“Great staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Mead, Washington
“Great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our family group of 10 stayed for 2 nights post-cruise, checking out 10/28/13. As other reviewers have said, one of the best things about this hotel is the location. Across the street from a Walgreens (which has everything you could possibly need, including an ATM!), self-service laundry downstairs for all that damp clothing you brought back off of the cruise(!), a short walk from the beach, good restaurants around, and close to the cruise terminal.
The other great thing about this hotel is their staff. The morning breakfast was perfectly executed by Josuan, Luis & Mary. They served around 200-300 people each morning we were there, and somehow managed to keep all of the serving dishes filled with hot fresh food. And they were friendly! Never too busy for a special request. The front desk went out of their way to make us feel welcome and helped me smooth out every little bump with a smile.
There were only 2 negatives, and why I gave 4 stars instead of 5. First is the noise factor. Every Friday & Saturday night there is a dance club nearby with a BOOMING bass that lasts until around 4am, making it difficult to sleep. We had 3 rooms on the 10th floor which required ear plugs and surprisingly one room on the 3rd floor which wasn't noisy. Go figure. Must have been blocked by another building. Don't know.
The 2nd issue was the air conditioning, which is an unfortunately placed wall unit. It was too hot to turn it off at night, and the AC blows directly over the beds - the poor person in the nearest bed alternated between freezing and roasting. We placed 2 chairs in the way to redirect the air flow, which helped some, but didn't eliminate the issue.
Anyway, for the price I would not hesitate to stay here again, I'd probably just ask for a quieter room if staying Friday or Saturday. We got a great rate, the rooms were large and bright, it was clean, good location and the staff was friendly. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MiguelRivasCondado, Director General at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear World Trav,

Thank you for staying at the Condado Palm at providing us with your feedback. At this time we'd like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during you recent stay. We want you to know that due to some of our recent reviews along with yours, the Hotel is currently making an investment to install double doors and soundproofing all room facing Ashford Avenue to prevent the street noise from disturbing your sleep. Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again at the Condado Palm.

MRIVAS@CONDADOPALM.COM
787-370-1080 CEL.
787-721-9500 EXT.2500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel, excelent service, staff is very very friendly my hudband and i spend the best wedding anniversary i for sure recomend visit this hotel is great i would come back again i don't want to leave !Thank you to all the staff you are great!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Altadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This well-located hotel is just across the street from a Walgreens, near bus stops, and is even near a parking garage. The decor is so-so--not five-star by a long shot. The breakfast is substantial, but not esp elegant. Microwave and refrigerator in room without nonsense of a mini-bar. (There is a little place to buy water, juice, etc. in the lobby, and there is a 24-hour Walgreens). Remarkable indeed is the location--just a scant 2 blocks to the beach. There is also a serious swimming pool for people who like to swim--laps not play splash. Next to it is a large jacuzzi just in case. The price is also right!

Room Tip: Beach view is on the street. Need to be high up to see the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night in October with my family. I had stayed there there before for a couple's getaway. It was as before, an awesome stay. The breakfast was better than remembered (Pancakes, eggs and bacon included). The room was big, clean and comfy. This time we had to use the sofa bed and the housekeeping guys got there and set the sofa bed for us in a few minutes with a smile. The front desk staff (Antonio, Jihan and Carlos Camacho) made us feel right at home. They recommended we go to Buenos Ayres for dinner(which is aroud the corner) and since it started raining they provided an umbrella to be able to walk there. Raiza at the moment of reservation answered all of our questions and was very helpful. This is my hotel choice when staying in San Juan. I look forward to staying another weekend there again!!

• Stayed October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

It all started with us being upgraded to an ocean view suite. This room was huge and the entertainment from our balcony was all that we could have asked for! The breakfast was great... the pool was nice... the front desk staff very attentive and helpful. This place should have a better rating...seriously. Will stay here again when in San Juan! Great job guys!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the big tower seem to be cleaner/newer
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MiguelRivasCondado, Director General at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello Kevin B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, as guest reviews are truly valuable resource for us to ensure we are offering the best service and products, exceeding our guest expectations. Thank you again for your comments and hope that you stay with us on your next visit to Puerto Rico. if you call us direct I can warranty the best rate available on your next visit.

Hope to see you soon!

mrivas@condadopalm.com
787.791.9500
787.370.1080
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have stayed in the Condado before on business and pleasure, usually at more upmarket hotels. This stay was on my dime after 6 weeks staying in Fajardo for work, so I needed a nice, budget friendly hotel. This was my first stay at a Best Western, and I was a little skeptical. The photos looked good, and I knew the area was excellent, plus the value was unbeatable, so I gave it a try - I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

Before I even checked in, the service started! My plans had changed last minute, and I was going to be in San Juan at 11:00AM. I called the hotel at 9:30AM and spoke with the front desk, initially asking if I could leave my bags and go kill a few hours at the beach until the 3PM check in time. Well, Antonio at the front desk informed me that I could check in after 11:00AM, no problem! I was shocked!

Cut to 11:45AM, and I'm greeted by Antonio at the front desk (who remembers me from earlier and greets me like a long lost friend). He swiftly checks me in (literally, under 3 minutes) and directs me to my room. I'm hungry and ask about nearby places and he spends several minutes telling me the best places to go.

Now, I get to my room (which is great, totally remodeled, beautiful), but I'm on the third floor facing the Walgreen's. There is a guy on the street yelling, no way am I going to be able to nap! I call the front desk, and Antonio answers - thank God! I ask if I can move, apologize for being a P.I.T.A. and he says come down for re-assignment. He graciously puts me in a new room on a higher floor, apologizes for the noise and sends me on my way. I open the door to a sweet room that even has a view of the ocean! A few minutes later the phone rings, and it's Antonio asking if the room is ok! Um, yes, THANK YOU!

There is no room service and the pool is small, but the beach is a block away. Plus there are so many restaurants, bars, etc to walk to!

Room Tip: Ask for Antonio at check in! He is the BOMB!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
MiguelRivasCondado, Director General at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hello James M,

Thank you for your comments, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your Ocean view and our Hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed the special feeling of the place, I will pass your comments to our staff specially to Antonio (Guest Services) and we all are looking forward seeing you here again.

mrivas@condadopalm.com
787.370.1080
787.721.9500
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The curb appeal is good, once you enter the lobby it's very nice! We stayed 3 nights and had a great time. Location allows you to eat, gamble, shop, beach all within walking distance. I parked the rental car with the hotel arranged lot without a problem. Everybody was so courteous, friendly, nice. Downside; still remodeling, no coin laundry, slow draining plumbing, careful with the curb at entrance driveway! I'll return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!