“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Austin, Texas
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I chose this place because of the price and decent reviews and am happy with my decision. Check in was easy, however I was not able to get an ocean view the first night due to being overbooked, even though I reserved it weeks before. But they gave me a pretty good discount for the inconvenience of having to move rooms after the first night, so no big deal. The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout the stay. I will say that the partial ocean view really wasn't worth it. There was only a small view between buildings and I actually like the regular room better.

The room was a basic Best Western room, which was fine with me. Decent size and was clean. I was worried about the loud music from outside after reading some reviews. There was some loud bass at times, but it never bothered me and I was only on the 6th floor. Housekeeping wasn't super great about keeping things stocked in the room, but minutes after calling the front desk, they brought what we needed.

The breakfast was not all that great, but pretty much what I expected from a free breakfast. Toast and breads, eggs, bacon, pancakes, juice. Good enough to get the day started.

The pool was shaded when I went, so it was colder than what I wanted, but I personally don't care much about the pool so it wasn't a big deal to me. Those that like to sunbathe would probably have to go to the beach to do that.

The $0.75 bus ride to Old San Juan was easy. Kind of a long wait to get back, but better than $15 cab ride.

Good selection of restaurants nearby, so you really don't need a rental car unless leaving Condado and OSJ. I had a rental car the whole time, but wish I had gotten one just for one day to go to El Yunque rain forest and just walked or taken the bus the rest of the time.

Having the Walgreens right across the street was great. It was nice to get bottled water and other items and only have to cross the street.

The gym was pretty decent and never anyone in it. There are a few treadmills, bicycle, dumbbells and a machine. Good enough to maintain while on vacation. If you are a body builder, then you probably won't like it.

The drinks at the bar were really good, and at a decent price, especially during happy hour. The coconut martini was great. There weren't many people in the bar each time we went though.

If you want to be right on the beach, then consider another property, but if you are okay with a one block walk and don't want to spend a fortune, this place is great. I would stay here again next time for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
LaGrange, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Nice, roomy but the toilet stools are very low to the floor. People were very helpful and gracious. Good continental breakfast. Close to the beach, if interested. Several restaurants nearby. A Walgreens across the street, selling almost anything you might want. We found you can even get a prescription through the Walgreen system, in an emergency.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CondadoPalm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hola Carolyn F,
Thank you for staying with us prior to going on your cruise. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast, and that our staff was helpful with restaurant recommendations. As you mention we are only 2 minutes from the beach and we have a 24-hours Walgreens just across the street. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.
Always at your service,

Bo Bramsen
bbramsen@condadopalm.com
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were taking a cruise out of San Juan and decided to stay a couple of days before the cruise and a day after. We booked into this hotel and it offered an excellent stay for us all. The location was close to dining, entertainment and taxis or location transportation. It was a $20 cab ride to either the airport or the cruise port.
The hotel was clean and the staff went out of their way to make sure that their guests were happy. We did have a faulty air conditioning unit in our room, but the service department were prompt on their repair. The front desk offered a few free drinks in their lounge as compensation for the minimal disruption.
A minor downside is that because of the hotel's location, the street noise could be heard well into the night. But we would book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Upper floors with partial ocean view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hola TorontoChip,
Thank you for your kind review. I was thrilled to read that enjoyed the hotel and the close proximity to restaurants and Old San Juan. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your A/C, but I am happy that our maintenance staff were quick to fix it to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com and I will be happy to assist you with any future reservations.
Always at your service,

Bo Bramsen
bbramsen@condadopalm.com
Astoria, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I liked this hotel very much. Very clean. We stayed on the 11th floor, it had a partial view on the ocean. 1 short block away from a nice beach. We were getting beach towels at the hotel, but had to pay extra at the beach to rent a beach chair and umbrella (later we stopped paying for an umbrella because of a shade from a building close to the ocean). The receptionists at the hotel gave us good recommendations for local restaurants close by and helped us book a trip to luminous waters (by the way, it was not impressive in comparison to the luminous lagoon in Jamaica and the ride was too long). The toiletries at the hotel are organics (for people who care, but I really do not). Also I liked that they serve coffee and tea even past breakfast time. I wish they had a coffee maker in the room, but they do not. However, other things such as fridge, safe, iron, microwave, hair dryer, big flat screen TV, music player are all available in the room. There is no DVD player, but good TV channels make up for it. I used the gym, it is clean and had everything I needed. The swimming pool is kinda small, but I am not a pool person anyway. As I read from other people's reviews, there is Walgreens across the street where you can find homeless persons :( Overall, it was affordable and very good hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Best Western on Condado and we enjoyed our stay. The location of the hotel is actually pretty great, right in the heart of Condado and two minutes away from the beach. We were lucky enough to stay on the 14th floor with a great view of the beach and San Juan.
Condado is a pretty happening place with lots of restaurants and bars and generally speaking the area feels very safe, even at night.
The breakfast at the hotel is not bad either. It has everything you need and apparently the menu changes every day which is great if you staying for a longer time.
There's a bar at the hotel as well. It's kind of small, but it has a nice intimate atmosphere and friendly staff. Overall, the hotel staff was also very helpful and friendly.
I would recommend the Best Western. Especially if you want to go out in the evening as there are lots of cool places and a casino within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights and we had a great time. The beach is only steps away from the hotel and our room had a nice view. The room was very well decorated and the beds vey comfortable. Breakfast was includded and was really good with bacon, eggs, fruits, etc. There is a pool in the hotel, free internet and also computers available next to the lobby. Although there is no restaurant in the hotel, there is a bar with happy hour and nice atmosphere and it is plenty of affordable restarunants in the area. The people from the reception was really nice and helpful and they gave us good advise about excursions and they also provided us with beach towels. It seems they are comfortable with one guest at a time, but if you come in the rush hour there might be some delays so don't expect to solve anything in a second. The people there take every guest very serious and they take their time to make sure that everything is done.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights during Valentine's week. This hotel was an unexpected surprise! The beach was only steps away from the hotel. I didn't expect to have ocean views, but from my 12th floor room the ocean vistas are really amazing. Nice restaurants and shops within walking distance. I enjoyed the hotel's free breakfast buffet which had everything from scrambled eggs, yogurt, to pancakes. The hotel decorated my room, per my boyfriend's request for Valentine's day, rose petals dropped on the floor and bed, and swan towels. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was very clean. There is a nice fitness and business center located on the 1st floor. There is also a small bar that serves nice tropical drinks also located on the 1st floor. It was a great hotel and I will definitely come back for another stay in the future.

Room Tip: Oceanview suite above the 12th floor can view the ocean at affordable price. There is a street belo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!