“Inspirational Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreamcatcher Guest House

Save Saved
You added Dreamcatcher Guest House to your Saves list
Dreamcatcher Guest House
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   2009 Calle Espana | Ocean Park, San Juan 00911, Puerto Rico   |
Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 24 San Juan B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Inspirational Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Truly an amazing experience! I really cannot say enough good and honestly have nothing bad to say. The experience of staying at the Dreamcatcher house has left me refreshed, relaxed, and wholly inspired. My travelling companion and I could not stop discussing how much where we stayed had set the tone for our entire vacation. Staying with Sylvia, Meeshel, their pups, and the other guests was like staying with friends. I am already dreaming about the next time I will get to go back to the Dreamcatcher house!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My boyfriend & I loved the wonderful tranquility and aesthetic earthy tone of Slyvia's, "DreamCatcher home". Sylvia, Meeshel, Pippa, & Malda were all very friendly and warm. This amazing oasis has it all. We got to meet other curious and adventurous guests. Within the nestling Ocean Park neighborhood of San Juan; DreamCatcher is two blocks away from the beach and close to many delicious restaurants, cosy shops, and other nifty sights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Sylvia was an amazing hostess. Her home can only be described as magical. The energy of the place is serene and one can't help but feel right at home. I would come back over and over again. I have now stayed in her home four times and each time gets better. I plan to visit at least once a year for as long as I can. I look forward to meeting the different people who come and go in her place. Somehow she always has the most gracious guests. The beauty of the house itself is unreal. Every corner has a story to tell and beauty is abundant through out the entire house. I have no problem staying in and simply bumming around the house which is something I would never do if staying in a hotel. There are lots of great spots to eat and drink in the area all within walking distance. The beach it literally around the corner which makes being lazy even easier! You can literally roll out of bed and walk over to the beach to continue your R&R.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I'm SO glad I stayed at Dreamcatcher House! It was just what I needed. So peaceful, serene, relaxing. A place to be close to nature, clear your mind, revive your spirit, reflect, plan. The property is simply beautiful and located in an upscale, safe beach community. Sylvia is so wonderful and gracious. Every room of the house is enchanting. Do yourself a favor and take a pass on the big hotels this time and stay at Dreamcatcher House. You'll get a more up close and personal experience of San Juan and its people and you'll also be within minutes of the tourist areas. This is a place where you can stay up late on the porch, sipping a glass of wine, laughing and talking before you turn in for the night....then wake up late, walk into the kitchen in your bare feet and make a GOOD cup of coffee, relax in the garden and decide if you really want to take that tour or just chill. This is THAT place!

~Daphne Wilson, Chicago, IL

Room Tip: Every room of the house is different and you simply can not go wrong.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sylvia's place. She was very approachable and helpful. She reached out to us even before we landed. When we arrived she also had a map with all the interesting places nearby that she recommended. Her house was truly gorgeous, inviting and spacious. Even better than the pictures. I was happy to spend any downtime there for the warmth and tranquility. Our room was nicely decorated with a large comfortable bed. Although we had our own bathroom, I utilized the outdoor shower a couple of times. We couldn't have asked for a better location. Situated 2 short blocks away from one of the best beaches not bombarded by tourists, Ocean Park. In the opposite direction, there were great restaurants like Kasalva, Bebos and Mangos (also a nightclub). The bus (T5) to Old San Juan was within walking distance. We were also able to walk to Candado along the beach (~15mn) and enjoy its nightlife. Needeless to say, the only time we really needed a cab was to/from the airport and for El Yunque tour. Once again, we felt lucky to have found this gracious host.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

It is rare to feel "at home" in a space other than the one that holds your own bed and pillows, but at Sylvia's Dreamcatcher house I felt so entirely welcome and comfortable. The connection I shared with Sylvia, the other guests, her two pups, and the space was intimate and easy. I actually did not stay in the Library space. Instead I spent a week in my "dollhouse", or the Glass House, and was completely content. I loved the glow of the colorful paneled doors, the embroidered white sheet placed over the couch, and the abacus above my pillows that helped me keep track of all the sheep. When I woke up in the morning I would slide down from the lofted bed and step outside the doors to begin doing yoga in the courtyard. Sylvia became a friend more than a host and that is what I appreciate most about staying at this beautiful home. I look forward to returning with my whole entire heart.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We rented Sylvia's house for a conference week. The house is absolutely amazing, both architecturally and also emotionally, it really has a great vibe. The location is great, right by the beach, and the garden, kitchen and rooms have obviously been constructed with much love. My only regret is that we didn't have more time to spend at the house throughout this week. Sylvia is amazing, and was super helpful with all our needs. I have no doubt that if and when I return to Puerto Rico, this is where I will stay, and I would highly recommend it for all my friends. Thank you Sylvia, for being great.

Room Tip: I stayed at the Geisha room and loved it. It has a shared shower, but quite frankly I quickly starte...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Dreamcatcher Guest House? Share your experiences!