“my honeymoon” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Camuy, null, United States
“my honeymoon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

first the place is very small but comfortable, don't have pool.has no parking, so you have to park on the street. there isn't any luxury but the people was great. they make you feel very good since you walk in. i have a little problem with the room i got cause the air conditioning wasn't working. the manager came to me and ask what happened and change my room at once. additional of that the tv stop working the last night cause the company.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I visited Old San Juan for a Tango Festival at the end of August. Since most of my time was spent on classes ,practice and shows I only went there to bathe,change and sleep. This was a good setting and inexpensive for those purposes. Their food and drinks when I had to wait or leave quickly was good as well as the service in these places located in the entrance right in the center of Plaza de Armas. Since parking was difficult I left my luggage with staff and then parked by Paseo de la Princesa parking lots and then walked up. While there I traveled free by Trolly throughout Old San Juan and or walked to many places.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for 1st floor if possible since they have a very old elevator which takes long in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Burnaby, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was in awe of the place when I first stepped foot inside. Very authentic, old elevators and has a lot of character however my room was utter disaster. There was hair on the pillow and sheets and dust balls collected everywhere. I was so paranoid to sleep on the bed because it felt like the sheets weren't changed after the last guest. Customer service at the front desk was great but just the state of my room was total off putting and will not stay there again if I go back to San Juan. You pretty much get what you pay for

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
LuisGarzon, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Plaza De Armas, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank Mrs.Annie for choosing Hotel Plaza De Armas for your recent stay.

I hope that you had a wonderful time at the Old San Juan City.

Thank you for taking the time to make a review here. I am personally concerned at the conditions which you report. This is certainly not the treatment we intend to offer our appreciated guests.
I would like to offer you a million apologies.

The following steps were immediately taken:

An urgent meetings were held with the entire staff and they received additional training in maintaining the standards which we have set for our Hotel Plaza De Armas. This includes proper cleaning and also proper supplies being in the room.

Every room has been recheck in order to guarantee cleanliness and I can assure you that this kind of situation won't appear anymore.

I would like to let you know that your comments are extremely important to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our services and property on a constant basis.

Allow me to tell you that the state of the room you were in was an exception and does not reflect what our guest normally are used to have.

Our principal concern is to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve and always try to exceed their expectations in order to make their stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
We want that every person arrives as a guest and always leaves as our friend.

However allow me to suggest you that next time you have a complaint about anything in anyplace please go first to the Front Desk and try to contact the Administrator because maybe that way your situation could be solved in a proper manner and you can avoid uncomfortable situation for you because everything will be arranged immediately.

I invite you to come to Hotel Plaza De Armas once again and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. I will personally take care of all your needs when you come back if you accept my invitation..

Thanks again.

Hotel Plaza de Armas
Christiansted, St. Croix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Staff is great. Hotel was built in 1869. It is old. Old elevator and small stair case. Charming building. Very clean and small. You have a room and bathroom. Small TV. Great for sleeping and showering. The ambience is great.

Room Tip: If you are single or a couple looking for a bargain this is great. If you plan to spend a great dea...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Some friends and I stayed here the last night in Puerto Rico after having spent a week in Culebra. We picked it because of the reasonable price, the location and because there were rooms geared for 3 people (King suite).
We arrived early (11am) and although they were not able to check us in early, they took ALL of our luggage (quite a bit) and had rooms ready early at 2. The desk staff was super friendly and very knowledgable of the area and where we should grab a bite to eat. The manager helped us with our luggage. The hotel is located in a "heritage building" so many of the features must be appreciated for it's age, such as the elevator. It's tiny and has an accordian door.
The 3 girls had the King suite and were not disappointed. the little balcony faced out on Calle San Jose towards the square....such a gorgeous extra. Rooms were clean. No phones, which is odd but nothing awful. There is a public parking garage about 6 blocks from the hotel where we parked for 24 hours for less than $15. The building, the staff, the rooms, all excellent. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Givatayim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We spent one night in this hotel, before leaving for a cruise.
The bed was very comfortable.

In the bottom line - money well spent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LuisGarzon, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Plaza De Armas, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
We spent one night in this hotel, before leaving for a cruise. Louis & the rest of the staff were really friendly & helpful. The location is Perfect!!! The cruise port is just 5 min. away. The bed was very comfortable. In the bottom line - money well spent.

Thanks a lot Kostale for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Plaza De Armas Old San Juan with this community.

All the time we try to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve and always try to exceed their expectations in order to make their stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Next time Kostale when you plan to come to Old San Juan I hope to have the opportunity to serve you once again. I will personally take care of all your needs when you decide to come back.

Thanks again.

Guest Relations Manager
Hotel Plaza de Armas Old San Juan
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We decided to stay here after an 11 hour flight on the night before departing on a cruise. I was very happy with my stay here because of the great, central location - walking distance to everything and on the trolley line. The front desk was very helpful. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We intentionally selected an interior room so it was very quiet with no distractions. At home, we never sleep more than 6-7 hours and we ended up sleeping 12 hours because it was so quiet and the bed so comfortable. They also have their own small bar and cafe which was perfect for breakfast. For the price, you cannot beat the overall value. With some minor improvements in furnishings and linens/towels, this could easily become a "boutique hotel".

Room Tip: Interior rooms are perfect for someone wanting peace, quiet and rest.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are really glad Michelle you have decided to stay at Hotel Plaza De Armas for your cruise stop in Puerto Rico.

Yes indeed Michelle, we are in a completely unique location that highlights spectacular views of the Plaza De Armas and puts you mere cobblestones away from 16th century Spanish fortresses, fascinating museums, art galleries, restaurants and world-class shopping.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience inside the room. This is the kind of quietness that we offer after a long walk around the city.

The people from the Bistro (A Concessionary) next to the Lobby are magician in the kitchen and the food they prepare are marvelous..

As you mention Michelle our overall value is outstanding.

We are working at this very moment on changing our furniture and in the near future we will have a couple of improvement on that matter.

Next time Michelle when you plan to visit us please drop me a call at 787-722-9191 and I personally will take care of your needs.

It will be awesome to serve you once again when you come back.

Thanks again

Guest Relations Manager
Hotel Plaza de Armas
our guest and leaves as our friend”

Been to Hotel Plaza De Armas? Share your experiences!