“winter vacation” 4 of 5 stars

2 Vendig St., San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Oceano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 628 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Eclectic, Puerto Rican
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: OCEANO brings you flavors and aromas from around the world with a tropical flair. From ceviches to pizzettas to samurai bites, taste our world.
Hampton, Virginia
“winter vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

the atmosphere and scenery was the best thing about this restaurant. The brunch buffet was ok, they had a live jazz band and 3 levels for seating.

Visited January 2014

Puerto Rico
“On point service, food and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I live in San Juan and have heard, but never tried this restaurant before. After finishing my meal tonight I realized that was a HUGE mistake. I should have been her years ago! This is one of my top 3 restaurants that I have ever been to, and it was the first of many visits for years to come. The setting right by the ocean is gorgeous, and the decor is very chic and modern. The food was AMAZING. It's hard to single out good dishes when everything in the menu is spectacular. If i had to though, my top choices would be the Tuna Tar-Tar, the fried yuca calamari, and the mofongo with shrimp. Also, kudos to the staff (Giovanni, Bernice, the lovely hostess, and even the owner who greeted us upon arrival) who were very warm and welcoming. Will be back very soon!

Toronto, Canada
“This was a favourite!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

It was our second night in the Condado Beach and unsure where we should dine. We managed to score a late reservation at Oceano and it was a favourite on our entire trip. Sitting out on the back deck and overlooking the water was divine. We ordered their appetizer and entrée recommendations and the food was amazing. Lucky for us there was some fireworks from the park down the street and we had the bonus of that view too! A truly memorable night!

• Visited December 2013
Havre de Grace, Maryland
“Great Location - Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I were in Puerto Rico for her birthday from January 15 to 22, 2014. We stayed at the Marriot - Stellaris and on the day we arrived we asked Enrique at the front desk for a restaurant recommendation withing walking distance. He said we had to go to Oceano and then made a call to reserve our table. It was about a 7 minute walk and WOW. We had a table outside on a deck next to a railing where we could watch the moon and ocean. It was a beautiful setting.

The good news is the quality of the service and the quality of the food matched the wonderful setting. I had scallops and my wife had some of the best chicken she has ever had.

It was great!

New York
“Gorgeous setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were totally surprised when we walked into this restaurant. It is chic, modern and sits directly on the ocean. The night we ate here there was a full moon. It was like a Hollywood movie set. Loved it. And the food was great also. I had the scallops with sweet potatoes. I highly recommend it. My husband had the shrimp and he too was very pleased with the choice. You must go to this lovely restaurant when you are in San Juan.

• 4 of 5 stars Food