“location location location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Juan Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added San Juan Airport Hotel to your Saves list
San Juan Airport Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Luis Munoz Marin International Airport, San Juan 00937, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #33 of 44 hotels in San Juan
nj
“location location location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

the convenience of this hotel absolutely can not be beat. we stayed here as an alternative to spending the night in the airport, and it is 100% perfect for that. (really, would you rather sleep in a bed and have a shower or stay in an airport terminal for the hours of 1am-5am?)
the location was fairly easy to find (not ridiculously easy, but easy enough between the airport signs and assistance from airport staff).
the bed was comfortable (king), the shower and towels were clean, and check-in to the American gates was literally right outside the entrance of the hotel. we had the option to check-in for our flight and check our bags and then go back for breakfast, but due to the lines for security, didn't have time.
overall, i highly recommend this as a quick stay/alternative to spending the night in the terminal.

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our flight was delay by one hour, we arrived at the airport at 1am. It was a good thing we booked the airport hotel for the night. It was alright but I wouldn't walk on the carpet, it looks like it has not been cleaned for ages! Staff was not friendly or helpful unless you ask them for help. Local call is free provided your telephone works, before you make any call, they require you to give them your credit card #. Breakfast was alright but sparse, boiled egg, hot and cold cereal, no meat. For the price that you have to pay for the night, it could have been better. Like everyone commented, just for the night is alright.

Zurich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

No, it's not the Ritz. And no, you probably wouldn't want to spend your whole vacation here. Chances are you are here for one or two nights - and for that, it is perfectly sufficient.

I stayed for one night after a late flight that was even also delayed by two hours, so I arrived at 3.30am. Boy was I glad I had reserved this because I would have really been in no mood to pick up my rental car and drive to San Juan after that trip (I flew in from Europe and had been up for over 24 hours).

I needed a place to crash and not more and it served the purpose. The location is easily accessible from all terminals (5mins walk from where Jet Blue arrives), the rooms are clean, the bed is fine. I don't understand all the negative comments, I didn't have any issues. Staff wasn't rude (although not overly friendly either, but it really doesn't matter to me), rooms were normal sized and everything was as you'd expect it from a two-star hotel. I didn't eat breakfast, so can't comment on that.

I would stay here again before an early or after a late flight.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Charles County, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

After being royally screwed by JetBlue, I spent an unexpected night in San Juan...shortening my vacation by a day. And after it took them over 8 hours to officially declare my flight canceled....thereby making we wait in the terminal all that time.

So it was in THAT frame of mind that I entered the hotel with a voucher in hand.....I was not a friendly audience.

This hotel surprised me. It's NOTHING fancy mind you...
but it had a very nice business center with fast PC's and printer available...
it had a sun deck on floor three with hot tubs and a nice place to enjoy the morning sun.
and the room was comfortable and clean.

It's at appx Ramada Inn standards from back in the USA -- but it was certainly better than expected and I traveled on the next day feeling I had been treated well.

Have no fear if staying here. It's ok....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our flight arrived at 10 pm on 9 March. We were getting on a cruise ship the next morning. We have been to San Juan several times and have previously stayed in Old San Juan. I was not wanting to take a taxi and spent big bucks in Old San Juan then take another taxi to the port the next morning. So, I made a reservation at the Airport Hotel. What a great decision! The room was clean, the mattress was perfect, never heard an airplane, breakfast was fine. I've read lots of complaints about the breakfast, but it was perfectly adequate. If you want a big buffet, you need to find another hotel. You can access the lobby without going down the stairs if you watch the signs inside the terminal. Or, after retrieving your luggage, dont exit the building, go up to the 2nd floor and follow the ramp down. We were on USAir and just stayed in the terminal, heading towards American and took the elevator to the 2nd floor. Every employee we encountered was very kind and helpful. Sunday morning we checked out, took our luggage up the steps, turned right and grabbed a taxi to the port. Easiest thing ever. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings (or something like that) that you can see from the sidewalk outside the hotel if you want to go somewhere after your arrival. The hotel also has a small restaurant/bar. Will definitely stay again in the future.

florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was very skeptical about this hotel. To my surprise, the hotel staff was friendly and polite, continental breakfast was average, and room was small but comfortable and clean. I didn't encounter any problems with the AC unit, bed, or noise as other people have complained about. I think the hotel room was a little overpriced and there is room for improvement.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wayne, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked a room for a late evening check-in which was efficient considering the hotel was fully booked due to an airline cancellation. As we approached our assigned room we noticed a very strong odor- fresh paint!

We entered our room and asked the bellman about getting another room because the odor was so strong. He called the front desk and was told that there were no other rooms available because the hotel was full - and confirmed that painting had been done that day in the room next door. Unfortunately I suffer from asthma and cannot tolerate paint fumes and told the bellman that we could not stay in that room because of the smell. We were concerned because we were being told that no other rooms were available, it was already 11:30 pm and we had to be up by 5:30 am. The bellman was very sympathetic, called the front desk again and then asked us to stay with our bags while he went to speak to someone about another room.

Ten minutes later he appeared with keys for a new room, three doors down. The room was very small by most standards - the queen bed took most of the space. The bath was also small but clean, and the shower head was great. The air conditioning vent was very noisy but also served as white noise- the bed was just so- so as far as comfort goes.

Cannot comment about the breakfast because we departed too early. We selected this property because of its convenient location- a ten minute walk to the terminal but it is very spartan with respect to creature comforts. The bellman was exceptional- he went over the top to help us, even at a very late hour. Do not understand the front desk- why offer a room next to a newly painted one where the odor is unbearable and insist that no others are available?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to San Juan Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!