“This place is awesome!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers, Bistro
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“This place is awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant is awesome. I love the atmosphere of this place. It's very eco-friendly! The service was excellent and the food even better. I tried the "Ropa Vieja Rolls" and I love it. It's amazing that you can build your own burger or choose one of the creations that they have. I ordered the Dafne Elvira and I love it.I'm looking forward for my second visit. Best burgers in San Juan!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“I was expecting way more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Visited Bistro Burger because of the great reviews. I was interested in the gourmet burger concept. Went with my wife at noon on a Saturday and didn't have to wait for a table but for our surprise the waiter told us that the kitchen was backed up and she recommended us to order a starter if we where hungry because burgers would take time to be out. Following her recommendation we ordered the ropa vieja egg roll. After waiting the waiter told us that apparently the kitchen misplaced the ticket but that the egg rolls would be out soon. The egg rolls were the best part of the lunch. Unfortunately the burgers weren't that great. I had the pork burger on focaccia bread, muenster cheese, chorizo and spicy mayo. The meat had not much flavor. My wife had regular burger with a sweet sauce I can't remember the name. The sauce made the burger good not the beef. There was a lot of traffic in the restaurant. Lots of locals visiting so apparently it's good but our experience wasn't.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome burgers made to order!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant. Met the owner who was very welcoming. Offered us fresh tropical juices ( very refreshing on a Saturday afternoon) had the famous ropa vieja rolls which very good. The burgers were excellent, good quality meat with a great local bread! I would highly recommend!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Really cool place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stopped in to Bistro Burger for lunch after visiting San Cristobal. It was a really great experience and one of our favorite restaurants.

The atmosphere was welcoming, and the owner waited on us. He was clearly enthusiastic about his new business and explained how all of the furnishings, including the lights, were made from recycled materials. He makes fresh juices at the bar and even brought us a free one to try.

You can build your own burgers or buy a pre-designed one. We built our own, and they were very good. The owner also explained to us how he buys all of the ingredients locally and introduced us to the chef. I can't say enough about the positive experience and great food we had at Bistro Burger.

Visited July 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Fresh and Original”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Build your own burger with the best ingredients on the land. I visited Puerto Rico and came across this new place in Old San Juan. They have premium quality ingredients to choose from, which is hard to come by in the area. I tried the Eggplant burger and it was amazing. My aunt tried the meat burger and said it was delicious. We also ordered "Ropa Vieja" Spring Rolls, you HAVE to try these, great quality meat. The portions are pretty fair, and we were satisfied. The look of the restaurant is truly artistic, from the tables to the serving plate and fries holder. Great experience.

• Visited July 2013