“Unique luxury hotel in heart of San Juan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olive Boutique Hotel

You added Olive Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Olive Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Aguadilla st. | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Special Price
Enjoy 10% off room rate!
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Unique luxury hotel in heart of San Juan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the O:live Boutique Hotel after a week cruise out of San Juan. We arrived at the hotel very early, 10am and the front office manager and staff couldn't have been nicer, getting us coffee and ice tea and checking on our room. We were in our room in about an hour and started relaxing right away. I went up to check on the roof top lounge while my husband napped. The roof top lounge, and really the overall style/decor of the hotel, is at once unique and comfortable. Cool semiprivate cabanas, tapas and drinks among a infinity edge pool/spa. A restaurant is on site, but we only had continental breakfast. Breakfast was good; muffins/fruit/yogurt. Great coffee.

We walked around the Condado area in the afternoon, came back for wine and tapas on the roof. Simply spectacular view and really relaxing. Shout out to Nathan and Joe. Nathan talked up the island and different activities available around the hotel and the island. We went to the room ready for a good night sleep, but unfortunately the hotel emergency generator was next to our room. I didn't sleep at all, my husband finally fell asleep around 3am. I can't blame the hotel, I was happy to have air conditioning, but it was loud.

We checked out the next morning to head home and I mentioned it to the front desk staff. The young woman apologized, which was fine with us; stuff happens, not their fault. We didn't think more of it and we headed home. Nice place, just bad timing on our part.

However, we get home and the owner has already emailed us and then called us to apologize and offer compensation. She was very apologetic, and offered to compensate us for 50% of the room cost. My husband and I were really impressed with this level of service. We wouldn't hesitate to stay at the O:Live again and I have recommended it to friends already.

One more nice touch, the manager came up to the roof top pool with ice tea while we were swimming . Just lovely.

Room Tip: I would say rooms on the right side of the hotel....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Olive and for writing this review. It is always a pleasure for us to treat our guests as part of the family and I am glad we were able to make you feel at home. I'm glad that even with such a short stay you could enjoy the Rooftop. It is a beautiful, relaxing space with a unique view.

Our owners take very seriously the experiences that our guests have while in the hotel and therefore when things go wrong (even when it is out of our control) they try to contact guests personally and do whatever's possible to make it up. Thank you for being so understanding with regards to this matter.

I hope we can see you again soon,
Teichka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Staff is very nice, the rooms are the true showstoppers. When you walk in, there is a crystal box shower completely see through from the bed. A true informality in a luxurious spread. It is not a family hotel, its a couples and solo male property. Breakfast is good with lots of choices, most of the products you could find them in walmart. The rooftop bar is amazing, the most romantic sunset you will see in the area. Its mostly a one employee show in the hotel but the staff is just amazing they defenetly did a great job picking their employees. Carina, cruzmarie and maria did great in helping us out, my stay wouldnt have been the same without them.

• Stayed April 2013
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Guest!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. As a Boutique Hotel inspired in the Mediterranean our rooms and common areas are designed with that old world touch that makes it very cozy and romantic. Of course the Rooftop is the perfect area to be at sunset so I'm glad you took advantage of it!

Thank you as well for taking the time to recognize the staff. Because (same as the hotel) our staff is not huge we make customer service the number one priority and I'm grateful that it shows.

Do not forget to visit us on your next trip to the island!

illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

What a wonderful experience we had. From the time we arrived till the time we left we were treated like family and were made to feel at home. Karina was amazing I hope they realize what a great employee they have. The cold breakfast was good and offered plenty to satisfy us. The rooms are small but very nice. Our room had no view at all so we enjoyed sitting on the roof top terrace drinking wine while enjoying the views from there. Parking was complimentary which was a huge plus. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Nice beaches within walking distance. We would like to thank the entire staff for making us feel so welcome and helping us have such a wonderful visit.

Room Tip: If views are important to you, make sure the room you book has one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest! Thank you so much for your visit and for taking the time to write the review! Making you feel at home is our number one priority! I know I speak for the entire staff when I say that we are all grateful that you chose to stay with us and allow us the opportunity to make you a part of our family and story. I believe it is important for our guests to not only enjoy the hotel, but to get to know the island and all of the beautiful places Puerto Rico has, therefore we give the complementary valet so you can feel free to come in and out during the day and explore the island without limits!

I also want to thank you for recognizing our staff. Karina is the front desk assistant manager and works hard in creating unforgettable experiences for all of our guests.

