The employees of this hotel were amazingly helpful during our stay. My friend had an accident during our trip. When we arrived they rushed to get us into a room and made sure we were comfortable during our entire stay. The location is great. The room was small and simple yet clean. We stayed in a room with two single beds. The bathroom was large and clean. There was a microwave and fridge in our room. They offered free wifi, however the signal was very weak. My cell phone did not work inside the facility, which was important for me because I really needed to keep in touch with my friend that ended up having to go to the Emergency Room at the hospital. The location was very good. I did have to drive a ways to park our car, but the staff were very helpful in which parking location was cheapest.
This hotel seems expensive for what you get, but when researching other hotels...it was the one within our budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Plaza De Armas, located in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. Hotel Plaza De Armas is for travelers looking to be in the heart of Old San Juan, our hotel is in a coveted location in the historic quarter. Hotel Plaza de Armas is a delightfully captivating colonial style hotel in the heart of picturesque Old San Juan, a city as rich in history as it is in culture. The blue cobblestone streets of the old city sprawl out in every direction and world-class shopping, dining and entertainment abounds. The hotel's Spanish colonial-inspired lounge is decorated in rich red and gold with warm lighting and leather couches.A completely unique location highlights spectacular views of the Plaza De Armas and puts you mere cobblestones away from 16th century Spanish fortresses, fascinating museums and art galleries. We are just a block away from the Cathedral of San Juan Bautista. The Cathedral of San Juan Bautista is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico.The cathedral is one of the oldest buildings in San Juan, and is the second oldest cathedral in the Western Hemisphere. Construction of Cathedral San Juan began began in 1521.The cathedral contains the tomb of the Spanish explorer and settlement founder Juan Ponce de León.The 50 rooms at the Hotel Plaza De Armas are wrapped around a spacious inner courtyard. They're clean and modest with simple touches such as wood wardrobes, headboards and nightstands, and stainless steel lamps. All rooms have clock radios, coffeemakers, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, in-room safe and a television with cable. Suites have floor-to-ceiling shutters that open for views of the cobblestone streets. Some suites have small refrigerators and sofa beds. The modest standard rooms have no windows. Suites have windows overlooking the historic district. Hotel Plaza De Armas also offers high-speed Internet access.From its uniquely Spanish-colonial architecture to its comforting in-room amenities, the Hotel Plaza De Armas PR offers guests the perfect blend of Old World charm and New World elegance. We are just a walking distance from the City Hall (Alcaldia) of Old San Juan and right next to an 18th century building where you can find the Department of State. Also we have a trolley stop right outside our door .We look forward to welcoming you at Hotel Plaza De Armas! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Otel, Priceline, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Plaza De Armas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza De Armas
- Howard Johnson San Juan
- Howard Johnson Old San Juan
- San Juan Howard Johnson