“Fantastic Hotel for romance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olive Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Olive Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Olive Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Aguadilla st. | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Offers & Announcements
25% Advance Booking Offer
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Tampa , Fl
“Fantastic Hotel for romance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just came back from a two day stay at Olive. The hotel is fantastic for a romantic stay. Staff was excellent , very detailed and friendly. Reception and assistance was great upon arriving and leaving. Rooms are small but very elegant and appealing. The bathroom is open to the room but that's "the look" and it's great if your in a romantic /boutique , sensual state of mind. The roof top bar and area or also great for stated romantic intentions. If your looking for large rooms with the big pool with lots of realestate to explore then this would definitely not be your place. Not a place for children, not a destination hotel and probably not for people with large wardrobes to be placed in the closet. This closet is for small , soft, expensive items of closing that doesn't last on too long. I didnt have any noise problem but the airconditioner is a wall split unit and some noise does come from them and I guess it may be bothersome if you need complete silence.
My constructive complaint would be that the bathroom mirror could benefit from a better light and that the walls in room are painted beautifully and very elegant but due to the nature of how its painted it will be harder to "maintain" and should be a weekly priority in all rooms.
This is a small, beautiful hotel for a romantic state of mind. It has great service and a very cool rooftop bar and "minipool". I would say this IS the place to stay if you want to be in the Condado area and Romance and your couple is your priority for the stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
La Palma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I spend the end of June thru the 3 of July in this Hotel and from the moment we arrived at the hotel they were very welcoming. The Staff are very friendly and helpful they all speak very good English. The Hotel was very Clean and smell very good the decor of the hotel is very pretty. Just a couple of things It would be a good Idea that the bar on the top floor be open a bit later and the Hotel does not have a Gym if at least they can give you a free pass to a near by Gym would be cool other then that is a GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN !!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I did not stay at the Olive Hotel, but we found ourselves here a lot. We actually considered switching the last half of our stay from La Concha to Olive. We ate at their restaurant and returned a few days later for morning roof top massages. Their staff is amazingly nice, beautiful grounds, quiet, it's just perfect. When I was waiting in the lobby for my boyfriend, I peaked at the guestbook and saw so many wonderful things their guest wrote. The only downside is no beach access, but if I were looking to spend several relaxing nights in San Juan, I'd stay at Olive in a heartbeat and just deal with finding a chair to rent on the beach. Really, this place is just lovely.

La Palma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent five nights at the end of June through July 3rd at this hotel. It was lovely. The service was excellent and the employees went out of their way to be helpful and attentive. The rooms were extremely clean, comfortable and decorated beautifully. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would visit it again. However, a couple of things I would enhance or change: A more diverse breakfast selection, ensure there is a bartender in the evenings and provide a safe in the room for valuables and access possibly to a gym.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review O:live Boutique Hotel and providing positive feedback for our future guests. It was our pleasure to meet you and serve you during your stay, Guests like you make a difference in our job.

All of our rooms are equipped with a small safe in the armoire. personally checked your room and the safe was removed for maintenance. We have bigger safe in front desk office area for our guests. I am sorry that we did not communicated this in advance.

Hopefully next time you visit your suggestions will be implemented.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great attention to their guests! I stayed for two nights and the experience was good. The service from Denise was amazing! She even made breakfast for us and brought it up to the room. Very warm staff. The rooftop has a beautiful view, perfect for evening drinks. It has valet parking which is helpfull. The room has no view but the bed is comfortable and the sheets felt good. I liked the see thru glass shower (perfect for couples). Is walking distance to the beach. I definitely recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest! Our staff was thrilled to serve you during your stay, Denise definitely goes the extra mile and takes care of our guests like visiting friends. We are thrilled that you loved the glass showers, this is our sexy side and we are glad you enjoy the experience.

Hopefully we will see you soon since you are a local friend.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We recently stayed three nights in Olive Boutique Hotel. The hotel lobby and Denise were so welcoming! Our room was beautifully appointed, very clean and charming. One little issue: there is not a great deal of bathroom privacy. For many this will not matter, for us it was a little uncomfortable, but Denise moved us to a room that provided a little more privacy right away. Great service! We enjoyed the rooftop each day we were there, despite the rain. The entire staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. We had dinner at the restaurant one evening; the food was very good, but the portions (not a complaint, just a comment) were enormous! I was unable to eat even half of my entree. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest:

Our staff, especially Denise was thrilled to read this review. Her efforts to make your stay more comfortable are recognized and this is very important and motivating.

As a note to all of our future guests, the Mediterranean suites have a frosted bathroom door vs. the Olive Style and Petite that have an open space design bathroom. Fortunately, we were able to accommodate you and pleased your needs.

This is your home, see you soon.

Long Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great staff. I want to thank Karina for her great cups of coffee and service. Maria and Denise were very sweet. Housekeeping was excellent left me some delicious brownies. Nice rooftop deck with a small pool. I highly recommend. Rented a car to check out Loquillo beach and the rainforest which I suggest. A little salsa dancing in Old San Juan and the El San Juan Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review our boutique hotel. Karina is outstanding in service as you can read in most reviews, she is always mentioned for making the difference in our guests' stay. I am glad you enjoyed our turndown brownies, they are very yummy. I agree.

Again, thank you for selecting O:live Boutique Hotel and for visiting us. This is your home away from home.

Loisse Herger

Been to Olive Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!