“Great for the Price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Princess Hotel

Save Saved
You added Coral Princess Hotel to your Saves list
Coral Princess Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1159 Magdalena Street | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #8 of 46 hotels in San Juan
Austin, Texas, United States
“Great for the Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went stayed for 6 nights during our honeymoon and it was awesome. We didn't want to spend a lot on the hotel since we had so many tours and excursions planned and knew we wouldn't be there much.

Pros - Awesome customer service no matter what time of night we came in. Staff was so friendly and had good tips on tours and bus routes. Also, the hotel is 5 minutes (or less) walking distance to Condado Beach. Walgreens and a strip of restaurants and small bars are just around the corner. Housekeepers were always prompt with cleaning and service. Also, though it's not a resort, you are in walking distance of La Concha (we took advantage of the free drinks in the casino and of course the casino itself) and the Marriott (which has a Casino as well and salsa night on Friday and Saturday...we got to see a live band and danced!).

Cons - a bit older and our room was on the smaller side. If you want bigger, I'd say go for the penthouse suite.

I'd highly recommend if you're looking to not spend much on a hotel!

Room Tip: We had a double room, but I'd suggest go for the penthouse suite!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

567 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Absolutely nothing I didn't like about Coral Princess. Location was perfect- one block away from everything you need: bars, restaurants, stores and a 24-hour drugstore and restaurants. Safe area- never felt unsafe at night.

Absolutely loved that you needed to be buzzed into the hotel's main entrance- since I traveled alone, this was important to me. If you're not staying there, you're not welcomed- this was a great safety feature! The staff was amazingly helpful- every single one of them. The cleaning staff was on point! Every time I returned, I really felt like I was coming home to my very own clean, quiet, cozy and well air-conditioned apartment.

The room was perfect: I stayed in room 12- one bed, wine cooler (water for one dollar, local beer for 2 dollars), flat screen tv, very clean bathroom and awesome spa tub. Plenty of room for me! Outside of the room was also great: pool, jacuzzi, sun deck, free breakfast from 7a-10a.

If I had to be picky, I'd say that they should bolt the room's safe into the wall. However, I doubt anyone would try to steal a HUGE case thru the hotel's only entrance- where a staff member is there 24 hours. So I was ok with the safe.

Loved everything about this hotel. This was my second time staying at a boutique hotel- my first experience was in LA, and it was awful. I'd definitely stay at Coral again. They truly created the handbook on hospitality- both physically (hotel design) and personal (friendly and helpful crew). This hotel made my solo trip to Condado one I will never forget. I miss my little "apartment 12" already. I hope they can keep the price per night as reasonable as it was. I'll be back! -Rodriguez

Room Tip: I stayed in room 12- facing the street. Traffic noise on Friday night- but it was exciting hearing t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Good stay in the heart of Condado. Cozy place with all the accommodations needed at an affordable price. Breakfast is included and they have a very nice spread. Very good stay, we will definitely come back again. Keep it up.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Im a Puerto Rico Tourism Company worker. I never believe that a small place had a great taste. Everytime that you see a small boutique hotel you compare it with a bigger one but this one can fight with another hotels and have a great experience. I will come back again and stay. I love the touch of "Couples Retreat" that they got.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Loved my stay at this quaint boutique hotel. The blooming orchids and tropical flowers all over the property are beautiful. The staff was magnificent. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I traveled solo and felt very safe since at night you have to be buzzed in and there was always someone at the front desk. Will stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I don't usually write reviews..my stay in san juan was beyond horrible. Stay in old san juan or in other places such as culebra or rincon.

Stayed here for 6 days july 2013 with my family. 10 min from the airport..taxi is about $19 to $25 to the hotel..most staff were friendly...a few were snobbish or just ddidn't care. No hi/hello.

Breakfast is ok. Hard boiled eggs..croissants..waffles ..ham..yogurt..pastry (hard)..some fruits..cereals..juice/coffee..felt like we were being watched while we take our food. They give you very small plates that they rewash..so tiny only a croissant fit on it. Don't even mind the crappy breakfast..but the staff watching you like you're gonna steal it..really? Theres RAID roach spray behind the island table.

I asked for some new towels one night coming back from old san juan and the front desk guy wouldnt give me any until I brought down the old ones?

Bathroom wasnt so clean..everything in the room was tiles..how hard is it to use clorox?

Went to the washroom in the middle of the night..turned on the light and a big cacroach ran towards me. Dont know what is was..I am not very picky when it comes to hotels as I do plan to stay in it all day. But I would not stay here again.

Pros..Buses to old san juan is about 5 min away for 75 cents..in front of la concha hotel. You will wait 45 min to an hour and a half for it..going there and back. Renting a car is a great idea but this hotel only has 4 parking space. Taxis will cost you a fortune each time. Pay the extra $$ for a hotel with free parking..

• Stayed July 2013
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Coral Princess for a couple of nights while on a weekend trip to San Juan. This hotel is very cute. Helpful staff. Clean rooms. Does have a few issues but we'd stay again if/when we travel as a couple. First, parking was not very clear on the hotel website. There are about 4 spots off-street for guests. The public lot guests are permitted to use is about a block away (I was a little concerned as it is not close enough to see or keep a close-eye on your vehicle). We parked here only one night because we were able to get a hotel spot the next day. It costs $13/day to park on the public lot. There is also on-street parking very close nearby but hard to get Second, in-room wifi was very sketcthy. Our router didn't work at all so we had to use another rooms access which wasnt very fast, but it did work. The hot tub, needs to be repaired or replaced; we could not get it to work (the buttons were very worn) so we just went to the pool. No fridge in room, I would've preferred a mini fridge over the wine cooler: although the drinks stocked were very reasonably priced we could not store food in the fridge because the lowest temp was about 45°. The air conditioner leaked in our room (likely had not been reported and I forgot to do so when checking out; it was room 12, in case CPH staff read the reviews). Lastly try to NOT stay in a room facing Magdalena Ave. it gets noisy with cars hocking, sirens, and the late night crowd screaming and yelling loudly as they walk pass. The hotel is absolutely the cutest I've stayed in thus far. Lots of public spaces I.e. the reading room, the patio on the 1st floor, the 3rd floor lounge, the rooftop patio, and the pool, theres a microwave on the first floor and juice station that we used late one night Breakfast was nice...typical continental, very awkward flow though, you really had to wait if it got busy, there just wasnt enough room to move around (the two tables next to bar should maybe be square vs. round and should only seat two vs. three). This place is very budget friendly and likely the cutest in the Condado area. Just a little more attention to details could help make it a 5/5 for me.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coral Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!