“From Missouri to El Prado (Delightful)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Prado Inn

El Prado Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Juan
El Prado Inn
You added El Prado Inn to your Saves list
1350 Calle Luchetti | Condado, San Juan 00907, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #21 of 27 San Juan B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“From Missouri to El Prado (Delightful)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2005

My wife and I and another couple stayed at a big resort before our cruise,
and 3 days at El Prado Inn after our cruise. We liked El Prado better! We sat in the lovely pool patio sipping our drinks, wondering “why did we ever stay at --- in Isla Verde, when we could have been here?” For one thing, the area of Condado where El Prado is located is much more upscale, with more interesting things to do within walking distance. The very accomodating staff will give you wonderful recommendations about where to eat and what to see and how to get there, and the owner was gracious and very knowledgeable about art galleries and concerts. The rooms are clean and comfortable with fat towels and plenty of pillows. No, we didn’t see ants in the sugar or in the luggage or anything else to mar our delightful stay. For the price you just can’t get any better.

Families
Couples
Solo
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2005

We had a great experience here for 1 night post-cruise. The inn is very cute. The pool is small, but nice and relaxing. The rooms are quaint, and very comfortable. We had a room with a king bed, which was very comfortable. The guy at the front desk (I forget his name) was very helpful. He carried both of our HEAVY bags up the stairs for us to the room! It was very impressive, and much appreciated. If you're looking for something other than the big chain hotels, this is a good alternative.

• Stayed February 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2005

I really do not understand why people say the place was terrible because I loved it compared to other place I found the place very cute and as i understand the ants are not controled by humans also have to remember that you are visiting a island can't expect the conditions to be the same as in the U.S. I also found that the staff is very hard workingand very willing to help out with any needs and if I would have listened to comments of ohter people I would have missed out on a very nice visit to a small but quaint place.

Santa Clara, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2005

If you want a dirty room with ants and poor service then the Prado is for you. This place does not deserve to even be in the Condado area. THe owner thinks she owns the best hotel in town, but after staying there one night (could not stand there an extra night) I have come to the conlusion that it is the worst hotel on the island. BUYERS BEWARE, DO NOT STAY THERE !!

• Stayed January 2005
San Juan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2005

We were in need of warm weather and some hot music, and to have some fun. Booked El Prado Inn in San Juan. Great Choice! It’s family owned and run, and we very graciously treated by everyone there. Michael in particular set us up with great “inside” information about all the hot local places to go dancing and hear music. The location of this cute little hotel is in walking distance to everything, the beach, good food, entertainment, and you get to register your car for free parking on the premises. We will definitely be back!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2005

El Prado is a great value for the money. I enjoyed being in a safe accesible area to bus lines, restaurants of all kinds and a supermarket.
The desk clerk, Carlos , was very helpful. He got us some great deals on tours! The cleaning staff were always friendly, courteous and efficient. My only complaint has to do with the way the owner handled dealing with her employees. I am on vacation and it is none of my business, to hear her yelling or talking rudely to her employees. I thought it just happened to me, but other guests said they witnessed the same behavior.So if you dont mind staying with dysfunctional family behavior, this is a great deal!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2004

my husband & I went to San Juan, Puerto Rico on Nov 16. I even had my birthday there. El Prado Inn is not a fancy one but a very charming, simple, clean, quiet, safe & small inn nestled in an affluent residential area. friendly & efficient staff especially Carlos Colon who's very informative when it comes to tourist attractions & transportation in Condado. More power to El Prado & to you Carlos.Viva!!!

Been to El Prado Inn? Share your experiences!