“Great Property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 27 San Juan B&B and Inns
Madera, CA
“Great Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night in April 2013. We arrived back from a cruise and were flying home the next day. We stayed in a standard queen room and it was perfect. There was plenty of room with a small refrigerator. The beach was just a few blocks away; close enough for walking which we did in the morning and afternoon. We ate breakfast across the street at Kasalta; which was good. The pastries were outstanding. We also ate dinner at a small restaurant (across the street too) for steak tacos and carnitas burritos. Food was great. We will definately stay here again if we return to SJPR.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Andalucia was amazing!!! Two friends and I stayed 4 days. We traveled to San Juan to run their very first Marathon and Half Marathon. The room had everything we needed towels, dishes, coolers to take to the beach, sun block and beach towels. It was much better than a 5 star hotel. I plan on visiting San Juan again and will def stay at Andalucia again!!

Andres and Javier were very nice and helpful!! Gracias por todo!!!

-José, Nathan y Claudia

• Stayed May 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

If you don't want the glitzy Condado neighborhood, THIS is the place for you. I loved the 3 block walk to the Ocean, the staff goes out of their way to show you the true flavors of Puerto Rico. Andres and Javier were the best hosts a foreigner coming to Puerto Rico for the first time can hope for. I don't want to disclose too much info because when I return I won't have a place to stay. I love this place. Highly, highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Most of us TA users know to "weed" through certain reviews, so I was very happy to experience this hidden gem of a guesthouse. I stayed a couple of nights and really experienced the best sleep I had one this short vacation. I even came from the OSJ Sheraton. I have to say - this guesthouse was much quieter and more welcoming. The bed was very comfy! Now even their website says that if you want the hotel experience than they may not be for you. Granted their rooms aren't the Sheraton, but they are clean and comfortable. The owners really are there to help with any questions.

I really worry about writing such good reviews as then the guesthouses get so popular and become hard to book. Yet, this guys deserve the good reviews and I am happy to recommend them.

Truly a nice guesthouse just a few SHORT blocks from a fantastic beach. I plan on coming back for a few more lazy beach days.
Thanks again for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pikesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My partner and I traveled to San Juan to celebrate 19 years of togetherness. I wanted to go someplace warm, close to home, and not spend too much money! I was thrilled when David found Andalucia. I called them right away to ask questions and secure availability and I was greeted with most welcoming and friendly voice.

I could not have wanted more for my stay. he Guest house and room in which we stayed was cozy, safe, and perfect for our 5 day adventure. Every single want and need we had was attended to promptly. The staff and owners are very pleasant and accommodating. This was exactly what we wanted. We did not want to stay in high rise hotel, with pricey features, and phony smiles. We wanted personal, in the heart of San Juan, safe, private, and affordable. WE GOT THAT AND SO MUCH MORE! Memories for a lifetime! Thnx so much

I highly recommend Andalucia for a fun getaway to beautiful San Juan. Everything we needed was in walking distance too. Definitely go to Kasalta. We did every morning for coffee and snacks. PuraVida is an amazing restaurant for organic food. So healthy and so lovely!

Go! Have FUN! Relax! ENJOY! We plan to return again soon. Much joy and love to all. John & David

Room Tip: The online descriptions are very accurate. If you want huge, posh, and opulent....this is not for y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andover, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

There is no secret as to why travelers give the Andalucia high marks. It's Emeo and Estaban. You can read a 100 reviews of higher priced hotels and inns in San Juan and you repeatedly come across comments like "the person at the front desk was rude" "no one cared" etc. That won't happen here. From the moment you arrive, you will be warmly greeted and presented with helpful info to help you make the most of your trip. As others have mentioned, your hosts give you laminated maps of the surrounding neighborhood, with places to eat and the type of food they serve described for you. We loved B de Burro just down and across the street (delicious food, great people watching from the outdoor tables and the sweetest staff) and Kasalta -- also an easy stroll down McLeary, was a regular stop for coffee and eggs or pastry. Mangos also has good food and dogs are allowed in the outdoor section (but that seems the case everywhere in PR). And for dessert, the frozen yogurt place is an easy walk too and busy! We ventured up to Loiza which parallels McLeary, but we made the mistake of walking up the side street (San Miguel) across from the Andalucia and then down Loiza looking for a restaurant. Loiza is pretty sketchy. If you're trying to get to Bebo's cafe on Loiza, better to walk down McLeary (turning right out of the guest house) and up King's Court. Back to the Andalucia: they also have maps of old San Juan with suggested restaurants and will tell you how to get there (navigating the highways isn't always intuitive here) and even which parking garage is the cheapest. It's like staying with friends. When we wanted to explore the Cueva del Indio mentioned on their website -- Emeo gave us a detailed highway map, showing exactly where to go and added that Cueva Ventana was also a must see in that general direction -- boy was it ever (but those are separate reviews). When we were off to visit Escambron Beach (with the free chairs, cooler and towels our hosts provide), Emeo had us wait a moment and came back with snorkeling gear for the 3 of us. But the experience that best illustrates the genuine concern these 2 men have for their guests began on the second of our six days. We awoke to early (7am) hammering and banging seemingly right outside our door. The construction crew building an inn next door was in full swing. Staying in the junior suite at the top of the stairs, we could hear every blow of the hammer. We asked Estaban if there might be an available double room for us to move into, away from the noise, but they were booked solid. We had already paid for our stay upfront so we were resigned to early rising, which isn't too out of the ordinary for us. We didn't anticipate that our hosts would offer to refund us our money in full if we wanted to switch to another hotel. We said we'd think about it one more day. Meanwhile our hosts talked to the crew and begged a later start for the consideration of their guests; the crew obliged. We decided that we might find quieter quarters elsewhere but never the kindness and hospitality of these 2 guys. We stayed and Emeo dropped off ear plugs for us all, just in case. But the biggest surprise: as he was helping me print our boarding passes, he handed me a 10% refund on our week's stay because they felt so bad about the construction next door. We hadn't asked for it, they just did it. So why, you may wonder, is this a 4 star review and not a 5 star. the only complaint I have about our room is the pull-out sofa my daughter used; it is in dire need of replacing. And the only thing that worried my husband was the thought of coming back from a drive and not getting one of the 6 parking spots out front. It never happened but the possibility always bothered him. One more thing: If you're into people watching, Ocean Park Beach is a great way to spend a weekend day. It's a big pretty beach, but party central on the weekends (much quieter weekdays) It packs in with friends, couples, families and the most amazing paddleball players you've ever seen. Locals sell homemade sangria blanket to blanket or cold beer and other beverages. The surf was a little rough and no lifeguards but that didn't stop many people. We were more comfortable swimming at Carolina Beach ($5 with lifeguards, bathrooms, showers and food (sometimes!)

Room Tip: I would request a room on the side of the hotel rather than the front or inside off the little court...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Enjoyed warm welcome and local access to beach and restaurants and more! Owners info 4 what's nearby and transportation great; public areas comfortable with towels for beach or spa. Rooms include tv mini cooler, also have suites. Only 75cents for bus to Old San Juan! Convenient 2 block walk to Kasalta bakery/restaurant, Walgreens, and Yoga/Pilates studio on McCleary. The Ocean Park Beach is rather nice, family oriented just 2 blks away! Great local food at Cueva del mar 4 blks; 15min-25 walk to Condado shops & eateries.

• Stayed March 2013