“Excellent meal” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Organic, Seafood, Vegetarian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Organic farm veggies and market fish arrive daily. Our main attraction is the chef's crew production which changes daily according to availability. Organic wine list and Botanical Bar. No reservations. Limited seating.
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Met up with friends for dinner at 6 when they open. Long line outside waiting for verde to open. I had the special, scallops with parsnip puree and fig foam, an organic malbac. Delicious and not too epensive.

Visited February 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The decor is quaint and charming, the staff very friendly, the service is great, and the food is wonderful! I had the Verde Mesa Rice dish and it was like nothing I've ever had before. The flavors were finely-tuned and worked together so well! I can't begin to describe how lovely it was.

The chef went around asking all the diners how they were enjoying their meals. As far as I could tell, everyone loved the place.

Saving the best for last... we had the Ginger Creme Brulé for dessert. I have to say that it was the BEST dessert I've had in ANY restaurant, EVER! (and I hear their "Purple Cloud" is even better). I wish we could go back right now!

reston va
“Best Vegetarian Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Was recommended by staff at El Convento.

Wonderful experience. Cozy and well decorated. Started with custom drinks all so unique, flavorful (and healthy).

Food was fantastic. I had a rice dish with amazing spices and vegetables.

Best vegetarian experience we ever recall.

Pickering, Canada
“Fantastic!, creative, impeccable service with a eclectic atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

What a treasure in the heart of Old San Juan. A very creative menu that made it very difficult to choose. Accompanied by some wonderful infusions the meal took our taste buds on a wonderful journey. Highly recommend if you're looking for something nice in the Old San Juan. Loved the lavender cured salmon and the grilled portobello with red quinoa and mango. Service from all the staff was seamless and attentive.

Visited January 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“I am glad we waited”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Wife and I got a recommendation from a friend who lived in PR to check this place out and we are very glad we did. It is a challenge to find any vegetarian options in PR, let alone a delicious vegetarian meal. If you are a vegetarian it would be a crime for you to miss this place on your visit. If you are not a vegetarian, it would still be a crime for you to miss this place, just a different type of crime.

This is one of the best meals I have every eaten - and it was completely vegetarian. I love meat, but would gladly give it up if I had this food available to me every day.

Service got a ding from us just because for all of the work put into the food and decor to create a charmingly unique atmosphere, it was lacking that wonderful service that one would expect. It is hard to explain and maybe just they were having an off night, but we never got the sense that when we walked in the door that the staff was happy to see us or that they were happy to serve us. It is a small enough place (maybe 8 tables) that little things like the sigh of a waitress after explaining a specials dish, or the "auctioning" of the entrees when they come out really stand out. It certainly would not be enough to keep us away were we to visit San Juan again, but it was something we both noticed and commented on afterwards.

Recommendation: Get in line at least a half hour before they open (opens at 6) if you wish to eat early in the evening. We arrived 15 min after they opened and had to wait till 7:30 to get a table for 2.