I chose this place because of the price and decent reviews and am happy with my decision. Check in was easy, however I was not able to get an ocean view the first night due to being overbooked, even though I reserved it weeks before. But they gave me a pretty good discount for the inconvenience of having to move rooms after the first night, so no big deal. The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout the stay. I will say that the partial ocean view really wasn't worth it. There was only a small view between buildings and I actually like the regular room better.
The room was a basic Best Western room, which was fine with me. Decent size and was clean. I was worried about the loud music from outside after reading some reviews. There was some loud bass at times, but it never bothered me and I was only on the 6th floor. Housekeeping wasn't super great about keeping things stocked in the room, but minutes after calling the front desk, they brought what we needed.
The breakfast was not all that great, but pretty much what I expected from a free breakfast. Toast and breads, eggs, bacon, pancakes, juice. Good enough to get the day started.
The pool was shaded when I went, so it was colder than what I wanted, but I personally don't care much about the pool so it wasn't a big deal to me. Those that like to sunbathe would probably have to go to the beach to do that.
The $0.75 bus ride to Old San Juan was easy. Kind of a long wait to get back, but better than $15 cab ride.
Good selection of restaurants nearby, so you really don't need a rental car unless leaving Condado and OSJ. I had a rental car the whole time, but wish I had gotten one just for one day to go to El Yunque rain forest and just walked or taken the bus the rest of the time.
Having the Walgreens right across the street was great. It was nice to get bottled water and other items and only have to cross the street.
The gym was pretty decent and never anyone in it. There are a few treadmills, bicycle, dumbbells and a machine. Good enough to maintain while on vacation. If you are a body builder, then you probably won't like it.
The drinks at the bar were really good, and at a decent price, especially during happy hour. The coconut martini was great. There weren't many people in the bar each time we went though.
If you want to be right on the beach, then consider another property, but if you are okay with a one block walk and don't want to spend a fortune, this place is great. I would stay here again next time for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites – a modern hotel nestled in one of the most exclusive areas of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Peaceful, affordable and just steps away from a powdery-white beach, we pride ourselves on providing the best value at the best location. Our 151 rooms and suites feature contemporary decor and an array of convenient services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Palace Hotel And Casino
- Diamond Palace Hotel Casino