“Honeymoon dinner” 5 of 5 stars

+1 787-724-1919
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
1919 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 639 Restaurants in San Juan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Calle Aguadilla
Description: Global flavors. Locally-rooted. World-class cuisine ~ that truly knows its place. At 1919, we are passionately committed to offering up the freshest organic and local ingredients for each and every dish we create. We believe in sourcing all our menu components with social consciousness and always at the pinnacle of good taste. We place the highest value on hand-selecting products that are local, artisanal, and homemade in order to craft food that is truly flavor-forward ~ served up fresh and with a contemporary flair ~ from our kitchen to your table. Subdued elegance in a space generous enough for conviviality, yet private enough to provoke intimate conversation. Visitors to our dining salon will attest: The only onlooker here is the ocean. In The Year 1919 The Condado Vanderbilt Hotel was built by the legendary Vanderbilt family under the direction of renowned architect Whitney Warren whose other landmark designs include Grand Central Terminal
Brooklyn, New York
“Honeymoon dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We actually came in june 2013 but I forgot to review! We loved our meal. We were on our honeymoon so we splurged gor the chefs tasting and wine pairings. We are both in the culinary field so we appreciate good food and service and this did not disappoint. We were pampered the whole time, met the chef, and left full full full. Wonderful experience all around.

Jerry M, General Manager at 1919 Restaurant, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for remembering us, I hope we see you soon again or in your next anniversary.

Canton, Georgia
“Fine Dining in San Juan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had the pleasure of dining at 1919 during our recent stay in San Juan. As a huge foodie, I had done a lot of research on the best new restaurants in the area, and 1919 was on the top of my list. I am happy to say it did not disappoint! From the elegant interior setting to the warm and professional service by Neil to the amazing suckling pig – everything was impeccable. I travel extensively and dine at a lot of nice restaurants, and I had to keep reminding myself that 1919 was in San Juan and not another major metropolitan city. My partner and I also arrived early and enjoyed cocktails in the amazing lobby bar of the Vanderbilt Hotel! As a designer, I was completely blown away by the architecture, furnishings and details of the space. I can't wait to return and stay in this hotel when the rooms open in December! Of course, I will be dreaming on that suckling pig until then as well!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Superior Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

If you come to Puerto Rico, you must try this restaurant. We had a fantastic dinner and the service was exceptional. Neal, the maitre'd, was really attentive to us and made the whole experience one of the best that we have enjoyed.. We had the Prix Fixe tasting menu and each of our dishes were outstanding. I had the salmon (they were out of the Halibut) but I was not disappointed. The fish literally melted in my mouth, spectacular! I also had the risotto, which was delicious. It had shrimp and chicharrones gremolata which gave the dish a truly great taste. My wife had the chilled eggplant, which had foie gras... another great dish. Her main course was duck, beautifully presented and another delicious choice.

If you don't try this restaurant when here, you surely are missing a wonderful experience. The lobby and restaurant are very beautiful which completes an amazing experience.

Visited August 2014
“A floating rainforest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

From the moment you arrive, you can see the ocean waves crashing. Once inside the restaurant, lush vegetation against the view of the ocean creates the sensation of a floating forest. Then there's the food: beautiful, delicious, sophisticated and varied. And the service was excellent, exceptional by Puerto Rico standards.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wash DC
“Excellent dinner with a view! Try the prix fixe menu so as to sample several dishes.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Five of us at a business dinner all chose the prix fixe submenu at $70 per head and loved it! This is a special occasion or special business discussion type of restaurant. The selections were varied on the main menu, but the prix fixe offered four courses and one could choose from several options for each course. The total charge is very reasonable when you you see what you get to eat.

Excellent taste- starting from the ahi tuna appetizer to my main course of local grass fed beef. The wine selection also is varied and a number of reasonably priced and good selections are available.

The service is very good- attentive and great guides on the food and wines. Also-No arguments with splitting the tab between a few credit cards - not always the case.

Finally, what a view! I will definitely be back.

Jerry M, General Manager at 1919 Restaurant, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about us, I hope we see you again on your next trip. We change the menu every season to have the freshest ingredients so I’m sure you and your colleges will always find something you like. You already know the best time to enjoy the beautiful view so I will see you soon.
Jerry