't say enough good about our experience in the rainforest with Eduardo and Alex! Both of our guides were extremely knowledgeable about the area we were in and made sure that everything we were doing was as safe as possible. My husband and I really enjoyed getting to know them both and would highly recommend this company to others!

Visited December 2012
Reno, Nevada
“awesome awesome awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

my family and i did a half-day rainforest trip with alex, and it was absolutely amazing. very knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff. we got to experience everything that alex told us we would. the rainforest itself was beautiful. the trip overall couldn't have been a more authentic slice of the puerto rican nature. also, we had a wedding later that day and had a very specific time to be back at our hotel. alex completely kept his word and made it his top priority to get us back on time, which he did. so very pleased with the whole experience! definitely recommend acampa and will continue our service if/when we return to san juan!