“Patti Cakes” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 106 Activities in San Juan
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small family owned company, where the owners will be your tour guides. We specialize in off the beaten path places, locals known only rivers, waterfalls, natural water slides, caves, beaches, blow holes and more. Our mission is to show our guests an unforgettable experience while making new friends. Come and join us and discover why P.R. is the Island of Enchantment and why we are the Funmasters.
Shorewood, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
“Patti Cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Asha was such a wonderful guide juggling the driving, meeting and greeting people with ease, knowledge, and a flair for fun! I happened on this group via a photo book at my hotel. I managed to be the last to join a trip on 12/26 without knowing what I signed up for and loved every minute of the time spent with Asha and the people I shared the day. I so appreciated that it was not a typical "tour group" to El Yunque. Loved that I got my shoes dirty hiking, muscles stretched, and body dipped in very cool waters. The bio bay experience was so laughable due to the kayaking with strangers who may/may not know how to kayak in the dark and the human element of reacting to new experiences with either good humor or some folks with fear and crabbiness. Memorable experience due to the thoughtful preparation and guidance of Asha, along with the fine people that were on the tour.

Saratoga Springs, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Even more cool showers in paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We booked last minute for the half-day El Yunque Rainforest trip, having not read any of the reviews for Natural Wonders. What great luck to get connected with this fantastic tour outfit! Aasha is a charming and knowledgeable guide who picked us up on time, explaining the geography and history of PR and the Taino people on the drive to El Yunque. We stopped and climbed the Yokahu Observation Tower, then took a trek through the RAIN forest (more cool showers, yeah!) and then took a brief hike to a waterfall where we could take a dip (as if I wasn't already wet, hehehe). I had originally thought to rent a car in San Juan to drive to El Yunque and explore without a guide, but I am glad that we instead decided to use Natural Wonders - well worth it.

Los Angeles, California
“Loved the 2 trips we took with NW PR.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We took the full day Rainforest trip on Dec 23 and the Arecibo/caves trip on Dec 26. Raul is absolutely the nicest guy and very funny. He will keep you entertained the whole trip with his jokes and his deep knowledge of PR. He was very courteous, friendly and picked you up and dropped off on time. His big van if filled with soda, beer and local rum and all of which are complimentary. We also had the pleasure of meeting his wife Asha who took us to the Bio Bay tour on the first day evening. She is as nice of a human as anyone can be. Very knowledgeable,simple and funny. Don't think twice, just do PR with NWPR.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
“JUST DO IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The 4 people who have left 4-star reviews here are missing the point. There is simply NO WAY we could have had a better experience with Natural Wonders and Raul. Stop reading TripAdvisor and book your tour with NW before smarter people do!

Pennsylvania
70 attraction reviews
“Great tour highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We took a full day tour with Raul and were picked up on time at our hotel at around 10:15am. There were 11 of us on the tour. We had a nice drive out to the rainforest and Raul was knowledgable and entertaining. We stopped at the visitor's center and many waterfalls and a tower we climbed and then went on a long hike through beautiful waterfall areas. We then hiked in another area and some in the group hiked vertically up some steep areas to reach the top of 3 sets of waterfalls. Beautiful, I heard. I'll take my husband's word for it. It was a little too treacherous for me and a few others. After that, we stopped at a local place for lunch which was good. Then as an added bonus, we literally stopped at a woman's house and hiked through her backyard to some natural water slides. Since it had rained so much, the water was really rough and the rocks were very slippery. 3 brave souls including my husband followed Raul up the rocks and slid down. Crazy, but my husband loved it, although he did scrape and cut his arm. After that we headed to Luquillo Beach which I actually could have done without. It is supposed to be one of the most beautiful beaches, but I was not impressed. We got there around 4:00 pm and spent an hour there. It was quiet, not many people and the water was a little cold and nothing special. We then got back in the van for our return trip to our hotel around 6:15. All in all a great trip and a nice way to get out of San Juan and explore if you don't have a car. Raul was great! Fun experience.