“GREAT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olive Boutique Hotel

You added Olive Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Olive Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Aguadilla st. | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Special Offer
Early Booking Special
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in San Juan
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“GREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really had an awesome stay. I've kinda sorta had every big name in Puerto Rico already when it comes to hotels and this time I wanted something else. No regrets whatsoever. When I was making the booking on the net I had the choice for a garden view room, which I choose, when I got there, there was no garden and no view. I asked the front desk guy about it and he said they would get back to me in the morning ( I arrived really late) The room I had was great, so I forgot about it and was really surprised when the very friendly gentleman came in with a bottle of what later appeared to be excellent red wine and a hand written note from the manager to apologize for the confusion and an offer to upgrade to a room with a view. I accepted and that room and the friendliness of the staff made this Puerto Rican getaway my most memorable one yet. Hopefully I'll get the chance to visit again soon.

Natalie

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
OliveExperience, Public Relations Manager at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2014
Natalie! Thank you so much for this great review! You know, our goal every time we have a guest is to make them feel as comfortable and relaxed as they can when they stay, so every time one guest has a request, we make them a priority and don't stop until every need is being taken care of. We hope that you get the chance to come back to have the upgraded O:Live experience with our bigger rooms and breathtaking rooftop. Take care Natalie and we hope to see you once again in the near future!

O:Live Boutique Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The O:live truly is a boutique hotel - Amazing location in the heart of the Condado, but just enough off the beaten path. An outstanding restaurant - if you're a foodie, this place is a must.
I was there on a business trip and found it to work for all my needs, free WIFI, good desk.
There is no closet, but rather an armoire to hang some clothes.
The shower is amazing, you can have a party in it - it's very sexy being next to the bed.
The room is small by American standards - what it lacks in size it makes up in style.
They are still working on completing the rooftop pool - so I will forgive the very early construction crew noise - it became my wake up call.

Room Tip: I had a lagoon view room - which really was more like a barely visible lagoon view room - it faced t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
OHYEAHCorp, Owner at Olive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Hello Anthony! I am glad that you had a pleasant stay at O:live. Thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to extend a special invitation to you to a Mediterranean suite one night, we just finished the rooftop club and it is only fair that you get to enjoy "perfection". Thank you for undestanding and being flexible with us! Send me an email lherger@oliveboutiquehotel.com to redeem it.

our best,

Loisse Herger
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

What a special surprise for my husband and me this boutique hotel in Condado, San Juan! Great atmosphere, beautiful rooms, exquisite restaurant and excellent service. It is like been in a little piece of Paris, Italy or Spain. Best choice ever!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for this great review! We love it when guests have a beautiful first impression when they come for the first time! We work very hard so that guests leave with the best of memories. We hope that you get the chance to come back and try one of our newly built Mediterranean indoor and outdoor terraces. O:Live is the perfect cozy and intimate place to relax and forget the world, so we hope to have the pleasure of you staying with us on your next visit to Puerto Rico. Once again, thank you so much for this wonderful review!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

What started out as a "not-so-hot" arrival at San Juan changed for the better when I arrived at the Olive Boutique Hotel. My reservations were changed to this sister hotel of Hosteria Del Mar after I checked in at Hosteria and was placed in what seemed to be a room for the staff quarters. After the experience of the first hotel, any queen sized bed with an air conditioner would have sufficed. I got wayyyyy more than that when I arrived at the Olive. It was the first time I experienced being greeted with customer service upon arriving in San Juan.
The decor was utterly charming and relaxing as it mixed Moroccan and French elements along with some marine/naval novelties. The staff was pleasant and nothing less than professional. I wouldn't have minded staying at this location a few more nights!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you so much for this great review! We are happy that you liked so much our Mediterranean decor. We work very hard so that from the moment our guests come inside the hotel, they feel like they can disconnect from their daily routine and feel completely relaxed. We would have loved it if you had stayed longer, but that is the perfect reason why you should visit us once again! We have bigger rooms now with indoor and outdoor terraces with view to the lagoon. We hope to have the pleasure of having you visit us once again! And once again, thank you for this beautiful review! Take care!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I traveled to puerto Rico with my friend and we stayed at the olive, we had a great experience. Upon entering the hotel I was greated by edgardo. He knew my name before I even told him as he was expecting our arrival. He helped us with getting a rental car, directions to places we wanted to visit, resturants we wanted to eat at, anything we needed. The hotel was very nice an well decorated. We had our beds made n room cleaned daily and our sheets turned down every night. I would defiantly stay there again!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Heather! Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for acknowledging our staff and their dedicated hard work! They truly work the extra mile so that every guest feels right at home, and one of the ways of doing that is by getting to know them on a personal level. Thank you so much for choosing O:Live for your stay and for sharing your experience in our boutique property in this beautiful review! We hope you get the chance to come back and try the new expanded rooms or just visit us even if it's just to say hi! Take care!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The owner and staff went above and beyond our expectations!!! Making sure our stay and wedding were exquisite!!! It was truly an amazing memory we will always cherish!!!

Thank you and God Bless!!!
Erick and Jamie Stern

• Stayed July 2012
Erick and Jamie! Thank you so much for this amazing review! We are truly happy that you had such an amazing time during your stay! We definitely want you to come back and have the upgraded O:Live Experience with our new Veranda Suites in which we added indoor and outdoor terraces! So we want you to come back and feel for yourself the great atmosphere and feel of our new rooms! Once again, thank you so much for this great review and we hope to have the pleasure of having you back as a guest in the near future! Take care!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

what a magical place!! as soon as you enter you're swept away on a journey, from the decor to the mementos of the owners travels through France, Spain, Italy and Morocco, you feel as if you've been transported to the Mediterranean. A mix of old and new- all the modern amenities you'd expect combined with unique and imported furnishings like headboards made from reclaimed wood from old European churches. Amazing touches in the hallways, shelves holding antique magnifying glasses, great photographs on the walls, antique books and games on the tables, make you feel as if you're walking through another time and place. Great ambiance, outstanding service and a perfect location just off the main street in Condado. A perfect weekend getaway in San Juan- cant wait to come back!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for this great review! It is so great that you liked so much the design and concept of our boutique property when you last visited us! Actually, we just won The 2014 America's and World's Best Inspired Boutique Hotel, which makes us very happy. And now, since you liked your stay so much, you definitely have to come back. We are almost done expanding our rooms, adding indoor and outdoor terraces! Some of the bigger ones even have jacuzzi! We definitely hope to have you back at O:Live so you can experience the upgraded O:Live experience!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
The Condado Plaza Hilton
#24 of 45 in San Juan
3.5 of 5 stars 3,307 reviews
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel

Been to Olive Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!