“A Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olive Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Olive Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Olive Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Aguadilla st. | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Offers & Announcements
3rd night free
Ranked #10 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Key West
“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This 12 room gem of a hotel situated mere steps from Condado's beaches is delightfully charming. The decor makes you feel like you were dropped off in France but with an extraordinary and friendly Puerto Rican staff. This place is beautiful and the rooms, quaint and tastefully done. The Olivia Restaurant downstairs is superb as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Hello! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with other fellow travellers. We love to hear our guests comment about the friendliness of our staff, they really go the extra mile. Our chef is also very talented so comments about the restaurant are always invigorating!

Visit us soon, we just opened the rooftop so your experience will be enhanced!

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed 5 nights at this wonderful boutique hotel. The service was superior, the hotel restaurant was superior. The air conditioning in the room is the best I have ever seen. We highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello!

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. It is always great to hear what our guest enjoyed most. Our staff gets really motivated with reviews like yours so thank you for keeping us on a positive note!!!

Come back soon so you can enjoy the rooftop club, we just open it!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really had an awesome stay. I've kinda sorta had every big name in Puerto Rico already when it comes to hotels and this time I wanted something else. No regrets whatsoever. When I was making the booking on the net I had the choice for a garden view room, which I choose, when I got there, there was no garden and no view. I asked the front desk guy about it and he said they would get back to me in the morning ( I arrived really late) The room I had was great, so I forgot about it and was really surprised when the very friendly gentleman came in with a bottle of what later appeared to be excellent red wine and a hand written note from the manager to apologize for the confusion and an offer to upgrade to a room with a view. I accepted and that room and the friendliness of the staff made this Puerto Rican getaway my most memorable one yet. Hopefully I'll get the chance to visit again soon.

Natalie

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The O:live truly is a boutique hotel - Amazing location in the heart of the Condado, but just enough off the beaten path. An outstanding restaurant - if you're a foodie, this place is a must.
I was there on a business trip and found it to work for all my needs, free WIFI, good desk.
There is no closet, but rather an armoire to hang some clothes.
The shower is amazing, you can have a party in it - it's very sexy being next to the bed.
The room is small by American standards - what it lacks in size it makes up in style.
They are still working on completing the rooftop pool - so I will forgive the very early construction crew noise - it became my wake up call.

Room Tip: I had a lagoon view room - which really was more like a barely visible lagoon view room - it faced t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello Anthony! I am glad that you had a pleasant stay at O:live. Thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to extend a special invitation to you to a Mediterranean suite one night, we just finished the rooftop club and it is only fair that you get to enjoy "perfection". Thank you for undestanding and being flexible with us! Send me an email lherger@oliveboutiquehotel.com to redeem it.

our best,

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

What a special surprise for my husband and me this boutique hotel in Condado, San Juan! Great atmosphere, beautiful rooms, exquisite restaurant and excellent service. It is like been in a little piece of Paris, Italy or Spain. Best choice ever!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

What started out as a "not-so-hot" arrival at San Juan changed for the better when I arrived at the Olive Boutique Hotel. My reservations were changed to this sister hotel of Hosteria Del Mar after I checked in at Hosteria and was placed in what seemed to be a room for the staff quarters. After the experience of the first hotel, any queen sized bed with an air conditioner would have sufficed. I got wayyyyy more than that when I arrived at the Olive. It was the first time I experienced being greeted with customer service upon arriving in San Juan.
The decor was utterly charming and relaxing as it mixed Moroccan and French elements along with some marine/naval novelties. The staff was pleasant and nothing less than professional. I wouldn't have minded staying at this location a few more nights!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I traveled to puerto Rico with my friend and we stayed at the olive, we had a great experience. Upon entering the hotel I was greated by edgardo. He knew my name before I even told him as he was expecting our arrival. He helped us with getting a rental car, directions to places we wanted to visit, resturants we wanted to eat at, anything we needed. The hotel was very nice an well decorated. We had our beds made n room cleaned daily and our sheets turned down every night. I would defiantly stay there again!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Olive Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!