“Location is the biggest perk” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Clemenceau 6 | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Staten Island, New York
“Location is the biggest perk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

After our flight was cancelled from a trip to a resort, we needed to find a last minute hotel reservation in San Juan for the night. I was traveling with 2 small children and wanted a pool. Unknown to me it was a Puerto Rican holiday weekend and there were only 3 hotels available with vacancy. We decided on the "Chain" hotel since we thought it may be consistent quality. This was the only hotel I stayed at in PR, only resorts before. If I were in NY with the room in this quality, In would have walked out. But, all in all, the location made up for the poor upkeep. It was clean which was all that mattered.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Spring Hill, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night post cruise. Pros and cons of this hotel. It is a liitle complicated to get to at night. We had a gps in our rental car and without it we would have been totally lost. The traffic patterns and the place we had to turn to get here was complicated. Once we arrived at the hotel the room lived up to our expectations. We had a very clean room that was nicely decorated with cold air. The bathroom was clean and yes the wifi worked in our room. The hotel staff was concerned it might not work as they had some problems with it and warned us prior to check in however there was no problem with the wifi. The pool area is small but clean and pretty. It was late in the evening and early April so the water was too cool for me. We walked to the local shops and casino. There is plenty to offer in walking distance for day or evening with shops, bars, cafes and tourist attractions in easy distance. It is a short walk to the beach also. I would love to revisit this hotel and area. They have a very good continental breakfast with a variety of hot and cold choices such as omelets, breakfast meats, waffles and hot cereals along with the usual choices of toast and cereal. I did not care for the coffee at the breakfast. But the in room coffee was fine. All in all I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a king room that was very comfortable
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel is centrally located, 1 block away from the main avenue with shopping and restaurants. Across the street from the shopping avenue is the beach. Hotel next door is a little sketchy, though. The hotel is no frills; one added touch was the daily breakfast of eggs, sausages, cereal and pastries. Wi-fi worked, but connection was slow. Hotel did not accommodate special requests for the room. Ice machine and vending machine is beside the pool, outdoors on the 1st floor. Beware that there is no carpet anywhere in the hotel, and that everything echoes in the hallway. You WILL hear your neighbors when they open and shut their doors, especially if they slam the door (was awaken by that a few times). Overall, good deal for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at this motel with three freinds for night prior to a cruise trip. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are rather small but efficient. We even saw a small part of the ocean from our room. It is on a side street with no noise at all. To the beach it is only about two minutes. There are several shops around and as many restaurants. We even went for a walk to downtown San Juan, which is about 2 miles. But it is a very nice walk along the ocean and through a park, so it doesn't feel that far. A bus stop is near the motel, so you can take the bus, too (0,75$). Breakfast was good: waffles, toast, sausages, muffins, cereals, ... They have a small pool behind the motel, but it has large walls around it, which make it look even smaller. But who needs a pool, with the ocean just a small walk away.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Reston, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently for 1 night after arriving on a late flight to SJU. Check in was quick and easy. The room was windowless and the bathroom floor was kind of dirty. (There was dirt and other people's hair under the sink/bathroom counter.) We were on the first floor and you could hear everything from the hall - footsteps, doors opening/closing, etc.

Breakfast was good. I appreciated being able to make a waffle.

I was annoyed that even though I pre-paid for the room, they wanted an extra $5 occupancy fee before I checked out. Also, the exit gate from their lot does not open automatically. You have to go inside and ask them to open it. My husband said that they had to use a mop handle to work the contraption that opened the gate. With a charge of $16/night for parking, you'd think they would be able to have a working gate.

All things considered, the price was good and the location was good. I would likely not go back because I felt nickled and dimed, the room was not as clean as I would have liked, and it was too noisy.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Rooms are nice and in a good location for Old San Juan and shopping. Internet was not very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful, above all they are honest. I misplaced my camera and they found it and went out of their way to get it to me. Thankfully! I'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

The smallest bathroom I've ever seen. Just an ok room. For the price you can do better. Front staff not overly friendly upon check in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!