“Condado Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Condado Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel service was perfect. They updated reservation to a nice suite with ocean view balcony and a little kitchen.
The hotel location is close to the Condado beach and main restaurants in the area.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Henry N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our suite product. Our booking trends show that it is rapidly becoming a favorite of our guests. We are located a short walk from the beach and many great restaurants. If I can be of additional assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at 787-648-8834 or Hneumann@condadopalm.com.
A la orden,
Henry Neumann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Menifee, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very close to everything you need for a few days in PR. Many restaurant options within walking distance, pharmacy across the street, the beach is right there as well, i went for an early evening swim with my mom...so relaxing and enjoyable. Taxi's right outside to take you were you want to go. Free breakfast ...the oatmeal is amazzzing. Nice quiet and clean pool and gym areas as well

Room Tip: get a ocean view so beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently booked 5 nights here for a conference that I attended at the convention center. This hotel looked great on the website, however, in person was a different story. When I arrived, the lobby was clean and looked nice. This too was deceiving. My room was not cleaned very well (old fruit and water bottles where left in the fridge, a trash receptacle was left full in one of the closets, the bathroom was dirty). When I reported it, however, the staff were extremely understanding and responsive. I give the customer service here a 5 star rating. Additionally, I booked an ocean view suite but my room had a partial ocean view with a full view of the city. The staff took care of that and allowed me to move to a room with a full ocean view. The breakfast was average and the hotel location was excellent! There is a cvs and walgreens on both corners and the bus stops is in front of the cvs and takes you to the convention center and Old San Juan. It only costs 75 cents to ride the bus, which is great because the cabs are expensive! Overall, I was happy with the staff particularly the manager (short guy, bald head, and glasses) whose name I can't remember but he was so sweet and helpful. The hotel, however, needs a complete upgrade and better cleaning staff.

Room Tip: the north tower has the ocean views.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Henry N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for staying at our property and taking the time to review your stay. I will personally talk with our executive housekeeper about your review. Its good to hear that Carlos, our Assistant Front Desk Manager, was able to assist you. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future. If I can be of additional assistance, please let me know. I can be contacted at 787-648-8834 or Hneumann@condadopalm.com.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I just Came from a great weekend and had a great one. Rooms are confortable have a pretty nice view and the best thing is the location. You are in the middle of condado and you have everithing near you, restaurants shooping and the beach its one block away. For shure im coming back pretty soon. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were there Oct 24-27. We booked due to the proximity to the beach and the fact that it was the Condado neighborhood at a really great price. I was a little apprehensive at first but staying there turned out to be a really smart decision.
First, I'd like to compliment the front desk staff - Alexandra, Verenize and Misael were beyond friendly and helpful. Any question we had was answered with a smile and if something needed to be supplied (such as extra towels), it was done so quickly. We felt like we had our own personal concierges.
Breakfast was included and there was a very decent selection of hot and cold items. There was never a need to eat out before lunchtime, which was later in the day for us, because we were so full from breakfast.
The rooms were certainly nice enough, clean with a fridge, microwave, safe & decent TV. The bathroom was clean and while not huge, large enough.
The location is excellent. There were ample buses (though don't even dream about taking the bus unless you have all the time in the world. There is no schedule and something that would take 15 minutes by taxi can easily take 2 hours by bus. When is the bus expected? When it gets there.) There are many restaurants (STAY AWAY from the Latin Star which is right around the corner - a real tourist trap in the worst sense. Horrible and overpriced. ) Orozco's, which was recommended by Misael is a few doors down. There was a wait. We found out the next day why it would have been worth it. Simply wonderful Puerto Rican cuisine. And for a beautiful romantic dinner, Oceana is delightful, but be prepared to spend. Only a short walk from the hotel.
The beach is only one short block away and they supplied us with towels! There is a small pool which is kept nicely, should you prefer that to the ocean, where the undertow can be strong.
There is a CVS on one corner and a Walgreen's on the other. You can get whatever you need there.
If you're looking for a decent place to stay at a good price and don't need luxury accommodations, you will be very happy here.

Room Tip: All rooms are really close to the elevator so no need to request something close for those with mobi...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Henry N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We take a lot of pride in providing excellent service to our guests. Verenize, Alexandra, and Misael will be recognized and rewarded for their attention with you. We are ideally located in the heart of Condado, a short hop from the beach, shops and restaurants. We actually have one bedroom suites with spectacular ocean views. If i can be of assistance, please feel free to contact directly at 787-648-8834 or Hneumann@condadopalm.com.
Saludos!!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check in was quick, front desk person was friendly. Everyone seems to be friendly!

Was in a room on 4th floor north tower. Room is clean, spacious. Bathroom is a bit small, but clean and fully functional. Room has TV, a safe, microwave and a small fridge. Air conditioning works good. But makes small rattle noise.

Bed is firm and comfortable.

In room WiFi signal is very good.

Coffee and tea are complimentary and available all day in the breakfast area.

Breakfast buffet includes toasts, oatmeal, different cereals, juices, milk, coffee, bananas, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, pastries, bagels, yogurt, etc.

Hotel has a small pool and a small gym on the first floor with 2 ellipticals and treadmills. Full set of weights. A LifeFitness multi function machine.

Parking at the hotel is $16 every 24 hours.

Very convenient location. One block away is the beach. Walgreens and CVS are across the street. Bus stop is in front of CVS.

The bus doesn't take paper money. You must have coins. Fares is $0.75. #21 and #53 go to Old San Juan. #53 goes to Island Verde in the opposite direction.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I ended up stranded for an extra night in San Juan after all puddle jumpers to small islands were canceled due to bad weather. I chose the Best Western since it's located in a good neighborhood about midway between the airport and Old San Juan, and was cheaper than the Hilton or Marriott. Overall, it's a perfectly fine place to stay for a night or two: the rooms are clean and spacious, though the bathrooms could use some updating. The WiFi signal was strong and consistent throughout the building. The fitness room has a good selection of machines and is well taken care of and, although it was raining heavily, I took a dip in the pool anyway, which is very small but clean. The breakfast buffet was underwhelming, but nobody stays at hotels like this for the food anyway. Nice and attentive staff, too. For the money ($220 for a 1-night stay, with the 30% in taxes added on to the base rate), it could be better, but overall, no complaints.

Room Tip: The hotel has 2 towers... try to get a room in the tower farther from the reception desk, as those s...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear Refugee,
I thank you for choosing to stay with us during your unexpected stay in San Juan. We are working on updating the bathroom product. If I can be of assistance in the future, please contact me at 787-648-8834 of Hneumann@condadopalm.com. Hopefully, we can be your asylum once again in the future.
Have a great day,
Henry E. Neumann

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!