“Delicious food, pina coladas so good, friendly staff, awesome ambiance and priced right!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cueva Del Mar

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Calixta, a lady we met, recommended this place. She was right! The place has a nice vibe. The Arroz con Mariscos was delicious! The Mofongo very nicely seasoned! The Pina Coladas were everything I was craving. We went back twice, everything we ordered was always perfect! The price was fair for the food, ambiance and service you receive! Go!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great Food! Laid back atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant (as well as the other location in Guaynabo) is very popular with the locals. It is a small family owned restaurant that serves fantastic fresh seafood. It has a nice relax ambiance with a good size bar were you can wait to be seated. It stays quite busy, so a "wait" is expected. Now, I am very knowledgeable in the food service industry, so when I finally went to see what all the talk is about, it was apparent we had shown up during a shift change. I counted 18 employees at one point. Actually, it was during our 5 minute wait for a server to recognize our existence. When you are waiting for recognition and you see 18 employees ignoring you; 5 minutes seem like 30! Also, the employees where taking their breaks at the bar, having drinks after work in the bar area with their uniform on, chatting it up in Groups in the corner, etc... I know the ambiance is relax, but you don't need to be a chain restaurant or a fancy place to know that this type of behavior in front of customers is frowned upon. After the rough beginning, the service ended up being great and the food was amazing! I highly recommend the Conch Salad with Tostones de Pana. Also, the nutella flan is delicious!!! The only other downer was that they did not have coffee. Really? A restaurant in PR without cafe??? Crazyness! All in all, I will definitley visit this restaurant again.

Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“La Cuevita”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I visited "La Cuevita" as is call in Puerto Rico this pass weekend and it was very good. The service was good and the servers were very attentive. The local food was very tasty. Is a great place to go on Friday's and Saturdays.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Poor service, great food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I've been to this place 3 times. The first two times for lunch. I was pleased even after the long wait for our food (which was excellent) The last time I went with my husband for dinner and left before our food was even served. We waited for 15 to be seated on a dirty table. Our waitress was incredibly rude and after waiting 1 hr for 6 fish tacos and a salad (and some more attitude from the waitress) we paid our bill and left.
I understand that the restaurant is very popular and can get really crowded and loud, but there's no excuse for bad service.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing Seafood & Local Spanish Creole Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Amazing Seafood off the beaten path. Will not be disappointed. On a scale of 1-10 it's a 20!!
The "Shrimp Mofongo with Creole Sauce" just melts in your mouth. So much flavor you will enjoy every bite!

• Visited August 2013