Hope to see you back soon,
Seaside, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We just had the most amazing experience at Olive! They have great staff who are very attentive and friendly, Karina will make you feel at home from the momment you walk in! Check in is very fast in a very old world style amazing space. They have Sweet tea in the lobby that we just couldnt get enough of! When we went to our room we had a partial lagoon view and a very interesting layout, we had a crystal box shower in the middle of our room... Just what we needed for our ROMANTIC getaway... The rooftop bar is amazing you just feel like you walked in to an italian villa. Most of the time that we were there we didnt get to see a bartender in the daytime, but karina was always around to help us out. Overall we will most highly recommend the olive to anyone who wants a cool, relaxing and romantic experience. We truly are grateful for the time we spent in the hotel, bust mostly we are grateful for feeling at home there, a true new feeling for us who are constant travelers.

Room Tip: Relax and enjoy the pampering
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. Our staff is always glad to make our guests feel right at home and pampered during their stay. The hotel is inspired in a romantic getaway in the Mediterranean and all the architecture and decoration follows that pattern. I'm glad you enjoyed our romantic rooms, especially the shower! We are blessed with an exquisite view of the Lagoon and love to share it in the Rooftop with all of the guests.

As you mention in you review, maintaining a relaxing, romantic environment is one of our priorities and I am glad you enjoyed it.

I hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The olive wasn't our first choice but from now on its our only choice. The service is outstanding within the premises you are not a guest, you are family the staff caters to your needs and personally make sure that you are well taken care of a well example of that is that one day me and my wife were late for breakfast and Karina saved us two plates with great choices for a nice and comfortable morning, she also checked us in early and gave us complementary wine. She is definitely your go to girl, she has great to places to go recommendation and a great attitude. I also loved our room it had cool and see through glass showers and a great big comfortable bed. I wish I could of stayed longer than two night and enjoy the area.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest! I am glad that your stay with us was a pleasurable one. I always say that it is our mission to make guests feel at home. The staff is always glad to help with anything they can do to make your stay better and these details are something we work hard in achieving.

Hopefully you can come visit again soon and have a longer stay!

Scottsboro, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We wanted to stay an extra night in San Juan and found this hotel on line. It is small and the front desk staff were all very attentive and personable. It had a really cool Mediterranean decor. My only complaint was that the floors needed to be mopped.

• Stayed April 2013
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello! Thank you for choosing us to spend that extra night in Puerto Rico! We hope you enjoyed your time with us. Also, we are always grateful of constructive criticism as it is the best way to continue to grow and hopefully exceed your (and other guests) expectations in the future.

It will be a pleasure for us to see you again!

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

First we booked the room because it was a great price for a good on print hotel, to our surprise it was better than expected and by far there is a lot more to it than the bad comments offered by other reviewers. the pros: breakfast is included with your rate and its a basic but good continental. rooms a little bit tight, but hey that sexy crystal shower does take up a lot of space. the rooftop bar is amazing it has breathtaking views of the lagoon and a nice pool, but it needs to be cleaned. the restaurant has very good food but pricey. the decor and attention to detail around the property is stunning. the sweet ice tea and the free water bottles oh and the good pastries that they give out around the day are GREAT. ohhh and did i mention that they give us complementary glasses of wine upon check in, very good wine may i say. most importantly all of the pros would be nothing if it wasn't for their super attentive and ready to serve staff valerie, nataniel, karina and maria thank you so much for your help and attention but mostly thank you for making us feel at home. i enjoyed more staying here out of the blue than ive enjoyed MANY planned vacations around the island. my complain about the hotel was some minor cleaning issues around my room but to be honest im really OCD and location isnt bad because its next to everything but its a really steep

Room Tip: have some sweet tea at the lobby, take the time to know the staff and most importantly enjoy that gr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for this review! It is our philosophy that the Olive Boutique Hotel should be a home away from home for all of our guests and I am glad you felt this way. I am glad you took time to appreciate the decor. The hotel is inspired in the Mediterranean countries of Italy, Spain, Morocco and France and a lot of work is put into creating and maintaining this atmosphere.

Our staff is always grateful to help all of our guest feel like family and I thank you for taking a little of your time to acknowledge them. I hope we get the chance to have you back soon!

I also wanted to thank you for the constructive criticism. We love when our guest help us continue to better and grow in order to improve your future experiences with us, as well as those of other guests. Your comment is definitely being taken in consideration!

Hope to see you soon!
Teichka

Been to Olive Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!