“TERRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Clemenceau 6 | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Branson, Missouri
“TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The only good thing we have to say about this Comfort Inn was the desk clerk. Nasty rooms with black hairs on the bathroom floors. The plaster in our room was falling off, sheets were terrible. We have always used comfort inns and suites, but DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS ONE AT ALL. Please don't stay here because you will be very disappointed and upset as we were

Room Tip: Just don't waste your time here
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I paid $109/nightly for this hotel by enrolling in the preferred customer package. I'll just give pros and cons because I think that's easiest:
Pros: the hotel was literally a block from the beach and Ashford Avenue, the main strip through Condado with restaurants, stores, and bars. It took less than two minutes to get to the beach area in front of the the La Concha Hotel. There was also park La Ventana with the plaza that had Ben & Jerrys, Waffler Avenue, and an Italian Place. Ben & Jerry's and Waffler Avenue were great. So, for the proximity to the beach it was great and a great price. There was also free breakfast served in the morning with pastries, cereals, pre-made omelets, sausages, eggs, yogurt, coffee, orange and cranberry juice, and waffles. It was nice to not to go out for breakfast, to just eat and then head to the beach. The staff was pretty nice and helpful. Got us checked in and called a cab on the last day for us. Our room was pretty clean and we got new towels and sheets everyday. The room and bathroom were actually quite large, someone complained that they weren't. There was also a safe in the very large closet. The safe was big enough to fit mine and my fiance's laptops and Kindles in. The TV was a flat screen and we got HBO and various other channels. Also, the rooms looked very different from the pictures in a good way. There is all tile flooring in the rooms and bathroom. The bathroom had a huge counter and there was a large dresser and little table with coffee maker. The pool area was pretty and my fiance swam once.He said it was cold so I didn't get in.

Cons: The last two days of our stay the air conditioning unit was either not functioning properly or something. Our room was so humid the sheets had a damp feeling to them as did our clothes and other things. While I would not say it was the worst damp problem I have ever seen it was annoying and uncomfortable. As it did not happen the first 3 days I wondered if the unit was malfunctioning. Maybe if I had asked they would have done something. But it was very uncomfortable to come back from being in the sun expecting a cool room and it was sticky and hot instead. Also our toilet clogged twice and when I told them the woman at the desk said it was because we flushed toilet paper. Um what am I supposed to do with the toilet paper? Gross. The hotel was extremely muggy at times and had a damp smell. Our room wasn't like this the first days just the last two. Our room was also downstairs and had no windows. Also, I asked for a fridge for my fiance's insulin and they never brought it.This was on Monday and we stayed until Friday.We kept it on ice but would have preferred a fridge. Maybe I should have asked ahead of time.

To sum it up if you are traveling on a budget go here. It is even closer to the beach than Google maps shows. If I went again I might stay at a more upscale hotel on the beach because of them having chairs on the beach and possibly better air conditioning.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room with no windows.If you want a room with windows you might want to request...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed here from March 10th through 14th in room 604. The location is excellent. Very close to the Condado Laguna. Several restaurants, hotels, shops are across the street. If you walk to the Condado bridge, you can take one of the two streets which go directly to Old San Juan - a popular destination. Isla Verde is about 2.5 miles on the right side of the hotel. The rooms are big and comfortable. WIFI is excellent. Airconditioning is very effective (sometimes too cold). The breakfast is good, if you eat non-veg. I am vegan, so my options were limited. But, THE BEST PART OF THIS HOTEL IS - NORA, at the front desk. She is absolutely amazing. Makes you feel like family. She has answers and advice for everything. Always ready to help. I used to look forward to her shift which began at 2pm until 10pm. She is a real GEM at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

For $145 per night, I expect at least the walls and doors to be painted instead of seeing lots of chipped paint. Even the door jamb was rusted. At little TLC goes a long way. Sure it was only for one night for a cruise, but still it was crummy considering how a fresh painted door or wall would have gone a long way. There's no reason it needs to look that junky considering the price. Oh and when we first checked in at Noon they tried to give us a room with no windows. Granted it was noon, but no windows, how creepy.

Room Tip: Don't get 101 it has no windows
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Peabody, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The accessible room was pretty good. The door to enter the room had a card that you pressed against a reader and a lever handle to open the door, it was a little heavy. The storage drawers were accessible. The bathroom had a large sink with no cabinet below and the shower was a roll in type. It only had a small plastic seat in it but I bring my own padded travel transfer bench and it fit in the shower. It had a hand held shower hose. The toilet was a raised type. The mirrors were low enough to see yourself. The closet had small doors and it was difficult to reach in and access the hangers and bar. The beds were pretty high to transfer into but they were comfortable. The light controls were within reach as were most outlets. The ramp to enter the hotel was pretty steep, greater than code of 8.3% but there was a push button to open the door. The offered breakfast was very good with omelets, sausages, cereal, muffins..... things were pretty accessible by side approach and the staff was very helpful and even helped to take things back to my room. There was no lift for the pool but stairs and a railing going in. There was maid service every day and fresh towels. The hotel itself was about a block back from the beach but really a great location. Just a roll up the street and it was the main Blvd with the beach, all the major hotels and casinos and plenty of great places to eat. I was told there was accessible bus service to Old San Juan, about 15/20 min away, but I was hard pressed to find it and I don't think there were accessible taxis. I hooked up with Transportation Publico through the San Juan Independent Living Center and they had vans with lifts. For the price I would stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
long island, ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I needed one night in San Juan before flying out to culebra. Because I was there for winter break and everything was sold out or too expensive, we decided to just stay here since it was cheap and it was only for sleeping.. It was clean and fine.. Bathroom is tiny with no counter space and the toilet has to be flushed like 5x to get it flushed..around the block from the beach, and nice restaurants.. Great wifi!! The free breakfast I glanced at, and decided not to try anything but the coffee.. Even that was gross.. Overall for 12 hours of sleeping its fine, more than that go elsewhere!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Manager Azmina was available and helpful as were the other staff members. Your hotel was comfortable and very convenient to stores and beach. I also appreciated the room our group met in downstairs. The computer was easily available. Staff members even helped with my computer goofs. Although I never used the pool, I understand it was seldom crowded.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!