Our family group of 10 stayed for 2 nights post-cruise, checking out 10/28/13. As other reviewers have said, one of the best things about this hotel is the location. Across the street from a Walgreens (which has everything you could possibly need, including an ATM!), self-service laundry downstairs for all that damp clothing you brought back off of the cruise(!), a short walk from the beach, good restaurants around, and close to the cruise terminal.
The other great thing about this hotel is their staff. The morning breakfast was perfectly executed by Josuan, Luis & Mary. They served around 200-300 people each morning we were there, and somehow managed to keep all of the serving dishes filled with hot fresh food. And they were friendly! Never too busy for a special request. The front desk went out of their way to make us feel welcome and helped me smooth out every little bump with a smile.
There were only 2 negatives, and why I gave 4 stars instead of 5. First is the noise factor. Every Friday & Saturday night there is a dance club nearby with a BOOMING bass that lasts until around 4am, making it difficult to sleep. We had 3 rooms on the 10th floor which required ear plugs and surprisingly one room on the 3rd floor which wasn't noisy. Go figure. Must have been blocked by another building. Don't know.
The 2nd issue was the air conditioning, which is an unfortunately placed wall unit. It was too hot to turn it off at night, and the AC blows directly over the beds - the poor person in the nearest bed alternated between freezing and roasting. We placed 2 chairs in the way to redirect the air flow, which helped some, but didn't eliminate the issue.
Anyway, for the price I would not hesitate to stay here again, I'd probably just ask for a quieter room if staying Friday or Saturday. We got a great rate, the rooms were large and bright, it was clean, good location and the staff was friendly. What more can you ask for?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites – a modern hotel nestled in one of the most exclusive areas of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Peaceful, affordable and just steps away from a powdery-white beach, we pride ourselves on providing the best value at the best location. Our 151 rooms and suites feature contemporary decor and an array of convenient services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Palace Hotel And Casino
- Diamond Palace Hotel Casino