“not my first choice.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of San Juan Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added San Juan Airport Hotel to your Saves list
San Juan Airport Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Luis Munoz Marin International Airport, San Juan 00937, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Saint Thomas, Ontario, Canada
“not my first choice.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Location good as far as closeness to the airport. Location not good for restaurants, not much choice. We ate at Buffalo Wings and found them to be a bit pricey for the quality of food you received. Don't think we would stay there again. Very hard to carry our luggage down the stairs to the reception desk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel is very accessible and it serves the prupose because of that fact alone. The breakfast is OK and the wifi is GREAT! The rooms are so dimly lit, though and it is almost impossible to get them to a comfortable level of light.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Upon entering the front desk area, I was greated with a smile. The front desk staff informed me of the hotel amenaties including the very up-to-date business center and breakfast area (which offers complimentary breakfast). Our room was Extremely clean, organized, and the bedding was crisp and comfortable. The room wasn't like other airport hotels I've stayed in, this one HAS brand new Flat Screen TV and iphone dock that charges my phone and can be set as an alarm and plays music! The bathroom was clean and had one of those relaxing rain showers, what a treat! I was so impressed and well rested when I woke up for my early morning flight.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Villa, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night prior to our cruise leaving the next day. We were getting in very late at night and thought it would be safer to just stay here rather than finding a taxi to take us to a more reputable place.

Because it was so late, most of the airport was closed down which meant some interior parts that would not let us access the hotel from the inside. We had to walk out along the pick-up area to the hotel entrance at the next terminal. It was not a bad walk, I just had not expected to do it.

Check-in was slow. There were more people checking in than I had expected at such a late hour. The process once it was our turn was quick and easy and we were in our room in no time. We received a handicap accessible room. We didn't need it, but that's what we got. It was clean and quiet. The TV was smaller but we didn't mind. The volume control was touchy, but again, we didn't mind. There was no noise problem whatsoever. Even being close to the airport, you have to remember that aside from cargo, planes don't take off and land in the middle of the night. Even in the morning we didn't hear anything.

We had breakfast the next morning but it was nothing to write home about. It was one of the smaller breakfasts I've seen at a hotel that provides it. Bread, some fruit, pre-cooked waffles, oatmeal, juice and coffee. Check-out was just as easy as check-in and we were on our way to the port.

We did not use the hot tubs, but they looked alright. We also did not visit the casino on this trip, but from a previous experience, it was small but diverse. We checked email in the business office and it was extremely cold. I mean, extremely cold. I would certainly stay here again. We weren't thrilled with the price, but we felt it was safe and it was a convenient location. It's not a four-star hotel, but if you have a layover, are embarking on a cruise, or are just in for a night or maybe two, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had to spend a night in SanJuan and catch an early flight out to St. Thomas, so I was looking for a hotel close to the airport. I found the San Juan Airport Hotel online, and despite the price being higher than hotels of a similar star rating and iffy reviews, booked here for convenience. Convenience I got, literally steps to American airlines ticket counter. In addition, I got a basic and small, yes, but impeccably clean and perfectly serviceable room for what I needed. Negative reviewers looking for a "resort" should look elsewhere and expect to pay much, much more. The only negative, and I knew this going in, is that there is NOTHING in walking distance. Except the airport, of course.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bryan, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

bedroom is SMALL !!!! bathroom is even SMALLER . Mattress was OK and 1 pillow was OK, the other must have been a rock in a previous life. The breakfast is the worst I have seen in a motel in years--no meat, no eggs (cooked, boiled, anyway--none). near cold french toast and we were there at 5AM when they opened.
The best thing is that it is in the airport. No commute, just walk out into the airport concourse.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Within walking distance from terminal, clean room and bathroom (without any charm), no noise from outside or from planes, very cold (turned off AC right away). Price- quality balance OK. Perfect when you arrive jet lagged from Europe just for the first night.
The breakfast was pretty awful though: set in a room without any charm (or even a view through a window), every thing we used, from plates to cutlery, to cups, etc etc was individually wrapped and made of plastic. We were appalled by the stag of litter we had to leave behind after one simple cup of Nescafé and a roll.
Well, it's all about location, location.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to San Juan Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!