“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Miramar

Save Saved
You added Hotel Miramar to your Saves list
Hotel Miramar
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   606 Ponce de Leon Avenue | Miramar, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #21 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Bronx, New York
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a great Hotel for a small hotel. Rooms are clean and roomy. Staff knowledgable and pleasant. No there is no pool but there is a work-out room and sundeck. Small parking on the back of the hotel but if you cannot find parking they will take care of your car and park it for you. Very close to old San Juan and the beach. Great location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the location and price promotion. For the money we saved, Hotel
Miramar was the best choice. The hotel was inviting and clean. The staff was knowledgeable and very accommodating. The rooms are spacious and clean. We had everything we needed near by.
I wanted to get married in San Juan and I needed only one night stay before leaving for my honeymoon the next day. My fiancé and I did not know the area so we relied on the staff at the hotel. Jill and Martin gave us excellent customer service. I first contacted Jill about us having our wedding ceremony pronounced at the hotel. She assured me that she would contact the manager to make sure it was ok to do that. Jill contacted me in a timely manner for us to make plans. She also gave us a room with the a better view. On the day of our arrival I met Jill and Martin. Martin is the hotel manager. Martin went over and beyond customer service to make sure that our expectations were met. He even took pictures for us and e-mailed them to us. Our first night as husband and wife at Hotel Miramar will never be forgotten. We could have spent our first night as husband and wife any where else in San Juan but, we are very pleased that we stayed at Hotel Miramar. We would like to thank Martin and Jill for making our wedding a day at Hotel Miramar an unforgettable memory.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhodes, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very nice hotel, great location for us, near the bridge, in front there is a bus station to go to Old San Juan which is about 15-20' by Bus. And also very close to the port where we had to catch our cruise ship. We suggest it for sure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My family and I spent one night at Hotel Miramar before our cruise out of San Juan. We arrived late at night and left early the next day. The room was small, but clean, with two double beds. I'm not a big fan of double beds because it's not very comfortable for two adults, but it was fine for one night. I would not have stayed longer because of this.

The bathroom was clean, but small. The room had both a refrigerator and microwave, which was very helpful for keeping our water bottles cold.

There is a supermarket a few minutes walk up the road. I went there by myself and never felt uneasy. It's a busy street, with some restaurants up the road as well.

The rooftop terrace is really cool, with incredible views. We went up and took a couple of pictures the following morning.

They did store our luggage so we could do some sightseeing before our cruise. There is usually a small restaurant attached to the lobby and they had us put the luggage in there. There was no lock on the door, but we made sure we didn't leave any valuables. Still, when we returned to the hotel, there was no one at the front desk, so we went in a grabbed our luggage and left. Just about anyone could have done that too, which made me uneasy.

I would recommend this hotel for short stays if you have a family. Worked great for us!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vallejo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed at this wonderful hotel with my fiancee. The staff couldn't have been friendlier. Martin at the front desk was so kind. He recommended the Peruvian restaurant down the street for dinner one evening and hit the nail on the head. The food was fantastic. The rooms had a great view. The room was comfortable and well appointed. The hotel was a short bus ride to Old San Juan.
The night time view from the rooftop desk is gorgeous. My fiancee and I enjoyed a couple evenings listening to the coquis and watching the skyline.
I will definitely be returning to this great hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The stay at this hotel was great. great location. I must compliment Chris, Luis and Jill at the front desk, they were very helpful and warm. keep it up. good staff. I was there in august for six days. the view over the lake is marvellous and Puerto rico is very attractive.

Room Tip: wifi in rooms is marvellous. have a room that is high up and that is facing the sea or lake side. a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Danville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

A small very comfortable hotel ideal if you are going on a cruise. Very close to the port and also ideal for seeing Old San Juan. Great restaurant just around the corner, and a Peruvian restaurant about 3 minutes up the road. A Pueblo supermarket also 3 minutes, and a really great small store about 5 minutes walk up the road on the right; it looks like a private house, but well worth finding. They also sell a variety of hot food. Overall Hotel Miramar is OK for a couple of nights, but no longer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Miramar? Share your experiences!