“Great Trendy Boutique Hotel in the Heart of Condado-San Juan!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olive Boutique Hotel

You added Olive Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Olive Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Aguadilla st. | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
Advance Booking 10% off
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Houston, United States
“Great Trendy Boutique Hotel in the Heart of Condado-San Juan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The location, superior comfort of the rooms & beds, and decor/architecture of this hotel set it apart from many others we've stayed at in San Juan. We upgraded to a Cru suite and loved the room. Lots of cool decor and use of wood and other Mediterranean touches. This is a cozy, romantic, trendy couples boutique hotel. It isn't a family or kids hotel. The staff repeatedly went out of their way to make our stay great! They made reservations for us at the last minute, accommodated a large group on their ultra chic and comfortable rooftop terrace, and always had a smile and helped us with keys, luggage, laundry, and taxi's etc. The location is really great, right off of Ashford and across the street and very near the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel and the beach. Free bottled water, breakfast and cookies were really nice. We really wanted to try the steak restaurant because we saw some great looking and smelling food going up to the terrace, but they were booked up, then closed on Sunday (it's typical in PR for restaurants to be closed on either Sunday or Monday, but usually not both days as this restaurant is.).

Drinks on the terrace on rooftop at the bar are great, the whole staff went out of their way to ensure we had a very good stay. They were friendly and helpful at every turn. The bar area on the roof is small but an absolutely stunning space. The pool up there is also very small but the perfect temperature, and the sunset bay views are superb! The mattress and rooms are very comfy with trendy decor. If you don't need a big pool, a fitness gym, large restaurant choices or beach, stay at this well located, romantic and cool hotel with great staff! A limited breakfast menu can be ordered ahead, and served in your room or on the rooftop terrace..

There were a few drawbacks but they wouldn't keep me from staying at Olive again. The restaurant is only open Tues. thru Saturday. The pool on the roof is really small, and sometimes the beautiful rooftop lounge area, along with the restaurant seem to be the hottest parts of the hotel, and are sometimes booked by larger parties and not available to guests, so call and reserve ahead. Our hot tub on the terrace is really just a fountain, so don't expect to get water hot enough to take a jacuzzi type bath or a shower out there! The first room we got was smallish and dark-there are few windows in this hotel due to the close proximity of other (unattractive!) buildings, so if you want views or sunlight, call ahead to reserve lagoon suites early-the good suites with windows and lagoon views get booked up! We also had difficulty locking our room. We thought the room door locked automatically, but it doesn't and the keys are bulky to carry. We usually left ours at the front desk. Didn't worry too much, but had a few "funny" things happen...Overall a great experience, I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Get a lagoon facing suite for sunlight/views of the water. Also the wifi didn't work that great...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The service was wonderful. Our room was beautiful. The room was very clean. The things I didn't like was the frosted glass around the toilet. There is nothing attractive about seeing some one sit on a toilet. Thank goodness they have a noise machine in the room because our room was under the bar and next to the stairs.

Room Tip: 305 is very noisy. It is next to the stairs and under the bar.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is lovely and perfectly tucked on a quaint street. The staff is professional and works hard to make you feel like you're one of the most important guest they have. They're attentive and helpful without being intrusive. There is a genuineness about their service that makes you know they love their job. So many small gestures done that were extremely thoughtful. The in-room breakfasts we ordered were delivered hot, timely and delicious. Daily valet car retrieval was seamless. Recommendations made were spot on. Thank you Franscesca for all your kindness, Noreim and Pedro for the great coffee gift and for making our 30th anniversary so memorable!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Overall we had a very nice experience at the hotel, and will and have recommended it since our return home. There were many things we enjoyed about our stay. The staff was amazing, from the cleaning staff, to the bartenders, to the concierges. Pedro in particular was great. The style, decor, and upkeep of the facility was also top notch. Rooftop bar provided an enjoyable area to relax both during the day and at night. The room had an interesting layout that we were skeptical about at first but worked well in the end. No convenient place to store your clothing. The location is very nice and convenient to Old San Juan and the commercial area. Beach is directly across the street. We found the room key to be a bit ridiculous but we certainly didn't misplace it so that could be the function. The DirecTV in our room was very finicky. It worked maybe 50% of the time which was a bit frustrating when we wanted to lounge in bed after a long day. Wish the room had a refrigerator so we could store our leftovers and a few beers. Our room didn't have a window so that was concerning from a fire escape standpoint. It did help me sleep though! Daily treats were average at best. We really enjoyed our stay and would likely stay here again in the future. Thanks.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the type of room you're getting. We unknowingly reserved a room without a wind...
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While the entire staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home, Pedro is far and away the best at what he does. He has a natural gift for making your stay a luxurious one without coming off as abrasive or as if he's trying to hard. Very genuine. The hotel itself was exactly what it markets itself as: a boutique luxury destination. The rooftop is very quaint, with a full bar, great view and a soaking pool. The rooms are clean, modern and I believe each comes with a private veranda. It gets a 5, not because it's a 5-star hotel, but because the execution of the concept was very well done. Cheers

Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Service is the name of the game at this intimate 15 room hotel situated on the Condado Lagoon in San Juan. From the time I checked arrived curbside, the attention to detail was superb. The cab driver was clueless as to how to find the place, even after I gave directions from my GPS, but upon arrival the bellman assisted immediately and guided me inside. The young man at the front desk was gracious about getting me settled and confirming my reservation at Sage Steak Loft. He was calm when I freaked out about thinking I had left my phone in the cab.

I loved the Lagoon view room, although the inside portion was a bit small. The Patio was absolutely amazing, with the space, the double lounge chair, wine fridge, and mirror. The view was beautiful, although since I was on the second floor I felt that if I had not been traveling alone, the private intimacy would have been lacking for a couple.

During my stay, I had a couple of late nights at the Casino. The front desk held my large decorative key and greeted me refreshingly even in the stark early morning hours. In the mornings, breakfast was delivered promptly at the time designated. I requested that my room be cleaned at a specific time while I spent time on the rooftop. Absolutely no problem, and the head of housekeeping even came to find me when it was completed so that I could nap if I wanted. And by the way, the staff will graciously bring you your coffee and/or breakfast wherever you may be on property.

Special attention should be given to Christian, who works the rooftop bar. He was friendly and gracious as I sought out a late afternoon snack and refreshment. But my favorite employee was Pedro, who had originally booked my room for me last month. He was sweet and friendly on the phone, assisting me in picking the right room for my needs and suggesting area activities. When I checked out of my room on April 10, 2015, he was working the front desk. He recognized my voice and we continued to have a lovely conversation. He is the definition of Impeccable service. Especially for such a young guy, the property should be proud of his graciousness and professionalism. As I went to leave with my bags to go up the street to check into the Vanderbilt for the remaining portion of my stay on the island, he insisted on walking me to my destination, pulling my bags the whole way.

I will be back to the Olive, hopefully again and again, maybe even bringing my daughter there for her 18th birthday. If you are looking for cozy, precise service, this place is for you! Although not directly on the beach or inclusive of a huge pool or spa, there are other places for that, and that is not why you should go to Olive. Go for the friendly glamorous treatment! And Eat at Sage, Mario Pagan's newest restaurant (to be reviewed separately).

Room Tip: If view is important, pick the west side rooms.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Oh my goodness! If you are looking for an oasis that pays attention to detail and service, Olive is the way to go. I couldn't believe how I rarely, if ever, another guest in this 15 room hotel even though I know they were there.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Olive Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!