“Great hotel for budget travel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Miramar

You added Hotel Miramar to your Saves list
Hotel Miramar
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   606 Ponce de Leon Avenue | Miramar, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Cumming, Georgia
“Great hotel for budget travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Hotel Miramar is a great place to stay if you are traveling on a budget and need a hotel only to crash at night. It's very well located, close to Old San Juan and the Condado area.
The overall service could improve a lot and so can the bistro in the hotel but there's a good breakfast place right across the street.

Overall a great hotel for a budget conscious traveler!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Salisbury, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

3 hours before my flight was supposed to leave and I was checking out, Martin at the front desk told me that something had happened to my rental car while the valet was moving it around the night before. The valet driver had side swiped a concrete elecric box causing $1000 dollars of damage according to enterprise. He assured me that the hotels insurance company would pay for the damages and told me not to worry and that he was really sorry for what had happened. A police report was filed, security report, etc. Three months later enterprise has called and said that the hotels insurance company refuses to pay for the damages. I call Miramir and they say that they are now not resposible since the valet is free and its now my fault that the valet worker damaged my car. I strongly do not recommend this hotel. It is owed by people who are not trustworthy. Now I have a $1000.00 repair bill to pay since the insurance I have to cover my driving is outdated and too late to claim; but I guess Miramir new that.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Traveled to PR for 4 days. Loved my stay here. Grocery store, great resturants, Conado strip, small beach are within walking distance no more than 15min. Bus that goes to old San juan is right across the street for 0.75 cents. If you dont mind a short walk, this hotel's location will save you on cab fair. Hotel held my bags even after check out until my flight time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Port Angeles, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just got back from 3 nights in the Hotel Miramar and I was favorably impressed. The staff was very friendly and competent. Iris did a good job of getting me checked in, and booking a tour for me. Right from the beginning, I felt comfortable in the Miramar.

The room was good sized and clean. The beds were comfortable. As mentioned by a few others, there was some noise from the hall, but wasn’t bad at all. A couple of things I really liked about the hotel were the roof top terrace (try it at sunset) and the location. It was an easy 75 cent bus ride to Old San Juan, and there are decent restaurants and a market just up the street. I didn’t go out during the late night, but doing the day and evening, I never had any issues about safety.

A couple of quick notes about San Juan. I had looked at taking the airport shuttle back and forth, but the taxi was cheaper. They charge a fixed rate depending on the area you are going to. For the Hotel Miramar, it was $18 each way to the airport.

English was spoken most places I went, but there were almost no signs in English and very little English on the menus.

Watch the harbor and try to avoid Old San Juan when the cruise ships are in. There were 5 ships the day I went, and the late morning, early afternoon crowds were pretty impressive. Eat lunch early or wait until later because the restaurants get pretty packed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Peopleton, Worcestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights following a Caribbean cruise. The hotel is reasonably priced, convenient and comfortable. We were out exploring San Juan and Puerto Rico most of the time so the lack of facilities in the hotel was not a problem. Rooms were comfortable. There was free internet access (why do cheaper hotels provide this and more expensive ones charge?). The Bistro attached to the hotel was expensive and not much used - we got breakfast for half the price over the road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the Hotel Miramar, prior to catching a cruise.Our stay was a very positive experience.
The gentleman at the front desk was so friendly and helpful, and gave us tips about where to eat in the neighbourhood, local shopping, attractions to see etc.
Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet.
We especially loved the rooftop patio. We bought some snacks and drinks at the grocery store one block up the street from the hotel, and then each evening sat up there and enjoyed the view and ambience while noshing.
The hotel is close to a local cafe, bank, grocery store, fast food establishments, movie theatre etc. We were surprised to read in some reviews that others felt the area around the hotel was unsafe. We felt exactly the opposite. Yes, it is true there are a couple of unoccupied buildings nearby, but we did not feel that because of this, our safety was compromised. There were always local people on the streets, out and about doing what normal citizens do in their own neighbourhood. This is an authentic area, unlike the artificial hotel zone a short walk away over the bridge. We felt blessed to have had a chance to stay here as opposed to staying at the hotel zone nearby.
The hotel was a great value, and we would certainly stay here again if we return to San Juan. Our taxi driver was familiar with the hotel and had no difficulty driving us here from the airport. While staying there, we used the local bus , caught at the bus stop nearby, to travel to the old town area. Very convenient.
We did go in to the little restaurant on the premises for coffee, drinks and dessert but we did not eat our meals there. As a result, we cannot comment on the eating establishment on site.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is the second year we stayed at this hotel before cruising. Will I return for a third time, yes without a doubt. The price is reasonable, the hotel is clean and very quiet, what more can you ask. The staff is friendly and always ready to help.
Your can catch a bus in front of the hotel for 50 cents, which gets you in the old San Juan.
There are restaurants and stores with walking distance.
However service in the hotel restaurant is slow, can be improved.

Room Tip: Both times room was located on 6th floor, very, very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Miramar? Share your experiences!