Some other reviews for this property state how the front desk staff are fantastic. I agree that the employees are extremely helpful fixing many little things such as: providing towels and blankets when the maid forgot to stock the room; offering batteries for the AC romote; calling the satelite TV provider when the TV didn't; providing ice when none of the ice machines worked. The staff had to do all of the above for us. Unfortunately they were unable to fix the broken elevator, we were going on a cruise and had to take our luggage up four flights of stairs. There was a wedding or festival of some type the Saturday night we stayed at this property. Until almost 3:30 in the morning drunken guest were returning to their rooms and slamming doors. The next morning when we went to shower there was no hot water. We went to make coffee, there was a coffee maker but no coffee, cups, creamer or sugar. The staff said they didn't have supplies for the coffee and claimed the hot water was fine, even though 2 other guests were complaining about the hot water when we were. Also each time we had an issue we had to walk down 4 flights of stairs since there are no room phones. At check out when we reviewed all of the problems with the lady at the firont desk, the manager walked away from the front desk and went info his office and when we asked for him, he refused to come out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Plaza De Armas, located in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. Hotel Plaza De Armas is for travelers looking to be in the heart of Old San Juan, our hotel is in a coveted location in the historic quarter. Hotel Plaza de Armas is a delightfully captivating colonial style hotel in the heart of picturesque Old San Juan, a city as rich in history as it is in culture. The blue cobblestone streets of the old city sprawl out in every direction and world-class shopping, dining and entertainment abounds. The hotel's Spanish colonial-inspired lounge is decorated in rich red and gold with warm lighting and leather couches.A completely unique location highlights spectacular views of the Plaza De Armas and puts you mere cobblestones away from 16th century Spanish fortresses, fascinating museums and art galleries. We are just a block away from the Cathedral of San Juan Bautista. The Cathedral of San Juan Bautista is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico.The cathedral is one of the oldest buildings in San Juan, and is the second oldest cathedral in the Western Hemisphere. Construction of Cathedral San Juan began began in 1521.The cathedral contains the tomb of the Spanish explorer and settlement founder Juan Ponce de León.The 50 rooms at the Hotel Plaza De Armas are wrapped around a spacious inner courtyard. They're clean and modest with simple touches such as wood wardrobes, headboards and nightstands, and stainless steel lamps. All rooms have clock radios, coffeemakers, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, in-room safe and a television with cable. Suites have floor-to-ceiling shutters that open for views of the cobblestone streets. Some suites have small refrigerators and sofa beds. The modest standard rooms have no windows. Suites have windows overlooking the historic district. Hotel Plaza De Armas also offers high-speed Internet access.From its uniquely Spanish-colonial architecture to its comforting in-room amenities, the Hotel Plaza De Armas PR offers guests the perfect blend of Old World charm and New World elegance. We are just a walking distance from the City Hall (Alcaldia) of Old San Juan and right next to an 18th century building where you can find the Department of State. Also we have a trolley stop right outside our door .We look forward to welcoming you at Hotel Plaza De Armas! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Plaza De Armas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza De Armas
- Howard Johnson San Juan
- Howard Johnson Old San Juan
- San Juan Howard Johnson