I recently stayed at this hotel for my vacation and I must say I was thoroughly impressed, despite the negative comments I read on here prior to staying here. Check in was very easy, the front desk person was very helpful. The room was on the small size, especially the bathroom but that was okay by me. I was the only one in the room and it was perfect. The bathroom was clean, the shower was absolutely amazing. The beds were so comfortable and I love the seating area where I could set up my netbook. Thank God for free wi-fi, which acted up a little bit (as with any wi-fi) but for the most part I was able to manage. The best part of my stay was the continental breakfast on the rooftop of the hotel. I took the elevator to the 7th floor and walked up 2 flights of stairs. The breakfast was good but the view from the rooftop was absolutely amazing! The location of the hotel was fantastic, although the neighborhood was not all it was craked up to be. However, I am used to that being that I am an native New Yorker. The hotel was within walking distance to the beach, Walgreens (which was open 24 hours), Burger King, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Church's Chicken, Ponderosa restaurant and the bus stop to Old San Juan. Check out was fantastic! I did not have to bring my hotel key back to the front desk. All I had to do was leave it in the room and leave. Talk about express check out!
If you are looking for a simple hotel with friendly staff, adequate accommodations, convenient location, and breakfast with a fantastic view...this is the hotel for you! I would definitely stay in this hotel again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone!
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn El Portal Hotel San Juan
- Quality Inn El Portal Hotel
- Quality Inn San Juan
- San Juan Quality Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect for leisure and business travelers alike, the Quality Inn El Portal in San Juan features free high speed wireless internet service, free al-fresco roof-top breakfast buffet, Pizzeria La Competencia on premises, comfortable guestrooms, and personalized service. The hotel is located in the trendy Condado Beach area with its casino, boutique shops, dining and entertainment opportunities, and is just minutes from Old San Juan, the Cruise Ship Terminal, the Puerto Rico Convention Center, and an endless array of other great attractions, business, and historic sites. Come home to Puerto Rico at the Quality Inn El Portal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn El Portal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.