“Great service, lots of fun a nice place to pass the time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olive Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Olive Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Olive Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Aguadilla st. | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Offers & Announcements
3rd night free
Ranked #10 of 47 hotels in San Juan
“Great service, lots of fun a nice place to pass the time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The olive wasn't our first choice but from now on its our only choice. The service is outstanding within the premises you are not a guest, you are family the staff caters to your needs and personally make sure that you are well taken care of a well example of that is that one day me and my wife were late for breakfast and Karina saved us two plates with great choices for a nice and comfortable morning, she also checked us in early and gave us complementary wine. She is definitely your go to girl, she has great to places to go recommendation and a great attitude. I also loved our room it had cool and see through glass showers and a great big comfortable bed. I wish I could of stayed longer than two night and enjoy the area.

• Stayed April 2013
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest! I am glad that your stay with us was a pleasurable one. I always say that it is our mission to make guests feel at home. The staff is always glad to help with anything they can do to make your stay better and these details are something we work hard in achieving.

Hopefully you can come visit again soon and have a longer stay!

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Scottsboro, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We wanted to stay an extra night in San Juan and found this hotel on line. It is small and the front desk staff were all very attentive and personable. It had a really cool Mediterranean decor. My only complaint was that the floors needed to be mopped.

• Stayed April 2013
OHYEAHCorp, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello! Thank you for choosing us to spend that extra night in Puerto Rico! We hope you enjoyed your time with us. Also, we are always grateful of constructive criticism as it is the best way to continue to grow and hopefully exceed your (and other guests) expectations in the future.

It will be a pleasure for us to see you again!

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

First we booked the room because it was a great price for a good on print hotel, to our surprise it was better than expected and by far there is a lot more to it than the bad comments offered by other reviewers. the pros: breakfast is included with your rate and its a basic but good continental. rooms a little bit tight, but hey that sexy crystal shower does take up a lot of space. the rooftop bar is amazing it has breathtaking views of the lagoon and a nice pool, but it needs to be cleaned. the restaurant has very good food but pricey. the decor and attention to detail around the property is stunning. the sweet ice tea and the free water bottles oh and the good pastries that they give out around the day are GREAT. ohhh and did i mention that they give us complementary glasses of wine upon check in, very good wine may i say. most importantly all of the pros would be nothing if it wasn't for their super attentive and ready to serve staff valerie, nataniel, karina and maria thank you so much for your help and attention but mostly thank you for making us feel at home. i enjoyed more staying here out of the blue than ive enjoyed MANY planned vacations around the island. my complain about the hotel was some minor cleaning issues around my room but to be honest im really OCD and location isnt bad because its next to everything but its a really steep

Room Tip: have some sweet tea at the lobby, take the time to know the staff and most importantly enjoy that gr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for this review! It is our philosophy that the Olive Boutique Hotel should be a home away from home for all of our guests and I am glad you felt this way. I am glad you took time to appreciate the decor. The hotel is inspired in the Mediterranean countries of Italy, Spain, Morocco and France and a lot of work is put into creating and maintaining this atmosphere.

Our staff is always grateful to help all of our guest feel like family and I thank you for taking a little of your time to acknowledge them. I hope we get the chance to have you back soon!

I also wanted to thank you for the constructive criticism. We love when our guest help us continue to better and grow in order to improve your future experiences with us, as well as those of other guests. Your comment is definitely being taken in consideration!

Hope to see you soon!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had booked a room in the hilton but due to an overbook i ended at olive. It was the best experience ive had in the island it wasn't a very long stay but it was long enough. i had read other tripadvisors about their bad breakfast but honestly it was pretty complete and good plus the service is amazing. crusmarie and carina helped me a lot by giving me good dinner recommendations and helped me with directions. i will definitely come back and hope to have the same great experience.

Room Tip: location isnt so great but you can manage!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Some things are meant to be!! We are glad that a little misfortune brought you to our doors! I'm sure I can speak for the complete staff when I say it was our pleasure to help you with any recommendations, directions or anything else you needed. Part of being a boutique hotel is to make sure that every guest feels at home and that the staff feels like family.

Once again, I am glad you came to know us on your trip to Puerto Rico and are exited to see you when you return!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was with a group of friends travelling/living in San Juan, Puerto Rico for 3 months in 2013. We stayed in a few of the hotels around Condado and the Old Town, and became quite familiar with all the good spots. This hotel was definitely one of the best, and the rooftop terrace restaurant and bar is fantastic. W/ould highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for including us in the hotels you stayed during your visit to Puerto RIco and for also dinning with us. It is always our pleasure to make of your time with us a special and memorable one.

I hope we can share the lagoon view of the Rooftop with you soon!

California City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We only stayed for a night within the hotel and let me tell you we had an amazing time. Everything was special about the place. First of all they allowed us to have an early check in which was great because we got there and breakfast was still set up and Karina was very welcoming and kind enough to allow us to have breakfast and in the mean time take our luggage up to the room, those are definitely the details that count. the place is completely well thought, it is so detailed and inviting that my only regret was not staying my whole 5 nights in Puerto Rico there. They do housekeeping twice in the day and leave you cookies a nice touch right before bed. the rooftop bar is amazing the really tall bartender who had a very complicated name made superb drinks but also was very attentive and sweet. My room even thou it was small with just the basics it felt very cozy. sense we were only going to stay one night in the hotel we did not even want to leave to walk around condado, we decided to enjoy the hotel we had sweet ice tea that they provided for all guest down in the lobby and walked all over the hotel just looking at all the pictures an details all around crusmarie was very friendly and always making sure that we were ok. It was an overall superb experience, we are big trip advisor readers but not writers and olive definitely got us started because people need to know about them, the good stuff about them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest! Thank you very much for your review. We love to make our guest feel at home during their stay. Because we are a Boutique Hotel details such as the ones you mention are an important part of our customer service in order to make the experience an exquisite one. I'm glad you took the time to see hotel and the pictures, they are an important part of the our story and inspiration.

I hope you had a great trip back home.

Always remember you have a second home in Puerto Rico!

See you soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely adorable decor. Roof top bar was peaceful and relaxing. But when we ordered two drinks off the menu the bartenders took about 10 min before they explained they didn't have the " ingredients " to make either of the orders. Then, when it was time for bed the roof top bars music was soooo incredibly loud it was near impossible to fall asleep. That went until about 4am. I was under the impression the hotel was a quiet and tranquil environment. That was the biggest disappointment ... Thank god it was only a one night stay. The location kind of sucked as well. Off the beat & path ..

• Stayed April 2013
OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest:

Please accept our sincere apologies for our guest's event at the Rooftop. Let me assure you and our future guests that this type of event is an exception and not a norm. A guest wanted to celebrate his 49th birthday and he was having a little too much fun and asked us to extend the hours, as we did block the majority of the occupancy for him. However; this is not an excuse and we are extremely sorry to hear that this event interrupted your peaceful time and we want to compensate you with a future stay.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide an explanation. We would really like you to come and give us another opportunity as I am sure, the experience will be different.

Best,

Loisse Herger

Please send me a personal email to lherger@oliveboutiquehotel.com

Been to Olive Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!