“Almost there, Best Western!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Washington, DC
“Almost there, Best Western!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was a great location from the beach, less than two blocks. Had a nice balcony but too small to lounge or even sit on really. Nice view and you can see a sliver of the beach from the room. New appliances- TV, refrigerator, microwave. Phone did not work when we came in, but front desk was prompt in sending maintenance to fix it. Air conditioner kept the room damp and moist the whole trip until we discovered the "fan" setting had been turned on and actually blows air from the outside making it humid. Tip: Do NOT use "fan" setting and just use "cool" only. Bathroom was a huge disappointment- very old and mildewy smelling with stained floor and tub. Towel bar fell down in shower three times. Yet very nice common areas in the hotel and pool. Delicious simple breakfast with hot eats. Also my friend stayed an extra night and tried to check in at 10:30, which was too early. Her room wasn't ready until 6pm though the hotel was mostly empty. They gave her an upgrade to the newer suites in the building next door for her pains. Would stay here again in those nicer, renovated suites with kitchenettes!

Room Tip: Ask for a room/suite in the newer, more renovated building!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

When I arrived I was greated by Miriam and Jean Paul they were so nice and friendly, so far A plus for you guys specially after the nice upgrade you two gave me. Luis at the breakfast was really helpful. The pool area even is small is cozy but the best part this hotel have beside the super friendly staff is that is close (walking distance) to everything. Now to the part I didn't like even though is a nice hotel overall you need to improve your housekeeping staff I have to keep calling to the front desk because I didn't receive servives everyday like I was supposed to and when I did they alway forget something like taking out the trash, new towels, soap etc.

• Stayed October 2013
miami, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three days. I always had good experience with Best Western Hotels so I decided to stay here while on vacation in San Juan. I must say that I was disappointed. Breakfast was mediocre. They ran out of eggs, the potatoes were poorly cooked, and the sausages were dry. They ran out of milk and coffee.
There was no room service available and it took them more than one hour to bring me a toothbrush replacement. Housekeeping left the bed undone and our towels were left on the floor and were never replaced. No parking available. You have to walk half a block and ay anywhere between 6-15 dollars per day to park.
For the price, I would look elsewhere to stay next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MiguelRivasCondado, Director General at BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hello MCC009,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I want to apologize for the situations that you encounter during your stay. I am grateful to be aware of the issues that you experienced in April, as this is the only way we can address them and prevent similar problems from arising in the future. I assure you that your experience is most certainly not the norm. I am also very thankful to have the opportunity to assure the members of Tripadvisor that we take all comments and reviews extremely seriously.

As soon as I read it I called and discussed the incidents with our Kitchen and Housekeeping staff, we opened this Hotel six months ago and I like the opportunity to let Tripadvisor visitors that now we have a large parking facility next to our property with a direct entrance to the lobby and that our housekeeping and breakfast issues were resolve long time ago as guests informed in our resent reviews. Whenever is more convenient for you, please call me at 787.370.1080 or send me an email at mrivas@condadopalm.com. I would certainly like to know the details of your review.

Miguel Rivas
mrivas@condadopalm.com
787.370.1080
787.721.9500
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

A terrific location, a few minutes from the beach (though I'm not aware that any of the available rooms have the ocean view that's posted in the hotel photo). The staff are very friendly and helpful, although the hotel is not run very efficiently: neither the phone nor the airconditioner worked in our room, and the bellhop's hours are very limited. It takes ages for the phone to be answered at any time of day, even though the lobby is quite small. Plenty of variety for breakfast (cereal, toast, eggs, ham, bacon, breads, juices, yogurt), which was included in the price, but it was rather surprising that only disposable plastic plates and cups were provided, which is wasteful, environmentally unfriendly and quite tacky. Surely the hotel has a dishwasher!

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Firstly Antonio at the front desk provided a smiley face and was very helpful! He allowed me to check in early, to a wonderful room that I was very impressed by, and the comfiest bed ever! Antonio helped me out with all the questions I had, and made me feel instantly welcome - making my whole experience very enjoyable and comfortable. I felt extremely relaxed there, and this on top of the excellent location, I will certainly stay there when in PR again. Thank you very much

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is my favorite place to stay while traveling for business. It is close to many restaurants and bars. It is a very safe area if you like to exercise at night. Rooms are modern and clean. Staff was helpful, but Antonio Rosado was outstanding. He went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the new tower
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We booked this hotel to stay in for two nights before a cruise. We checked in late on a Thursday night after a long day. The gentleman who checked us in was not spectacular, however did his job. He did get snippy with our friends when they asked to change rooms since what they booked was not what they got. We got to our room and the room was small, but comfortable. It seemed to be clean, but we immediately noticed the loud street below our room. We were on the 4th floor. I was able to sleep through the noise but my companion was not. The next morning, we went to breakfast, which was great. Complementary eggs, meat, waffles, fruit, yogurt......We asked the manager to switch rooms since our room was so noisy. He was very helpful and got us a new room immediately. This room was also clean and was bigger. We did not hear any noise, and so we both slept well that night. The pool was clean, towels were available, the bar was small, but nice and the staff was very helpful and nice. It is right across the street from a Walgreens, down the street from tons of restaurants and just a few blocks away from the beach. I enjoyed my stay and will go back - no frills, but a good place to lay your head and get a good start with breakfast.

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the tower by the front desk. That tower seems to have better insulation. The...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!